• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram's Worst Type Preference

Type 9, and I don't dislike functions or types, only individuals who get on my nerves, which is frequently more my fault that theirs.

Nomenclature

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w2
I am type 5 and I find unbridled Fi annoying...... sometimes I really don't get a crap about your personal stance on what I am doing.

I'm a 3 and I think the same thing.

What makes you think that I care about YOUR personal stance more than another person's? If you think I'm concerned about meeting YOUR standards, chances are, you need to stop flattering yourself.

Yeah, I have my own personal stances as to what I would want in a perfect world, but I understand that we DON'T live in a perfect world, and that some settings work better than others, ideal or not.

I don't hate Fi-- I just don't relate well with using it as a main function.

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm a 3 and I think the same thing.

What makes you think that I care about YOUR personal stance more than another person's? If you think I'm concerned about meeting YOUR standards, chances are, you need to stop flattering yourself.

Yeah, I have my own personal stances as to what I would want in a perfect world, but I understand that we DON'T live in a perfect world, and that some settings work better than others, ideal or not.

I don't hate Fi-- I just don't relate well with using it as a main function.

Well what makes you think I care more about YOUR personal logic? Why should we care if our efficient system which every expert agrees on doesn't make sense to YOU?

I don't hate Ti-- Well yes I do.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type 6 and I hate Fi. It silly. I tend to dislike Ne strongly too, when I use it it is really annoying, and when I try to use Fi, it's completely silly.

Nomenclature

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w2
Well what makes you think I care more about YOUR personal logic? Why should we care if our efficient system which every expert agrees on doesn't make sense to YOU?

I know you well enough to not take this seriously, especially when you're listed as Ti-aux, but that doesn't mean that you're going to put words in my mouth without me correcting them.

Because logic takes on the view of, "What will be the result of doing this?" while values take on the view of "How do I/we/they feel about or value this?"

Did I ever impose my view of logic on another person's decisions, saying that theirs was wrong? I'm aware of the fact that different people think differently. Did I ever say that Te was incorrect? No, I just said that what's "right" isn't always going to be what works. My point was that I am results-oriented.

Last edited:

InTheFlesh

Enneagram
CFV

Just shut up

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i think this thread is interesting in the sense of how certain functions might threaten certain enneatypes.

personally, as an e6, i feel most threatened by unbridled Fe - Fe used responsibly and with awareness is my favorite function (in others), but used otherwise it is the biggest threat to my sense of security. it can bind and demand, forcing one's own personal boundaries onto others, and placing the blame for one's own actions and feelings onto others for unvoiced standards they did not meet. it can also ostracize with silent efficiency.

here's the results of the thread so far:

3 Fi
3w4 Fe/Si
3w4 Fe
4w5 Fe
4w5 Fe
5w4 Fe
5 Si
5 Te, Fe
5 Fi
6w5 Fi
6w5 Fe
6 Fi
6w7 Ti
7 Si/Te, Ni, Fe
7 Te
7 Fe
8 Fe
8 Fe
9 Si

at first glance, Fe seems overrepresented. i suspect some of this has to do with it being an extraverted Judging function - it asserts itself more tangibly into the lives of others than Perceiving or introverted Judging functions.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
i think this thread is interesting in the sense of how certain functions might threaten certain enneatypes.

personally, as an e6, i feel most threatened by unbridled Fe - Fe used responsibly and with awareness is my favorite function (in others), but used otherwise it is the biggest threat to my sense of security. it can bind and demand, forcing one's own personal boundaries onto others, and placing the blame for one's own actions and feelings onto others for unvoiced standards they did not meet. it can also ostracize with silent efficiency.

here's the results of the thread so far:

3 Fi
3w4 Fe/Si
3w4 Fe
4w5 Fe
4w5 Fe
5w4 Fe
5 Si
5 Te, Fe
5 Fi
6w5 Fi
6w5 Fe
6 Fi
6w7 Ti
7 Si/Te, Ni, Fe
7 Te
7 Fe
8 Fe
8 Fe
9 Si

at first glance, Fe seems overrepresented. i suspect some of this has to do with it being an extraverted Judging function - it asserts itself more tangibly into the lives of others than Perceiving or introverted Judging functions.

I expected Te to be more represented. I personally haven't an issue with it, since I use it far more than ESTPs are supposed to - but isn't it the stereotypical steamroller, "you incompetent moron", "will work you half to death" function? The thing people don't like about ESTJs?

I suppose the misuse of Te is forgiven, since it actually has a purpose. Misused Fe is just unnecessary headache.

Also, I was surprised at the lack of Si votes. Am I the only one bad at remembering details? :(

But not surprised at the lack of Ne votes, since it's so glammed up. I find too much Ne to be fucking annoying, though perhaps I'm just jealous because I look idiotic when I try to use it. Still, I spent all day yesterday with an ENFP, and hooooly fuckaroni. My head's still throbbing. :laugh: he's like a 24 year old kid.

Lack of Se votes as well. :yay:

A

A window to the soul

I don't have a worst type preference. I wuv everyone.

:hug:

InTheFlesh

Enneagram
CFV
I expected Te to be more represented. I personally haven't an issue with it, since I use it far more than ESTPs are supposed to - but isn't it the stereotypical steamroller, "you incompetent moron", "will work you half to death" function? The thing people don't like about ESTJs?

I suppose the misuse of Te is forgiven, since it actually has a purpose. Misused Fe is just unnecessary headache.

Also, I was surprised at the lack of Si votes. Am I the only one bad at remembering details? :(

But not surprised at the lack of Ne votes, since it's so glammed up. I find too much Ne to be fucking annoying, though perhaps I'm just jealous because I look idiotic when I try to use it. Still, I spent all day yesterday with an ENFP, and hooooly fuckaroni. My head's still throbbing. :laugh: he's like a 24 year old kid.

Lack of Se votes as well. :yay:

While I understand Ne can be annoying, I think it's heavily reliant on the other functions that it relies on that makes it a positive or negative thing. The combination of Fi+Ne will be likely to make people uncomfortable, especially thinkers who don't know how to respond to the feeling based-level of randomness.
I think the combination of Ne+Ti (doesn't matter which comes first) is great. My closest friends have always been xNTP, because rather than basing that randomness off something I can't really connect to, they link it to the T that I can comprehend without feeling the need to criticize it.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
4. Unhealthy Fe. Si/Fe.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm a 6w7 and Ti is the bane of my existence, but I'm pretty sure that has more to do with being ENFP than being a 6.

And I don't necessarily hate Ti in others...I can actually get along quite well with certain Ti doms, especially INTPs...I just don't like having to use Ti or work with it a lot in an academic sense.

So it's not about hating inviduals, it's about hating the blah blah blah wall-of-text off-the-wall (sometimes pretentious, sometimes distinctly Ivory Tower syndrome) theories it sometimes produces, and having to use it intensely in a work or school environment.

I don't think there's a link between being a certain enneagram and having a prejudice or dislike for a function.

And I think I pointed out in this thread already that TG has Fe mixed up with being an ExFx, not actually having the function Fe.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Enneatype's least favorite function
1: Ne
2: Te
3: Fi
4: Ti
5: Se or Fe
6: Ni or Te
7: Si
8: Fe
9: ???

Enneatypes favorite function
1: Si, Te or Fi
2: Fe
3: Se
4: Fi
5: Ti or Ni
6: ???
7: Se or Ne
8: Te, Ne or Se
9: Fi or Si

Last edited:

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I'm an INTJ 5w4 and while I can feel annoyed by Fe at times (though I appreciate it a lot on a number of levels as well), its obviousness renders it harmless in a way. Si is so foreign to me I barely feel its sting. And both functions are not ones I encounter in high concentration in people very often. Enter: Ti. This function I cannot just discard as I understand its value and am faced with its output every day and there is something fascinating about it, but at the same time it is so difficult to connect with, it lies below the surface and it feels very rigid and most of all: I feel oh so judged by it and it eats away at my creativity when I have to cater to it. It feels incredibly pretentious at times and very closed-off. It doesn't understand me and seems to have no interest in understanding me and too much of it makes me feel incredibly lonely.

Sometimes INFPs can make me feel the same way (seems to be when they add some form of Te to the mix or they are perturbed). Introverted judgement+Si is probably the worst combo for me to have to deal with.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm an INTJ 5w4 and while I can feel annoyed by Fe at times (though I appreciate it a lot on a number of levels as well), its obviousness renders it harmless in a way. Si is so foreign to me I barely feel its sting. And both functions are not ones I encounter in high concentration in people very often. Enter: Ti. This function I cannot just discard as I understand its value and am faced with its output every day and there is something fascinating about it, but at the same time it is so difficult to connect with, it lies below the surface and it feels very rigid and most of all: I feel oh so judged by it and it eats away at my creativity when I have to cater to it. It feels incredibly pretentious at times and very closed-off. It doesn't understand me and seems to have no interest in understanding me and too much of it makes me feel incredibly lonely.

Sometimes INFPs can make me feel the same way (seems to be when they add some form of Te to the mix or they are perturbed). Introverted judgement+Si is probably the worst combo for me to have to deal with.

self righteous NFPs can unintentionally guilt trip the shit out of people. they're the only type I know that can make an INTJ experience guilt

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
they're the only type I know that can make an INTJ experience guilt

Wait, one of my INTJ friends feels guilt quite a lot. Do you just mean the majority of INTJs?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wait, one of my INTJ friends feels guilt quite a lot. Do you just mean the majority of INTJs?

the majority yes. if it's the friend I've talked to, that might be a case for INFJ

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the majority yes. if it's the friend I've talked to, that might be a case for INFJ

No, but now that you mention it, the friend you've talked to does feel guilty every so often. :yes:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP 4w5 sp/sx here.

Te is probably #1 in terms of "worst".

I have the hardest time with Te-doms, and it probably accounts for some of my worst traits when under stress. Te-aux bother me waaaaay less.
I also struggle with some Si-aux & Ti-aux individuals, so those might be next in line. Se types can bug me sometimes, but not like Te in the dom position.

It's funny that even unhealthy Ne + Fi doesn't often bother me. When an NFP bugs me it's usually a manifestation of the inferiors grating on my nerves (ie. a bossy ENFP in tert-Te mode).

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP 4w5 sp/sx here.

Te is probably #1 in terms of "worst".

I have the hardest time with Te-doms, and it probably accounts for some of my worst traits when under stress. Te-aux bother me waaaaay less.
I also struggle with some Si-aux & Ti-aux individuals, so those might be next in line. Se types can bug me sometimes, but not like Te in the dom position.

It's funny that even unhealthy Ne + Fi doesn't often bother me. When an NFP bugs me it's usually a manifestation of the inferiors grating on my nerves (ie. a bossy ENFP in tert-Te mode).

I would probably hate Te doms too if I were INFP. Ne +Te Tertiary lets me hold my own alright, but ETJs can be very directing and controlling without realizing it. most of the INFPs I know would rather deal with "softer" people