• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Video examples of enneatypes

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually I was wrong. Johnny is really 4w5 Sx/Sp.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
yeah, the books/video portrayals of joan of arc that i've read/watched make her seem very Fi, and 1w9 seems right as well. even though she was patriotic and whatnot she was completely defying laws and social conventions of the time, and her visions/messages from god were very individual. identifying the real dauphin in a crowd is also very FiNe.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah, the books/video portrayals of joan of arc that i've read/watched make her seem very Fi, and 1w9 seems right as well. even though she was patriotic and whatnot she was completely defying laws and social conventions of the time, and her visions/messages from god were very individual. identifying the real dauphin in a crowd is also very FiNe.

agreed. Joan of Arc was not SJ or FJ at all. no ESFJ woman in the 14th century would be that unconventional. Joan of Arc is usually listed as 1w2, but 1w2s are more grounded, service oriented and people centric. 1w9s are the true idealists of the enneagram who see an ideal world and seek to create it.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
and 1w9 seems right as well.

No. She has no moral expectations. She has not issue in believing "there's one perfect way to do everything", like 1s. She was all about "us against them" and fidelity to god and the king, with a powerfull imagination: 6

. identifying the real dauphin in a crowd is also very FiNe.

It is above all 6. Like I said, the 6's intuition reside in their powerful imagination and their leanings to develop antenna wich permit them to survive in a dangerous environment. One of thei biggest presumption is that people can be dangerous because the image they project is different than their true self, potentially dangerous, so they develop antenna, and when they are well develop, they have a powerfull intuition wich help them to really scan the difference between the image projected by people and their true self. This is why she identified the true dauphin.

no ESFJ woman in the 14th century would be that unconventional.

Prejudice. And she was conventional, as a child she was an hyperactive religious who always followed what the church and the pretor said, never miss any confessions etc.

Joan of Arc is usually listed as 1w2

No.

1w9s are the true idealists of the enneagram who see an ideal world and seek to create it.

She had not specific ideal, she just wanted to obey to god, serve the kingdom and chase the british.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No. She has no moral expectations. She has not issue in believing "there's one perfect way to do everything", like 1s. She was all about "us against them" and fidelity to god and the king, with a powerfull imagination: 6

It is above all 6. Like I said, the 6's intuition reside in their powerful imagination and their leanings to develop antenna wich permit them to survive in a dangerous environment. One of thei biggest presumption is that people can be dangerous because the image they project is different than their true self, potentially dangerous, so they develop antenna, and when they are well develop, they have a powerfull intuition wich help them to really scan the difference between the image projected by people and their true self. This is why she identified the true dauphin.

Prejudice. And she was conventional, as a child she was an hyperactive religious who always followed what the church and the pretor said, never miss any confessions etc.

No.

She had not specific ideal, she just wanted to obey to god, serve the kingdom and chase the british.

conventional 17 year old girls don't hear visions from God, dress up as a male and lead an army to several consistant victories without prior military experience, nor do they challenge the authority of the catholic church if they live in 15th century France. I don't have any of her most memerable lines memorized, but all of her famous quotes I've read were Fi/Ne as hell.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I said she was conventional as a child, not then. But I see you have nothing to say about the rest, wich means that you agree.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

was she, though? the book i remember reading as a child about her portrayed her as very concerned about right and wrong, from the very beginning. the testimonies given after her death talked about what a pious and dutiful child she was in the village she grew up in, and how she masterfully completed her household tasks. she was working in her family's garden when the voice first came to her. after the first voice, she swore two things - to stay a virgin and to be obedient to the voices, who she believed linked her to god. this all seems heavily moral, and lacking 6 doubt and questioning. her first promise after hearing a voice in her head was to not question. she argued with them, but i do not remember much discussion of her questioning their nature. she also did not really care about country or the king because of anything besides her loyalty to her voices. i have generally seen the dauphin pictured as a bit of a prick, and joan needing to give him a little ass-kick to get him to actually be productive.

i could be wrong - like i said, that's just from what i have seen and viewed. certainly not professional research nor exhaustive sources.

or because she was NFP with well-attuned Ne and Fi. to some extent almost any NFP can point out an oddball in a crowd. i wouldn't be surprised if all NFs have a certain degree of skill at this. we work in energy fields... intuitive people-oriented "atmosphere" reading.

And she was conventional, as a child she was an hyperactive religious who always followed what the church and the pretor said, never miss any confessions etc.

but that leads you more to 6 than 1? if the church is defining "good" in joan's life, and she is a 1, it is no surprise she would follow them to a T.

i see what you mean that she could be a 6 but the portrayals of her i have read and viewed frame her as most deeply motivated by the moral cause. one would think a 6 would be more inclined to fight for the sake of protecting the people, but i'm not convinced she really cared about the specific people or country much, it sounds like she cared most about doing what was right by her god.

On Tuesday, May 29, 1431, the judges, after hearing Cauchon's report, condemned Joan as a relapsed heretic and delivered her to the English. The next morning at eight o'clock she was led out into the market place of Rouen to be burned at the stake. As the faggots were lighted, a Dominican friar, at her request, held up a cross before her eyes and, while the flames leapt higher and higher, she was heard to call on the name of Jesus.

To circumvent this possibility, the Dauphin ordered background inquiries and a theological examination at Poitiers to verify her morality. In April 1429, the commission of inquiry "declared her to be of irreproachable life, a good Christian, possessed of the virtues of humility, honesty and simplicity."

"Prince of Burgundy, I pray of you — I beg and humbly supplicate — that you make no more war with the holy kingdom of France. Withdraw your people swiftly from certain places and fortresses of this holy kingdom, and on behalf of the gentle king of France I say he is ready to make peace with you, by his honor."

Joan of Arc rejected the cautious strategy that had characterized French leadership during previous campaigns. During the five months of siege before her arrival, the defenders of Orléans had attempted only one aggressive move and that had ended in disaster

i dunno, it just all seems up 1's alley.

though this strikes me as 6ish -

The [trial record]'s most famous exchange is an exercise in subtlety. "Asked if she knew she was in God's grace, she answered: 'If I am not, may God put me there; and if I am, may God so keep me.'"[45] The question is a scholarly trap. Church doctrine held that no one could be certain of being in God's grace. If she had answered yes, then she would have convicted herself of heresy. If she had answered no, then she would have confessed her own guilt. Notary Boisguillaume later testified that at the moment the court heard this reply, "Those who were interrogating her were stupefied."

i guess part of it rests on the nature of the voices, which we probably shall never really know...

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
was she, though? the book i remember reading as a child about her portrayed her as very concerned about right and wrong, from the very beginning. the testimonies given after her death talked about what a pious and dutiful child she was in the village she grew up in, and how she masterfully completed her household tasks. she was working in her family's garden when the voice first came to her. after the first voice, she swore two things - to stay a virgin and to be obedient to the voices, who she believed linked her to god. this all seems heavily moral, and lacking 6 doubt and questioning. her first promise after hearing a voice in her head was to not question. she argued with them, but i do not remember much discussion of her questioning their nature. she also did not really care about country or the king because of anything besides her loyalty to her voices. i have generally seen the dauphin pictured as a bit of a prick, and joan needing to give him a little ass-kick to get him to actually be productive.

i could be wrong - like i said, that's just from what i have seen and viewed. certainly not professional research nor exhaustive sources.

or because she was NFP with well-attuned Ne and Fi. to some extent almost any NFP can point out an oddball in a crowd. i wouldn't be surprised if all NFs have a certain degree of skill at this. we work in energy fields... intuitive people-oriented "atmosphere" reading.

but that leads you more to 6 than 1? if the church is defining "good" in joan's life, and she is a 1, it is no surprise she would follow them to a T.

i see what you mean that she could be a 6 but the portrayals of her i have read and viewed frame her as most deeply motivated by the moral cause. one would think a 6 would be more inclined to fight for the sake of protecting the people, but i'm not convinced she really cared about the specific people much, it sounds like she cared most about doing what was right by her god.

thankyou for properly iterating what I was trying to say :hifive:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Sha was faithful and dutiful, bu not perfectionistic. And did'nt have problem with an internal anger to deny, like 1s do. When she was angered, she showed it, as a counterphobic, or followed rules and was simply not angry, as a phobic 6. And she questioned the nature of her voices.

Professional research by Enneagram pratician show her as a 6.

The Joan's particularity is to develop her antennas in an intituitive and spiritual way, elsewhere, NFPs tend to be intuitive and spiritual, but not to develop theses antenna, which are related with the enneatype. A type 9 NFP, for example, would'nt do, because he trust people, a type 2 NFP would'nt because he's focused on the need of others and how he can "give to get", a type 3 NFP would'nt, because 3s, as opposed to 6 have a hard time to remember image and true self are different thing, etc.

Both 6 and 1 tend to be dutiful, but 6 are dutiful to feel secure and safe, and reassure themselves, while 1 are dutiful to repress their anger and seek perfection to escape a powerful inner critic.

i see what you mean that she could be a 6 but the portrayals of her i have read and viewed frame her as most deeply motivated by the moral cause. one would think a 6 would be more inclined to fight for the sake of protecting the people, but i'm not convinced she really cared about the specific people or country much, it sounds like she cared most about doing what was right by her god.

Joan wanted to chase the english from France, her visions are essentially due to to the 6s leanings to seek force in their imagination. She thought she was moral, but she was not a rigid perfectionist like 1s are. She was reckless and was bored by precedures. She igored the french strategy. That show her ultimate will is to be safe, at first, she followed rules to be safe, then she ignored it to be safe again, so, her strongest will was not to follow rules with perfection like it is the case for 1s.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sha was faithful and dutiful, bu not perfectionistic. And did'nt have problem with an internal anger to deny, like 1s do. When she was angered, she showed it, as a counterphobic, or followed rules and was simply not angry, as a phobic 6. And she questioned the nature of her voices.

The Joan's particularity is to develop her antennas in an intituitive and spiritual way, elsewhere, NFPs tend to be intuitive and spiritual, but not to develop theses antenna, which are related with the enneatype. A type 9 NFP, for example, would'nt do, because he trust people, a type 2 NFP would'nt because he's focused on the need of others and how he can "give to get", a type 3 NFP would'nt, because 3s, as opposed to 6 have a hard time to remember image and true self are different thing, etc.

Both 6 and 1 tend to be dutiful, but 6 are dutiful to feel secure and safe, and reassure themselves, while 1 are dutiful to repress their anger and seek perfection to escape a powerful inner critic.

Joan wanted to chase the english from France, her visions are essentially due to to the 6s leanings to seek force in their imagination. She thought she was moral, but she was not a rigid perfectionist like 1s are. She was reckless and was bored by precedures. She igored the french strategy. That show her ultimate will is to be safe, at first, she followed rules to be safe, then she ignored it to be safe again, so, her strongest will was not to follow rules with perfection like it is the case for 1s.

I will admit that 6 is a possibility (I'm still leaning 1) but there is no way in hell she's ESFJ. she spoke with the elegance of a professional poet without any schooling or cultured background. if she isn't INFP, she's INTJ (come to think of it, being a 17 year old girl who becomes a military commander and doesn't loose a single battle sounds much more INTJ than INFP. I'm fairly certain she's one of the 2, but still leaning INFP),

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, she's probably more INFP than ESFJ. I simply wanted o explore different possibilities.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
This episode from Static Shock seems practically written with unhealthy 1s in mind... it's almost scary. :shock:

Ditto this episode of Courage the Cowardly Dog:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
2 7w6s Vincent Vega ENTP so/sx and Mia Wallace INFP sx/sp

Edit: I get a strong Fi vibe from Mia, but I could also see ISFP, ESFP or ENFP. she seems to use a lot of Ne though based on the way she talks.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Vega is So/Sp, not So/Sx. Possibly 7w8. Mia is 3w4 Sp/Sx.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Vega is So/Sp, not So/Sx. Possibly 7w8. Mia is 3w4 Sp/Sx.

once again I don't see any 3 in Mia. she'll all about having fun and spontenaety and doesn't seem to care what other people think at all or how much success she has. could you explain who Mia Wallace looks like a 3?
think you're right on Vincent being So/Sp, but 7w6 makes more sense for him. 7w8s are more choleric and have more of a forward energy about them. Vince's is more energy is more cautious and slightly nervous, especially if you look at his interactions with Jules (8w7) and Mia, he's really not very assertive and his speaking style is less intense than a 7w8. for example
Vincent: I'm of the opinion, that if Marcelus lived his whole life, he don't need to know nothin about this incident
a 7w8 would probably have just said: "Marcelus doesn't need to know anything about this" or "let's make sure Marcelus Wallace doesn't find out about this, we'd both be in a lot of trouble"
just for comparison, an 8w7 might simply say: don't tell Marcelus Wallace about this

of course, this is only one example, but Vince's speach pattern throughout the movie is quite cautious and indirect, more like a 7w6

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

well done convincing me, sir :laugh:

so 6-1-4 right ;)

(i know you don't like tritype... just kidding...)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
6w5 Sx/So vs 7w6 So/Sp: Scar vs Simba

6w5 Sx/So: Scar

6w5 Sx/So vs 8w9 Sx/So: Scar vs Mufasa

7w6 So/Sp, 7w8 So/Sx and 8w9 Sx/So: Simba, Rafiki and Mufasa