• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram's Worst Type Preference

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yea, I actually don't mind that so much. It's not bad in combination with my "one, two, skipafew, ninety nine one hundred" mentality. If it gets too minute, that's when my skin starts to crawl.

Someone at work handed me a cell phone policy to sign one day. So I signed it. And then she said. "Wait! Did you read it?" And I said, "no. It probably says don't use your cellphone at work." and she said, "not only that, it says don't ever use your cell phone at work until you are in the break room. Not in the hallways, not for emergencies, not for anything.." And then I said, "Yeah, don't publicly display cell phone use. You can text in the bathroom. Thanks for saving me five pages of reading." (We both laughed.) But then I was walking around thinking. "Damn somebody wasted a whole shit load of time formatting and editing and rewriting the five pages for that?" and then of course I'm thinking, "and now I'm wasting my time even thinking about it!"

I can go round in circles with myself for hours about this stuff. It just repulses me. I'm not a complete anarchist rebel and completely understand the value of rules and guidelines. But that's all they are, just guidelines.

The more I read your posts, the more I think we have lots of things in common. Maybe it's an ExFP thing.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would call it a "common sense" actully.

Actually I'm not sure if signing things, closing my eyes, and wishing for the best is the most sensible way for me to go through my life, not living in the United States, at least.

When I'm reading boring shit, I speed read. I only read slowly and truly absorb the words if I care about what I'm reading (novels, emails from boys, subjects I'm deeply enthralled with). It appears to enrage some people on this forum sometimes that I'm speed reading their posts and not contemplating slowly on each word with precision.

It's actually really risky to sign things without reading them, but I sincerely hate reading through pages of bullshit. Unethical people love that, they pray for people like me to walk through the door. Lucky I don't sign legally binding things very often - I mean really, I avoid it more than most people, I'm pretty certain. If I ever was in a position in life where I had to sign contracts and things more often, I'd have to hire a lawyer. Seriously, I do not trust myself to read the fine print. I may start out intending to do so and then be like...yeah. Okay. That's enough of that.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Actually I'm not sure if signing things, closing my eyes, and wishing for the best is the most sensible way for me to go through my life, not living in the United States, at least.

When I'm reading boring shit, I speed read. I only read slowly and truly absorb the words if I care about what I'm reading (novels, emails from boys, subjects I'm deeply enthralled with). It appears to enrage some people on this forum sometimes that I'm speed reading their posts and not contemplating slowly on each word with precision.

It's actually really risky to sign things without reading them, but I sincerely hate reading through pages of bullshit. Unethical people love that, they pray for people like me to walk through the door. Lucky I don't sign legally binding things very often - I mean really, I avoid it more than most people, I'm pretty certain. If I ever was in a position in life where I had to sign contracts and things more often, I'd have to hire a lawyer. Seriously, I do not trust myself to read the fine print. I may start out intending to do so and then be like...yeah. Okay. That's enough of that.

Tip: when a croat puts a term or a word into a quotation marks it means that the statement should not be taken strictly.

On the other hand if you know that if it is something serious you should of course read it in detail. But if we are talking about one of those documents that go something like: I promise that I will not set the room on fire, I promise that I will not put cats and loundry into the machine ..... etc. you can freely fast read and that is it.

However I presumed that the cultural factor will come out eventually. Since you probably have to sign much more of those contract and stuff since you have idividualized logic and want to have prof of a deal. Plus people are not afraid to go to the court because of braking of contract rules. (unlike here)

What would mean that you live in a wrong culture for your type. :yes:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am an 8 and, I HATE Fe.

I am wondering if there is a pattern here between enneagram and worst function preference. So post your enneagram and the function you think is most annoying.

the only other 8 i know hates fe too...ha...that is kinda weird.

im a 7 and i don't know if there's a function i dislike...probably any of them that dismiss my fi

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
541 Te and Si drive me batshit.

if you don't mind my asking, what exactly is it people don't like about Te? it seems like a lot of people are annoyed by this function and I can't figure out why. you me, Te just seems like
- find goal
- gather relevant data in which case it calls upon
- make plan
- distribute work
- implement plan

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
The one that manifests itself in an overly rigid mindset and an inability to cooperate. You know, that one.

Not sure that's enneagram related though, it seems like 80% of the forums hate THAT ONE.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Si drives me crazy, but only if it's projected onto me. it's wonderful if you have your own routine, traditions and sentiments of the past, but don't try to present these to me as facts or rational thought, because they're not. not that they need to be, but SJs as a whole need to recognize what Si really is. your sentimental thoughts about things of the past do not make them objectively better than a current version of it that is improved for practical purposes. similarly, "if it aint broke don't fix it" is true, but "if it aint broke don't improve it" is not (at least if you are talking about something that yields practical value. this doesn't necessarily have to be true of entertainment means)

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
if you don't mind my asking, what exactly is it people don't like about Te? it seems like a lot of people are annoyed by this function and I can't figure out why. you me, Te just seems like
- find goal
- gather relevant data in which case it calls upon
- make plan
- distribute work
- implement plan

it's interfering and is constantly prematurely comming to conclusions, so it's like a giant blow fly that you have to constantly beat back.
yes, there are good things about it but it has to be on it's best behaviour. incompetent Te is the worst because it becomes everyone's problems as Te tends to deligate.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it's interfering and is constantly prematurely comming to conclusions, so it's like a giant blow fly that you have to constantly beat back.
yes, there are good things about it but it has to be on it's best behaviour. incompetent Te is the worst because it becomes everyone's problems as Te tends to deligate.

good point, thankyou for replying, I see what you mean now. my confusion may come from the fact that Te in the ENFP temperament would tend to be more balanced than that seen in, say, an ESTJ

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
It's harder for me to see the good side of Te because of my personality. I'm stubborn, independant and absolutly have to make my own decisions, so Te (even when innocent) and I clash like stags in a duel. I have to start war, push teh Te off me and throw it to teh ground, just so i can function properly.

T

ThatGirl

What's your wing TG?

Lol, I think it used to be 7.

I just tried to take it again to be sure since it had been a while, and scored a 1w9 with my 9 being higher than my 7. But 8 was second highest to one.....I must be in a weird mood right now.

If I could type myself I'd say I was an 8w1 Lol.

Type 1 (7)
Type 8 (6)
Type 3 & 5 (5)
Type 4 & 9 (4)
Type 7 (3)
Type 6 (2)
Type 2 (0)

rav3n

You might want to take a look at tritype theory which is based on head, heart and gut, where each enneagram type is slotted into one of those categories and each person has one of each category starting with their main tritype.

I'm an 835 tritype, where 8 is my primary type which is gut, 3 is heart type and 5 is head type.

I too am not a fan of Fe and seriously cannot stand unhealthy Fe.

T

ThatGirl

Sorry I just realized I hadn't answered the question. I researched a while back and I am 100% sure I am an 8 probably wing 7.

My enneagram changes according to my current mood (which I sometimes find ammusing), but I completely relate to everything eight even that soul child crap that was posted a while back.

T

ThatGirl

You might want to take a look at tritype theory which is based on head, heart and gut, where each enneagram type is slotted into one of those categories and each person has one of each category starting with their main tritype.

I'm an 835 tritype, where 8 is my primary type which is gut, 3 is heart type and 5 is head type.

I too am not a fan of Fe and seriously cannot stand unhealthy Fe.

Cool, I will check that out. Yeah I don't see a lot of point in Fe unless it is under crisis. Like if a natural disaster happened an Fe user would be good to have around.

Other than that I think it causes a premature finality and stops progress or at least slows it down by sugar coating and difusing things in the moment that will probably be revisited in the future.

It also enforces pack like mentality by defining groups in the first place.

It isn't so bad if it is behind or backed by a more well developed function.

G

garbage

but SJs as a whole need to recognize what Si really is.

good point, thankyou for replying, I see what you mean now. my confusion may come from the fact that Te in the ENFP temperament would tend to be more balanced than that seen in, say, an ESTJ

If we're going by theory and function placement, Te is just as balanced in an ENFP as Si is in any ESxJ. If we're gonna make excuses and caveats for one, we'll have to do it for the other.

Not sure that's enneagram related though, it seems like 80% of the forums hate THAT ONE.

I'm deliberately not naming a function, because I'm pretty sure the function(s) that I'm thinking of isn't the same one that everyone else would be thinking of when I said that. If I were to name said function(s), I'd have to use some doublethink to make this whole post consistent. So, I won't ;)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

yeah, same with Fe, incompetent Fe is a pain in the ass because the person decides what everyone's problem is, and how they should all go about addressing it. at least incompetent Fi is more likely to just go cut its wrists in the corner.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah, same with Fe, incompetent Fe is a pain in the ass because the person decides what everyone's problem is, and how they should all go about addressing it. at least incompetent Fi is more likely to just go cut its wrists in the corner.

exactly. and at least with incompetent Te you can reason. "if we do X plan your way, the result will be Y because of Z" unhealthy Fe users will just scream at you if you try to do this (I have plenty of experience to back this up)