User Tag List

12 Last

Anew Leaf

Default Enneagram Type Problems....

So I have taken about 6 different tests, and all of them give me different results.

The latest one gave me a 85% on type 9, 83% on type 4, and 81% on type 5. The other types were down in the 40% and under percentages.

Soo.... I checked out that whole "wing" idea, thinking that maybe these numbers overlap.... and they do not.

What's a 9-4-5 supposed to do?

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Common points between 4 and 5: originals and creatives, tend to be unconformist or even eccentric, very sensitive to criticism, withdrawn and sometimes loner, not at ease in society.

Differences: the 4 is in his emotions and his current mood, the 5 is calm and objective, the 4 seek to increase emotional intensity, the 5 seek for a stable and without swirl relationship, the 4 want to express his feelings and to be understood, the 5 is not at ease to express his feelings and keep them for himself, the 4 is involved with others the 5 still distant, even in intimacy.

Common points between 4 and 9: warm and compassionate, avoid conflict and confrontation, sensitive to criticism, stubborn and resistant, have sometimes difficulties to take decisions.

Differences: the 4 is theatrical the 9 is calm, the 4 have an original style the 9 is more conventional at this aspect, the 4 would want that things change, the 9 accept the world as it is, the 4 accuse and provoke if ignored, the 9 is withdrawing and self-forgetting in another occupation, the 4 is attached to his melancholy, the 9 tend to repress that feeling.

Common points between 5 and 9: avoid conflicts and difficult situations, urious to recolt informations, talk quietly, passive-agressive.

Differences: the 5 is distant with people, the 9 merge with people, the 5 is cynical and misgiving, the 9 is credule and optimist, the 5 get tired is he stay too long time with a group, the 9 can stay for a long time with a group, the 5's speech is terse, the 9's is endless, the 5 is focused, the 9 is easily distract.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

A 9-4-5 could chose to use tritype theory over a wing, if they wanted to. Meaning your type is 9-4-5 in gut-heart-head.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    A 9-4-5 could chose to use tritype theory over a wing, if they wanted to. Meaning your type is 9-4-5 in gut-heart-head.
    I hadn't seen anything about a tritype... That makes a bit more sense for me. I will check that out, thank you!

Speed: thanks for the sum ups between the types there. Given me some snacks for thought.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Don't mention it. But you should better avoid the tritype thing, it is too much confusing especially for a begginer.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Here's an overall description for the tri-types that i've found, atleast for type 5 in particular but 594/954/459/945 are all really similar, I do think that instinctual variant do make it rather difficult, for example i'm an sx/so 594 , and the tri-type combination tends to be very introspective? or well withdrawn I suppose, but for me as an sx/so, there is always a 'need' to connect and merge. So i'll stop talking now and post some descriptions

459/594/945 is described as being intuitive, knowledgeable, and accepting. You want to be original, wise and peaceful. Highly self aware and reflective, you are very shy, reserved and self conscious. You need regular quiet time to reflect on your thoughts and emotions. Easily flooded with emotion, it is difficult for you to voice your feelings and ideas to others.

Your life mission is to delve deeply into the mysteries of life and share your insight with others. A true philosopher, you are happiest when you can write about your discoveries and discuss them with others. Making sense of your world is a never ending quest.

You can be so focused on your inner world that you can become inhibited and appear to be indifferent to others. Insecure, you become moody and expect others to initiate and come toward you.

5-4-9: shy, somewhat fragile and a bit romantic, such Fives tend to put on a congenial façade to hide their rich inner worlds from the society. They outwardly appear friendly but reserved, usually mysterious to other people who sense there is more depth and intensity hidden behind their amiable mask. These Fives have rich imaginations and love to immerse themselves in thoughts and fantasies. They are introspective, dreamy, creative and socially withdrawn, but also disorganized and painfully avoidant.
    typical subtypes: self-preserving, sexual, 5w4
    similar tritypes: 5-9-4, 9-5-4, 4-5-9
    flavours: insightful, imaginative, enigmatic and unstructured

5-9-4: reclusive, modest, discreet and quite dreamy and unassertive, such Fives possess a vast imagination in which they spend most of their time among their theories, fantasies and vivid memories. They have a somewhat bohemian charm to them – they are relaxed, casual, creative and a bit reckless. Usually pleasant and undisturbed on the outside, they hide complex inner worlds in which reality interweaves with fantasy, real with imaginary, the objective with the subjective. These Fives are gentle, sensitive and avoidant and tend to express their anger in a passive-aggressive manner.
    typical subtypes: self-preserving, sexual, 5w4
    similar tritypes: 5-4-9, 9-5-4, 4-5-9
    flavours: laid-back, unconventional, imaginative and random

Personally, I've come to believe that the variant and stackings act as 'energy' so for me the variants would stay the same so I would appear as an sx/so 5w4, an sx/so 9w1, and an sx/so 4w3 Though apparently one tends to 'jump' from the dominant type to the secondary or tertiary type alot, according to david Fauvre, you can jump through all three throughout the day.

Here's a really awesome description of the variants for 9w1

more information for type four stacking

and type five

more info on tri-types in general

Hope that I've helped a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Don't mention it. But you should better avoid the tritype thing, it is too much confusing especially for a begginer.
    lol yeah I would agree, it is fun but it can become too much lol

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by The_World_As_Will View Post
    lol yeah I would agree, it is fun but it can become too much lol
    Wow that was very informative! And those descriptions sounded a lot more like me than the straight 4, 5, or 9 did.

Can you direct me to where you discovered all of this sx so stuff? Thanks a bunny bunch

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Wow that was very informative! And those descriptions sounded a lot more like me than the straight 4, 5, or 9 did.

Can you direct me to where you discovered all of this sx so stuff? Thanks a bunny bunch
    Here's a good source, wish I knew about it beforehand, lol I spent countless hours on the net finding these things.

This place is good, but they have a forum (which I suggest you avoid, I mean it's 'okay' but the posters there just get too wordy and just sort makes an actual good theory into over-hyped non-sense, like they get so far up their own asshole with it :/ Imagine Introverted Intuition to the extreme... and that annoys the hell out of me to no end :|

On a more positive note - I love your signature! :P Its awesome and so dramatic lol, I conjure up images of this fury end of the world scene but i'm really morbid :P

Anew Leaf

Yay!! Pudding for you my INTP counterpart!

Also my signature is a link to my theory on how to love forever. Clever yes.