User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Trying to figure this out for myself. I know for sure I am not the usual combination. Leaning towards 9w8 vs 9w1 now (of the nines) because there definitely is more of an edge to me than I witness in those of the 9w1, although I relate to many aspects of the one- although what I relate to could also be considered 4 traits.

There are things about four that are totally me, like the desire to understand myself and fully process my feelings. I am highly self absorbed. I often find myself yearning for something else vs being happy with what ive got. Conversely, I'm a pretty optimistic person who enjoys the simple pleasures of life, being one w nature, etc.

Dunno. I've got to go to class...
    Are you calm? Or are you moody?

9's enjoy being calm and centered. 4's are emotional and enjoy being so.

4/5 makes a melodramatic person more less histrionic and more observant so it helps with creativity. 9/8 is a calm person who becomes assertive when their calm is attacked or challenged.

I got both 4/5 and 9/8 in my tritype so I read the descriptions :P
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Are you calm? Or are you moody?

9's enjoy being calm and centered. 4's are emotional and enjoy being so.

4/5 makes a melodramatic person more less histrionic and more observant so it helps with creativity. 9/8 is a calm person who becomes assertive when their calm is attacked or challenged.
    I enjoy the idea of being calm but I'm definitely moody. Sometimes I'm calm, and I think I can sometimes seem calm, but it's rarer than I like to think. I become assertive when... I don't know, when I perceive injustice, when I feel I or others are being tread upon. Unsure.

I love emotions, especially feeling deep emotions through the arts or connecting intimately with others. When things get dull I start to get depressed. But I don't like too much drama, either, cause then it completely absorbs me.

9 definitely seems to be my gut. 4 is no question my heart.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I enjoy the idea of being calm but I'm definitely moody. Sometimes I'm calm, and I think I can sometimes seem calm, but it's rarer than I like to think. I become assertive when... I don't know, when I perceive injustice, when I feel I or others are being tread upon. Unsure.

I love emotions, especially feeling deep emotions through the arts or connecting intimately with others. When things get dull I start to get depressed. But I don't like too much drama, either, cause then it completely absorbs me.

9 definitely seems to be my gut. 4 is no question my heart.
    Nines are calm, they don't just want to be calm. Nines are often tall and have rather deep voices. They are not always the giants of the Enneagram, but they often are. Fours have a more timid, fragile appearance. And the description of yourself above is hands down INFP.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Nines are calm, they don't just want to be calm. Nines are often tall and have rather deep voices. They are not always the giants of the Enneagram, but they often are. Fours have a more timid, fragile appearance. And the description of yourself above is hands down INFP.
    Works for me. So now... 4w3 or 4w5 and potentially this instinctual variant and tritype madness...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Works for me. So now... 4w3 or 4w5 and potentially this instinctual variant and tritype madness...
    Or... you can do what I do and 'pretend' it doesn't exist and that only your core type has any actual significance, lol. Madness indeed...
    5 3 9

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Or... you can do what I do and 'pretend' it doesn't exist and that only your core type has any actual significance, lol. Madness indeed...
    Well, I did take the eclectic energies test and it said I had balanced wings, (and those wings were pretty low on my list of possible types), so I think I'm with you on this. Although 7 and 9 came- after a gap-in second and third, so the tritype thing might be fairly right on. Although I also think it's a bit superfluous, same with instinctual variant.