• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram's Worst Type Preference

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A 7. Probably unhealthy Fe. They are day ruiners. Or anyone that overly abides to the rules. (I don't know if that's a function or not.) There's this one lady at my work who shows up to work 15 minutes early and stands by the time clock waiting for the time to turn to 2:45, (when we're supposed to punch in) and she just stares at the clock. She doesn't read a book or have a snack or anything. She literally just takes over the time clock area and stares at the wall clock. This really really bothers me more than it should. (I have a beef with some similar things that she does as well.) I hate showing up at 2:37 or 2:42 and having to push her out of the way. She always looks rather indignant when I do so. Anyone with these kinds of behaviors drive me nuts. Whatever function/ combination of functions that is.[/QUOTE]

SJ

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Great to stereotype....

I originally thought "SJ" as well, where as it could be a mix of functions in anybody.. Time use and efficiency is > following rules to me. AKA. They told me to write something in three different areas that I should only have to write in one spot on the paperwork. My answer is. "NO." As long as it's in writing, period. Change your system so I can do more work. Anyone who thinks the other way just drives me insane. Could be just an OCD thing as well on their part, rather than a type or function thing. It's my Te problem more than their problem. (And actually, since two of the SJ's use Te as a main function as well, I can hardly say that SJ's are definitely the ones to blame.)

G

Glycerine

Hahahahaha, it could definitely well be an SJ, I was thinking that they always seem to get the bad rap along with Fe doms. I was pretty much joking.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hahahahaha, it could definitely well be an SJ, I was thinking that they always seem to get the bad rap along with Fe doms. I was pretty much joking.

Well, I said “Fe” and then I was thinking, I don’t remember anything saying that Fe was overly rule-abiding. An ISTJ may abide by the rules too much, partially because of their Te, but then I thought. “Well, the fact that I have heavy Te is what makes me the opposite way.” So, I don’t know. My Te may come out different than other’s Te because of the fact that I’m also a P. So, draw what conclusions you want from it. These people still make my blood boil.

You aren’t like that, are you?? :thelook:

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi,
My name is Crystal, and I'm addicted to ennegram.

Seriously though,
5w4, and very intrusive and rigid Fe (the healthy stuff is always appreciated though). All functions have thier bad and good points though.

G

Glycerine

Well, I said “Fe” and then I was thinking, I don’t remember anything saying that Fe was overly rule-abiding. An ISTJ may abide by the rules too much, partially because of their Te, but then I thought. “Well, the fact that I have heavy Te is what makes me the opposite way.” So, I don’t know. My Te may come out different than other’s Te because of the fact that I’m also a P. So, draw what conclusions you want from it. These people still make my blood boil.

You aren’t like that, are you?? :thelook:

No, I was just thinking about Fe in general *nothing related to what you said*

To answer the question, I tend to bend the rules if I can get away with it but if something is going to unnecessarily hurt someone, I am going to assert myself. I don't really care about the minor ones other than if you can't make it to something, tell me straight up.

G

garbage

lol off topicks, oh well

One ISTJ I know basically just has the mentality of "Whoah, whoah, you shouldn't get too hasty. You should probably think about x and y and z. My experiences have shown that that stuff is pretty important." To me, that's pretty valuable feedback and it's not overly rigid, but it still says something about his type preferences.

Wow, someone can be a clear SJ but not be completely rigid? Color me shocked. :shock:

I end up wondering how many people type a person as a particular type simply because they don't like the functions associated with that type and they don't like that person, so they associate the traits of the type with that person. In other words, their mental models of what the functions are actually about are off-balance and they don't recognize their own biases.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lol off topicks, oh well

One ISTJ I know basically just has the mentality of "Whoah, whoah, you shouldn't get too hasty. You should probably think about x and y and z. My experiences have shown that that stuff is pretty important." To me, that's pretty valuable feedback and it's not overly rigid, but it still says something about his type preferences.

Wow, someone can be a clear SJ but not be completely rigid? Color me shocked. :shock:

I end up wondering how many people type a person as a particular type simply because they don't like the functions associated with that type and they don't like that person, so they associate the traits of the type with that person. In other words, their mental models of what the functions are actually about are off-balance and they don't recognize their own biases.

Yea, I actually don't mind that so much. It's not bad in combination with my "one, two, skipafew, ninety nine one hundred" mentality. If it gets too minute, that's when my skin starts to crawl.

Someone at work handed me a cell phone policy to sign one day. So I signed it. And then she said. "Wait! Did you read it?" And I said, "no. It probably says don't use your cellphone at work." and she said, "not only that, it says don't ever use your cell phone at work until you are in the break room. Not in the hallways, not for emergencies, not for anything.." And then I said, "Yeah, don't publicly display cell phone use. You can text in the bathroom. Thanks for saving me five pages of reading." (We both laughed.) But then I was walking around thinking. "Damn somebody wasted a whole shit load of time formatting and editing and rewriting the five pages for that?" and then of course I'm thinking, "and now I'm wasting my time even thinking about it!"

I can go round in circles with myself for hours about this stuff. It just repulses me. I'm not a complete anarchist rebel and completely understand the value of rules and guidelines. But that's all they are, just guidelines.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Great to stereotype....add more to the SJ hate.. lol

it's not a stereotype. excessive rule following past the point of any practicality is a common overuse of Si.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am a 6w5 (I think) and my least favourite is Fi, even though I've heard people say 6 is associated with Fi for some reason. Sorry Fi users, it's not personal, just going by the functions in isolation.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
3w4 here, Fe+Si = Problem. They not only can get wrapped up in little things/details, they take it personally if you don't do the same.

They're also valedictorian graduates from the school of "I don't care about efficiency, I want to do everything the hard way because it's proper, and guilts people into appreciating me".

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That which you hate, owns you.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
She (the OP) hates feelers who are extroverts. ENFPs and ENFJs. ESFPs and ESFJs.

Not Fe.

She clarified this for me one time, because she kept saying I had Fe, and I was like...no...but then she explained that she meant extroverts who are feelers.

We extrovert our feelings all over you. Isn't that nice?

Anyway, I'm a 4w3 or a 6w7...and I'd have to say...I don't hate any function. But I'm not good with Ti.