User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Type 9, and I don't dislike functions or types, only individuals who get on my nerves, which is frequently more my fault that theirs.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    SEE

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    I am type 5 and I find unbridled Fi annoying...... sometimes I really don't get a crap about your personal stance on what I am doing.
    I'm a 3 and I think the same thing.

What makes you think that I care about YOUR personal stance more than another person's? If you think I'm concerned about meeting YOUR standards, chances are, you need to stop flattering yourself.

Yeah, I have my own personal stances as to what I would want in a perfect world, but I understand that we DON'T live in a perfect world, and that some settings work better than others, ideal or not.

I don't hate Fi-- I just don't relate well with using it as a main function.
    ISTP 3w2 SX/SO

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nomenclature View Post
    I'm a 3 and I think the same thing.

What makes you think that I care about YOUR personal stance more than another person's? If you think I'm concerned about meeting YOUR standards, chances are, you need to stop flattering yourself.

Yeah, I have my own personal stances as to what I would want in a perfect world, but I understand that we DON'T live in a perfect world, and that some settings work better than others, ideal or not.

I don't hate Fi-- I just don't relate well with using it as a main function.
    Well what makes you think I care more about YOUR personal logic? Why should we care if our efficient system which every expert agrees on doesn't make sense to YOU?

I don't hate Ti-- Well yes I do.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Type 6 and I hate Fi. It silly. I tend to dislike Ne strongly too, when I use it it is really annoying, and when I try to use Fi, it's completely silly.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    SEE

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Well what makes you think I care more about YOUR personal logic? Why should we care if our efficient system which every expert agrees on doesn't make sense to YOU?

I know you well enough to not take this seriously, especially when you're listed as Ti-aux, but that doesn't mean that you're going to put words in my mouth without me correcting them.

Because logic takes on the view of, "What will be the result of doing this?" while values take on the view of "How do I/we/they feel about or value this?"

Did I ever impose my view of logic on another person's decisions, saying that theirs was wrong? I'm aware of the fact that different people think differently. Did I ever say that Te was incorrect? No, I just said that what's "right" isn't always going to be what works. My point was that I am results-oriented.
    Last edited by Nomenclature; 06-17-2011 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Edited for emphasis
    ISTP 3w2 SX/SO

Enneagram
    CFV

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post

Just shut up

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i think this thread is interesting in the sense of how certain functions might threaten certain enneatypes.

personally, as an e6, i feel most threatened by unbridled Fe - Fe used responsibly and with awareness is my favorite function (in others), but used otherwise it is the biggest threat to my sense of security. it can bind and demand, forcing one's own personal boundaries onto others, and placing the blame for one's own actions and feelings onto others for unvoiced standards they did not meet. it can also ostracize with silent efficiency.

here's the results of the thread so far:

3 Fi
    3w4 Fe/Si
    3w4 Fe
    4w5 Fe
    4w5 Fe
    5w4 Fe
    5 Si
    5 Te, Fe
    5 Fi
    6w5 Fi
    6w5 Fe
    6 Fi
    6w7 Ti
    7 Si/Te, Ni, Fe
    7 Te
    7 Fe
    8 Fe
    8 Fe
    9 Si

at first glance, Fe seems overrepresented. i suspect some of this has to do with it being an extraverted Judging function - it asserts itself more tangibly into the lives of others than Perceiving or introverted Judging functions.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i think this thread is interesting in the sense of how certain functions might threaten certain enneatypes.

personally, as an e6, i feel most threatened by unbridled Fe - Fe used responsibly and with awareness is my favorite function (in others), but used otherwise it is the biggest threat to my sense of security. it can bind and demand, forcing one's own personal boundaries onto others, and placing the blame for one's own actions and feelings onto others for unvoiced standards they did not meet. it can also ostracize with silent efficiency.

here's the results of the thread so far:

3 Fi
    3w4 Fe/Si
    3w4 Fe
    4w5 Fe
    4w5 Fe
    5w4 Fe
    5 Si
    5 Te, Fe
    5 Fi
    6w5 Fi
    6w5 Fe
    6 Fi
    6w7 Ti
    7 Si/Te, Ni, Fe
    7 Te
    7 Fe
    8 Fe
    8 Fe
    9 Si

at first glance, Fe seems overrepresented. i suspect some of this has to do with it being an extraverted Judging function - it asserts itself more tangibly into the lives of others than Perceiving or introverted Judging functions.
    I expected Te to be more represented. I personally haven't an issue with it, since I use it far more than ESTPs are supposed to - but isn't it the stereotypical steamroller, "you incompetent moron", "will work you half to death" function? The thing people don't like about ESTJs?

I suppose the misuse of Te is forgiven, since it actually has a purpose. Misused Fe is just unnecessary headache.

Also, I was surprised at the lack of Si votes. Am I the only one bad at remembering details?

But not surprised at the lack of Ne votes, since it's so glammed up. I find too much Ne to be fucking annoying, though perhaps I'm just jealous because I look idiotic when I try to use it. Still, I spent all day yesterday with an ENFP, and hooooly fuckaroni. My head's still throbbing. he's like a 24 year old kid.

Lack of Se votes as well.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

A window to the soul

I don't have a worst type preference. I wuv everyone.

Enneagram
    CFV

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    I expected Te to be more represented. I personally haven't an issue with it, since I use it far more than ESTPs are supposed to - but isn't it the stereotypical steamroller, "you incompetent moron", "will work you half to death" function? The thing people don't like about ESTJs?

I suppose the misuse of Te is forgiven, since it actually has a purpose. Misused Fe is just unnecessary headache.

Also, I was surprised at the lack of Si votes. Am I the only one bad at remembering details?

But not surprised at the lack of Ne votes, since it's so glammed up. I find too much Ne to be fucking annoying, though perhaps I'm just jealous because I look idiotic when I try to use it. Still, I spent all day yesterday with an ENFP, and hooooly fuckaroni. My head's still throbbing. he's like a 24 year old kid.

Lack of Se votes as well.
    While I understand Ne can be annoying, I think it's heavily reliant on the other functions that it relies on that makes it a positive or negative thing. The combination of Fi+Ne will be likely to make people uncomfortable, especially thinkers who don't know how to respond to the feeling based-level of randomness.
    I think the combination of Ne+Ti (doesn't matter which comes first) is great. My closest friends have always been xNTP, because rather than basing that randomness off something I can't really connect to, they link it to the T that I can comprehend without feeling the need to criticize it.