• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Titles

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I found this list of Enneagram titles.

I think it's cool. I like it because it lists the title of the wings, which I think I only ever knew the 5w4 as the Iconoclast. It never occurred to me that the other wings might have titles as well.
SO I am sharing.

Type 1 -The Reformer, w9 The Idealist, w2 The Advocate

Type 2 -The Helper w1 The Servant, w3 The Host

Type 3 -The Achiever w2 The Charmer, w4 The Professional

Type 4 -The Individualist w3 The Aristocrat, w5 The Bohemian

Type 5 -The Investigator w4 The Iconoclast, w6 The Problem Solver

Type 6 -The Loyalist w5 The Defender, w7 The Buddy

Type 7 -The Enthusiast w6 The Entertainer, w8 The Realist

Type 8 -The Challenger w7 The Maverick, w9 The Bear

Type 9 -The Peacemaker w8 The Referee, w1 The Dreamer

If you get a kick out of this sort of stuff.. Enjoy :)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thanks for sharing these.

Going by the one word descriptors I identify with 5w6 problem solver and 1w9 idealist the most.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
if were to assign new titles:

Type 1: The Rational Idealist, 1w9 The Revolutionary, 1w2 The
Type 2: The Supporter, 2w1 The Humanitarian, 2w3 The Hospitality
Type 3: The Icon, 3w2 the Politician, 3w4 The Socialite
Type 4: The Artist, 4w3 The Diva, 4w5 The Poet
Type 5: The Intellectual, 5w4 the Philosopher, 5w6 the Analyst
Type 6: The Ally: 6w5 The Skeptic, 6w7 The Sidekick
Type 7: The Seeker, 7w6 The Comedian, 7w8 The Bad Boy
Type 8: The Entrepreneur, 8w7 The Game Changer, 8w9 The Duke
Type 9: The Sage, 9w8 The Zen Warrior, 9w1 The Storyteller

B

brainheart

I find type titles misleading. It's more like a personality description vs an indication of motivation, which is what the enneagram is all about. That said, some are better than others. For example, it's always bad news to classify type 4 as the artist, because then anyone who is artistically inclined figures they must be a four. (Or comedians 7w6, etc.)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find type titles misleading. It's more like a personality description vs an indication of motivation, which is what the enneagram is all about. That said, some are better than others. For example, it's always bad news to classify type 4 as the artist, because then anyone who is artistically inclined figures they must be a four. (Or comedians 7w6, etc.)

you bring up a very good point. having mistyped as a 4 previously for this very reason I should have known better. lol

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a Diva Aristocrat! Great! This means I can boss the peasants around the fief while wearing a tiara.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The problem with titles is that they make you think of something, and there's really no word already in the English language that means what a type 1 or a type 9 is. The fact that they are straight numbers, or that the MB types are a bunch of letters that don't spell words, is actually a good thing. It creates as little association with an unrelated concept as possible. Perhaps the only thing that would work better is to completely make up new words and symbols for the types.

B

brainheart

The problem with titles is that they make you think of something, and there's really no word already in the English language that means what a type 1 or a type 9 is. The fact that they are straight numbers, or that the MB types are a bunch of letters that don't spell words, is actually a good thing. It creates as little association with an unrelated concept as possible. Perhaps the only thing that would work better is to completely make up new words and symbols for the types.

Exactly. That's one of the reasons the enneagram is less divisive than MBTI: No misinterpreting what it means to be a 'sensor' or an 'intuitive', thinker vs feeler, etc. Numbers don't trigger an emotional/ associative response.

Erskine L. Cole

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Each name covers a good range of the type's range but leaves some of it out. A 4w3 SX/SP may not seem aristocratic at all.