• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram Type Problems....

A

Anew Leaf

So I have taken about 6 different tests, and all of them give me different results.

The latest one gave me a 85% on type 9, 83% on type 4, and 81% on type 5. The other types were down in the 40% and under percentages.

Soo.... I checked out that whole "wing" idea, thinking that maybe these numbers overlap.... and they do not.

What's a 9-4-5 supposed to do? :)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Common points between 4 and 5: originals and creatives, tend to be unconformist or even eccentric, very sensitive to criticism, withdrawn and sometimes loner, not at ease in society.

Differences: the 4 is in his emotions and his current mood, the 5 is calm and objective, the 4 seek to increase emotional intensity, the 5 seek for a stable and without swirl relationship, the 4 want to express his feelings and to be understood, the 5 is not at ease to express his feelings and keep them for himself, the 4 is involved with others the 5 still distant, even in intimacy.

Common points between 4 and 9: warm and compassionate, avoid conflict and confrontation, sensitive to criticism, stubborn and resistant, have sometimes difficulties to take decisions.

Differences: the 4 is theatrical the 9 is calm, the 4 have an original style the 9 is more conventional at this aspect, the 4 would want that things change, the 9 accept the world as it is, the 4 accuse and provoke if ignored, the 9 is withdrawing and self-forgetting in another occupation, the 4 is attached to his melancholy, the 9 tend to repress that feeling.

Common points between 5 and 9: avoid conflicts and difficult situations, urious to recolt informations, talk quietly, passive-agressive.

Differences: the 5 is distant with people, the 9 merge with people, the 5 is cynical and misgiving, the 9 is credule and optimist, the 5 get tired is he stay too long time with a group, the 9 can stay for a long time with a group, the 5's speech is terse, the 9's is endless, the 5 is focused, the 9 is easily distract.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
A 9-4-5 could chose to use tritype theory over a wing, if they wanted to. Meaning your type is 9-4-5 in gut-heart-head.

A

Anew Leaf

A 9-4-5 could chose to use tritype theory over a wing, if they wanted to. Meaning your type is 9-4-5 in gut-heart-head.

I hadn't seen anything about a tritype... That makes a bit more sense for me. I will check that out, thank you!

Speed: thanks for the sum ups between the types there. Given me some snacks for thought. :)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't mention it. But you should better avoid the tritype thing, it is too much confusing especially for a begginer.

The_World_As_Will

Here's an overall description for the tri-types that i've found, atleast for type 5 in particular but 594/954/459/945 are all really similar, I do think that instinctual variant do make it rather difficult, for example i'm an sx/so 594 , and the tri-type combination tends to be very introspective? or well withdrawn I suppose, but for me as an sx/so, there is always a 'need' to connect and merge. So i'll stop talking now and post some descriptions

459/594/945 is described as being intuitive, knowledgeable, and accepting. You want to be original, wise and peaceful. Highly self aware and reflective, you are very shy, reserved and self conscious. You need regular quiet time to reflect on your thoughts and emotions. Easily flooded with emotion, it is difficult for you to voice your feelings and ideas to others.

Your life mission is to delve deeply into the mysteries of life and share your insight with others. A true philosopher, you are happiest when you can write about your discoveries and discuss them with others. Making sense of your world is a never ending quest.

You can be so focused on your inner world that you can become inhibited and appear to be indifferent to others. Insecure, you become moody and expect others to initiate and come toward you.

5-4-9: shy, somewhat fragile and a bit romantic, such Fives tend to put on a congenial façade to hide their rich inner worlds from the society. They outwardly appear friendly but reserved, usually mysterious to other people who sense there is more depth and intensity hidden behind their amiable mask. These Fives have rich imaginations and love to immerse themselves in thoughts and fantasies. They are introspective, dreamy, creative and socially withdrawn, but also disorganized and painfully avoidant.
typical subtypes: self-preserving, sexual, 5w4
similar tritypes: 5-9-4, 9-5-4, 4-5-9
flavours: insightful, imaginative, enigmatic and unstructured

5-9-4: reclusive, modest, discreet and quite dreamy and unassertive, such Fives possess a vast imagination in which they spend most of their time among their theories, fantasies and vivid memories. They have a somewhat bohemian charm to them – they are relaxed, casual, creative and a bit reckless. Usually pleasant and undisturbed on the outside, they hide complex inner worlds in which reality interweaves with fantasy, real with imaginary, the objective with the subjective. These Fives are gentle, sensitive and avoidant and tend to express their anger in a passive-aggressive manner.
typical subtypes: self-preserving, sexual, 5w4
similar tritypes: 5-4-9, 9-5-4, 4-5-9
flavours: laid-back, unconventional, imaginative and random

Personally, I've come to believe that the variant and stackings act as 'energy' so for me the variants would stay the same so I would appear as an sx/so 5w4, an sx/so 9w1, and an sx/so 4w3 Though apparently one tends to 'jump' from the dominant type to the secondary or tertiary type alot, according to david Fauvre, you can jump through all three throughout the day.

Here's a really awesome description of the variants for 9w1

more information for type four stacking

and type five

more info on tri-types in general

Hope that I've helped a bit :)

A

Anew Leaf

lol yeah I would agree, it is fun but it can become too much lol

Wow that was very informative! And those descriptions sounded a lot more like me than the straight 4, 5, or 9 did.

Can you direct me to where you discovered all of this sx so stuff? Thanks a bunny bunch :)

The_World_As_Will

Wow that was very informative! And those descriptions sounded a lot more like me than the straight 4, 5, or 9 did.

Can you direct me to where you discovered all of this sx so stuff? Thanks a bunny bunch :)

Here's a good source, wish I knew about it beforehand, lol I spent countless hours on the net finding these things.

This place is good, but they have a forum (which I suggest you avoid, I mean it's 'okay' but the posters there just get too wordy and just sort makes an actual good theory into over-hyped non-sense, like they get so far up their own asshole with it :/ Imagine Introverted Intuition to the extreme... and that annoys the hell out of me to no end :|

On a more positive note - I love your signature! :p Its awesome and so dramatic lol, I conjure up images of this fury end of the world scene :D but i'm really morbid :p

A

Anew Leaf

Yay!! Pudding for you my INTP counterpart!

Also my signature is a link to my theory on how to love forever. Clever yes.

The_World_As_Will

Yay!! Pudding for you my INTP counterpart!

Also my signature is a link to my theory on how to love forever. Clever yes.

Your welcome! and what do you think you are in terms of stacking??

and...

:D pudding winz!!! When I think of pudding, I cannot help but think of my most favourite dish in the world *mmmmm*

banana-pudding-ck-222208-l.jpg

and lol yes very clever lol :p if only the titanic soundtrack to play play with it when people come to your blog muhahaha! >:) teh emotionz

A

Anew Leaf

I can see either 9-4-5 or 4-9-5.

What a relief to heard about the tritypes. I have always disliked the enneagram because I never felt I was only one... And the wings have never made sense for myself.

Looking to see what my so sx SP thing could be....

A

Anew Leaf

The descriptions for sexual with a close second of self preservation make sense for myself.

Yay! My brain is excited for more personality stuff to toss in with the mbti.

The_World_As_Will

The descriptions for sexual with a close second of self preservation make sense for myself.

Yay! My brain is excited for more personality stuff to toss in with the mbti.

Hmm So the below is taken from all the links I gave you above, and blended together to match your dominant type ( I take it sx/sp 9w1), sx/sp 4 (maybe 4w3, yeah you have that 4w3 vibe, lol my girlfriend and my best friend are both 4w3 INFPs) and sx/sp 5w x?? idk that one would be for you to decide, but :p yes endless analyzing ftw!!

General description of SX/SP stacking (for all types though it will manifest differently for all types naturally)

sx/sp

This is perhaps the most internally conflicted of the stackings, and potentially the most inconsistent in behavior. This may occur as a blockage of the sexual instinct which can be redirected as a more generally brooding and troubled personality. They may isolate themselves for long periods of time before reemerging. They live according to a strictly personal outlook and are not particularly concerned with the approval of others outside of their immediate concern. They seem to be searching for something, the missing piece. If they find a soulmate they will unite without fanfare, forming a secret bond, dealing with formalities as an afterthought. Powerful sexual impulses facing inner resistance may manifest symbolically in the psyche, giving way to soulful interpretations of the unconscious. Under periods of stress severe sexual tensions may manifest as erratic, impulsively destructive behavior. Can seem restless, torn between the comforts of a stable home life and the urge to wander. May be prone to self-medicating.
Motivation: to know the heart, reconcile inner conflict, form a secure union.
Familiar roles: the devotee, the seeker, the wanderer

Examples of sx/sp: Prince, Carl Jung, Johnny Depp, Ozzy Osbourne, Johnny Cash, Joan Crawford, Princess Di, Marilyn Monroe, Janis Joplin, Frollo from "Hunchback of Notre Dame"

so Dom type - sx/sp 9w1

sx/sp 9w1

This typewingstack embodies the passion of sloth very well. They desire personal development and enlightenment. However, their sloth is always one step ahead of them. They know what they gotta do, but can't summon the motivation to do it. They get more in touch with their own willpower later on in life. They do very well in fields that involve listening and connection so long as they can get their judgmental 1 wing under control. They have less drive for comfort and more drive for intense experiences. These 9s can sit around and have long conversations with people they hardly know in the strangest places and lose themselves in ripples only the 9 is aware of. Their fractured identities can also manifest in their living environment....i.e. some parts could be on the warm and bright side while other parts are plain and unattended to. More than other 9w1s, this 9w1 can virtually run on a fast and scattered autopilot for long periods of time with virtually no productive activity. Depression and self-destruction is not uncommon. They are most attuned to the sense that underneath all the things they know they have to do and attain, there is an essential nothingness at the core of existence, even of their own 'identity', and this only further locks them into their narcolepsy. Afterall, becoming awake would bring them to terms with this nothingness and that's not something they want to confront. They don't usually have a social network to fall back on. They idealize connections to such an extent that finding a friend is like searching for a needle in a haystack.... They can wind up feeling completely numb, lost, lonely, and longing for a blissful sense of completion that can only come from a relationship. Perhaps this is why no 9w1 is more pushy and assertive when it comes to merging. When they do, it's as if they are totally blind to any boundary between themselves and the other. As they get older, they can grow more guarded and less excited/open to the flow of experience.

than the energy follows to sx/sp 4(w3 I assume but you can disagree, lol you would know better, tis you after all)

Sexual/Self-pres

This is a very volatile type. They are driven to form connections but have very high demands of their partners. When their powerful fantasies don’t match reality, they become very restless. They take the fire and passion of the sexual instinct and turn it inward. This can cause both brooding and fiery outbursts. Dramatic mood swings are very likely with this type. This subtype of Four could be considered the most classic Four, because of the way they seem to embody the archetype of the tortured artist, although not all Fours of this subtype are artists. Stereotype aside, this subtype does tend to bring their emotions into focus more readily then the other subtypes of Four. What is under the surface with the self-pres/sexual is now bubbling to the surface. This subtype can resemble type Seven because of their drama, passion for experience and tendency to suffer from frustration when life seems dull. Like type Seven, they can seem to throw themselves into experience.

When healthy, this subtype learns to balance the need for passion with the less obvious need for groundedness which can come from solid and focused relationships with others and with their creative outlets.

and lastly sx/sp 5

Sexual/Self-pres

This subtype has a lot in common the self-pres/sexual instinctual stacking. They experience many of the same internal conflicts surrounding relationships, the need for independence and emotional expression. The sexual/self-pres subtype differs however in being more intense, more counterphobic. They entertain more dark nihilistic ideas, ideas that most others don’t want to consider.

With this subtype, a lot of energy revolves around the issue of boundaries. Sexual/self-pres Fives tend to forge strong connections quickly and deeply, but if they feel betrayed, begin to feel overwhelmed, or if they feel that the connection doesn’t serve their true needs, can seem to cut the connection precipitously and “go cold.” They have high standards for significant others. They must feel that they can share their emotions with a significant other without being judged. This is their private world that they share. Relationships can be difficult, because individuals of this subtype will still want their own space and alone time, while at other times will want intense connection. Because the social instinct is least developed, this subtype is not very concerned with how others perceive them (except their intimates). This subtype is deceptive in that they may not seem to be especially intense - until they are engaged in a conversation they find interesting. Then the intensity and emotion become apparent. The internal struggle for this subtype is similar to that of the self-pres/sexual, but more energized and volatile, and getting to know this subtype means getting to know that.

When unhealthy, the energy of the sexual instinct can combine with the dominant type Five fixation to create a very impulsive Eight-like anger. The strength of their convictions can then come out quite forcefully.

and another description of sx/sp 5(wing 4)

5w4 sx/sp "In their Own World" contributed by jase There's something oddly captivating about this Five, apt to wander through various conceptual worlds, as conceived in the minds of others, or of their own creation. They can appear perpetually sullen and immersed in emotional thought, giving the impression there's much more going on beneath the surface. This type of Five can easily be mistaken for a Four, though their range of expression is constricted. Curious about others though usually from afar, it's as if they're reserving themselves for the one element or person that would truly understand them. Despite intensity of desire, the sx instinct has difficulty asserting against the fearful inhibitions of the Five, along with the restrictive self pres close to the surface. They usually wait to be approached, but others should find them intriguing enough to initiate contact.

^ - taken from here, they have general descriptions of the variant stackings too! :D personality systems ftw

A

Anew Leaf

I'm gonna go with you for the win!!

All of this makes so much more sense now. For the past week I've been utterly confused as to all of this so sx SP stuff going on.

Also can you point me in the direction of where i figure out my fi ne ti what haves you?

Pudding and unicorns for all!

The_World_As_Will

I'm gonna go with you for the win!!

All of this makes so much more sense now. For the past week I've been utterly confused as to all of this so sx SP stuff going on.

Also can you point me in the direction of where i figure out my fi ne ti what haves you?

Pudding and unicorns for all!

:D yah! self-knowledge is awesome!!! though I've been shying away from the enneagram as of late, as sx/so 5w4's aren't talked about much if at all, no real in depth information I can pry into :wah: :sob: :cry:

Here's a good one

and one I found yesterday which is eh, okay at best

:D Pudding unicorn party!!

[youtube="Pt2dlPiWGeo"]...[/youtube]

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp