User Tag List

First 234

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I disagree on that more than anything related to Jules. He's a poster boy for a kind of nonchalant 9w8 ISTP. I'm finding it hard to see how instinctuals throw a 7w8 ESTP into someone like that. I mean, I guess it could be some issue with "one to one" situations, but he's just not all into socializing anyways. He even throws out a kind of dom judging behavior against Wolf. It's like Ti vs Wolf's Te. Jules plays along. Vincent doesn't play along well.
    Vincent is a looser, down the movie hierarchy, and then hav'nt really the control of his actions. That explains what you say more than anithing, he hav'nt the "iceberg in the storm" quality of ISTPs in stressing situations.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Vincent is a looser, down the movie hierarchy, and then hav'nt really the control of his actions. That explains what you say more than anithing, he hav'nt the "iceberg in the storm" quality of ISTPs in stressing situations.
    Hmm, fair enough. I know there's a sort of nervous quality about him at times.. but he didn't seem very extroverted to me.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Not very much, yes.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

your description of healthy 4s is correct, but Jules is not a healthy 4 until the very end of the movie.
    contrast Jules (ENFJ 8w9) with Tobia Funke from Arrested Development (ENFJ 4w3) and you'll see the stark contrast between these very different personalities

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

also, 4s main emotion struggles are envy and shame. 8s main emotional struggle is anger. it's clear from this that jules is clearly the latter.

Clerks-

Randall: 7w8?
    Dante: 6w7?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Killjoy View Post
    Of course Hannibal is a five, he just integrated to 8 and has a very powerful 7 influence as well.

5w4 makes sense. If you look at him, he is strangely emotionaly inclined - He sketches, admires all forms of art, he even crushes hard on Starling (in his own way). I'm guessing the emotional influence makes him especially adept at manipulating others.
    Totally agree

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Agreed on:
    Hermione
    James Bond
    Count Dooku (looking closer, he is indeed a fallen idealistic 1)

Maybe:
    Pierce Brosnan James Bond: I still see more 7, but 7s and 3s can look extremely similar externally
    Princess Leia: it's possible, but I have trouble seeing anyone but an ENTJ 8 being that commanding and strong willed at age 17, especially a woman (she had the competence, confidence and will to command battle hardened men whom were 2-3 times older than her). she also appears to have a growth 2 like Han.
    Obi-Wan: you're probably right on this one. I got a pretty strong "you worry too much" vibe from Qui Gon in the first one and his growth seems very 9-ish (but in the 3rd movie it seems more 7-ish)
    Daniel Ocean: his main motivation in the first movie was to impress his wife and get back at the guy who she ended up with. for that reason, 3 is my best guess.

Disagreed on:
    Joan of Arc: total archtypical 1
    Achilles: looking back on it, my first guess I don't think was correct either. I think he's a sexual 8w9 (you don't kill the lover of a gay/bisexual 8 and live to tell about it lol)
    Tyler Durdin: I think he is precisely the counter phobic manefestation you mentioned as a possibility
    Han Solo: I'm sticking with 8. too commanding and domineering for a 7 and a strong growth to 2 by the end of the trilogy. he's also played by Han Solo who is 8 as hell is pretty much all of his movies.
    I agree with you on everything you've said. Joan or Arc wasn't a 6. Not everyone who had some insecurities is a Six. And Ones can be fanatics too.