• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type 1 or Idealistic Type 8

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I now think Mithos Yggdrassil is a 1w9
but a few more to add to the list

idealistic 8s
sheena (tales of symphonia) ESTJ
Esmerelda (Hunchback of Notre Dame) NF or ISFP

8-ish 1w9s
Lelouch (Code Geass)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
healthy type 8s according to enneagraminstitute.com
Level 1 (At Their Best): Become self-restrained and magnanimous, merciful and forbearing, mastering self through their self-surrender to a higher authority. Courageous, willing to put self in serious jeopardy to achieve their vision and have a lasting influence. May achieve true heroism and historical greatness.

Level 2: Self-assertive, self-confident, and strong: have learned to stand up for what they need and want. A resourceful, "can do" attitude and passionate inner drive.

Level 3: Decisive, authoritative, and commanding: the natural leader others look up to. Take initiative, make things happen: champion people, provider, protective, and honorable, carrying others with their strength.

healthy type 1s according to enneagraminstitute.com
Level 1(At Their Best): Become extraordinarily wise and discerning. By accepting what is, they become transcendentally realistic, knowing the best action to take in each moment. Humane, inspiring, and hopeful: the truth will be heard.

Level 2: Conscientious with strong personal convictions: they have an intense sense of right and wrong, personal religious and moral values. Wish to be rational, reasonable, self-disciplined, mature, moderate in all things.

Level 3: Extremely principled, always want to be fair, objective, and ethical: truth and justice primary values. Sense of responsibility, personal integrity, and of having a higher purpose often make them teachers and witnesses to the truth.

I still have trouble telling the 2 apart, there is so much overlap

Neutralpov

I think you can pinpoint some key words in the 1 to show you some difference.

Level 1(At Their Best): Become extraordinarily wise and discerning. By accepting what is, they become transcendentally realistic, knowing the best action to take in each moment. Humane, inspiring, and hopeful: the truth will be heard.

Level 2: Conscientious with strong personal convictions: they have an intense sense of right and wrong, personal religious and moral values.

I am an ENFJ 1 and there are big difference between me and an ENTJ 8 friend.

• I think 8's fear being taken advantage of vs. I don't see that a such a fundamental violation more a part of life everyone will learn to prevent
  • 8's seems truly more mental vs. I am more gut in my experience
  • most 1's I know or in the historical figures are "cause leaders" not necessarily for profit leaders in companies
  • I think the wisdom key is big. Most 8's I know irl don't seek to be wise, moreso it is a byproduct of their ambition
  • 1's I think have a stronger pervasiveness to values and principles in their entire life (it is not compartmentalizeable like 8's)
  • b/c of the above conscientiousness means that are not ethical, i.e. means to an end which *might* be acceptable to an 8 are not to 1s without gut sickness
  • I am an NF so this may not apply generally to 1's but the reform is in love and for the good of humanity
  • internal critic in the 1 and it is harsh and demi-constant
  • if you ever hear the word "righteous anger" you have found a 1

I think what sets me apart in the NF world as a 1 is that I am very high % EJ. I noticed the ENTJ 8 is also. So it leads me to believe that is the component that is confused sometimes when people at work speed-typed me as ENTJ. It is an outward efficient organization, the EJ in strongly expressed people. But in time people say I am an obvious NF because you will see that I organize in love in the interpersonal, diplomatic (helping) way. As opposed to an 8 who might organize impersonally of ethics, values, or spirituality, relationships as a goal. I also look 8 or ENTJ when I organize in service of a value, goal, or personal relationship. Make no mistake the goal is the relationship, humanitarian cause, or value/spiritual meaning. That is the reason and it shows when you get past surface in 1's I believe.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I actually think 8 is the most purely gut-driven type of all (save perhaps cp6, which is a head type but still very impulsive) -- it's driven by anger, by a desire to break free of any shackles real or imagined, a refusal to be dominated. If anything I'd peg 1s as more cerebral than 8s, though in fairness 5 disintegration is accountable there...

I agree on the rest of those though. :yes: