Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

healthy type 8s according to enneagraminstitute.com
    Level 1 (At Their Best): Become self-restrained and magnanimous, merciful and forbearing, mastering self through their self-surrender to a higher authority. Courageous, willing to put self in serious jeopardy to achieve their vision and have a lasting influence. May achieve true heroism and historical greatness.

Level 2: Self-assertive, self-confident, and strong: have learned to stand up for what they need and want. A resourceful, "can do" attitude and passionate inner drive.

Level 3: Decisive, authoritative, and commanding: the natural leader others look up to. Take initiative, make things happen: champion people, provider, protective, and honorable, carrying others with their strength.
    healthy type 1s according to enneagraminstitute.com
    Level 1(At Their Best): Become extraordinarily wise and discerning. By accepting what is, they become transcendentally realistic, knowing the best action to take in each moment. Humane, inspiring, and hopeful: the truth will be heard.

Level 2: Conscientious with strong personal convictions: they have an intense sense of right and wrong, personal religious and moral values. Wish to be rational, reasonable, self-disciplined, mature, moderate in all things.

Level 3: Extremely principled, always want to be fair, objective, and ethical: truth and justice primary values. Sense of responsibility, personal integrity, and of having a higher purpose often make them teachers and witnesses to the truth.
    I still have trouble telling the 2 apart, there is so much overlap

MBTI
    EnfJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I think you can pinpoint some key words in the 1 to show you some difference.

Level 1(At Their Best): Become extraordinarily wise and discerning. By accepting what is, they become transcendentally realistic, knowing the best action to take in each moment. Humane, inspiring, and hopeful: the truth will be heard.

Level 2: Conscientious with strong personal convictions: they have an intense sense of right and wrong, personal religious and moral values.

I am an ENFJ 1 and there are big difference between me and an ENTJ 8 friend.

• I think 8's fear being taken advantage of vs. I don't see that a such a fundamental violation more a part of life everyone will learn to prevent
    • 8's seems truly more mental vs. I am more gut in my experience
    • most 1's I know or in the historical figures are "cause leaders" not necessarily for profit leaders in companies
    • I think the wisdom key is big. Most 8's I know irl don't seek to be wise, moreso it is a byproduct of their ambition
    • 1's I think have a stronger pervasiveness to values and principles in their entire life (it is not compartmentalizeable like 8's)
    • b/c of the above conscientiousness means that are not ethical, i.e. means to an end which *might* be acceptable to an 8 are not to 1s without gut sickness
    • I am an NF so this may not apply generally to 1's but the reform is in love and for the good of humanity
    • internal critic in the 1 and it is harsh and demi-constant
    • if you ever hear the word "righteous anger" you have found a 1

I think what sets me apart in the NF world as a 1 is that I am very high % EJ. I noticed the ENTJ 8 is also. So it leads me to believe that is the component that is confused sometimes when people at work speed-typed me as ENTJ. It is an outward efficient organization, the EJ in strongly expressed people. But in time people say I am an obvious NF because you will see that I organize in love in the interpersonal, diplomatic (helping) way. As opposed to an 8 who might organize impersonally of ethics, values, or spirituality, relationships as a goal. I also look 8 or ENTJ when I organize in service of a value, goal, or personal relationship. Make no mistake the goal is the relationship, humanitarian cause, or value/spiritual meaning. That is the reason and it shows when you get past surface in 1's I believe.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I actually think 8 is the most purely gut-driven type of all (save perhaps cp6, which is a head type but still very impulsive) -- it's driven by anger, by a desire to break free of any shackles real or imagined, a refusal to be dominated. If anything I'd peg 1s as more cerebral than 8s, though in fairness 5 disintegration is accountable there...

I agree on the rest of those though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole