Thread guy seems like a seven.

thinking of you

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    You sound like a goddamn six.

Shape up or ship out, compadre.

Agreed.

Want some elucidation on the four, Elfboy?

Here's my dream to-do list:

1. Write really beautiful profound songs
    2. Write really beautiful profound poetry
    3. Write really beautiful profound novels
    4. Write and direct really beautiful profound films
    5. Live in a treehouse in the middle of a forest.
    6. Live in a houseboat and tool around rivers.
    7. Be a virtuoso musician.
    8. Help people. Help animals. Help the planet.
    9. Stop getting so caught up in my feelings.
    10. Stop beating up on myself.
    11. Stop being so self-conscious.
    12. Be nicer.
    13. Hang with the Beats.
    14. Live in Paris in the fifties.
    15. Be the next Van Gogh.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

You sound like a goddamn six.

Shape up or ship out, compadre.

interesting, but I disagree, I share neither the basic fear (being without security or guidance) nor the basic desire (security and support) of the 6 (source enneagram institute.com) also, I believe given the basic motivations of a 6, being a 6 with practically 0 neuroticism would be extremely unlikely. I also score next to nothing on either 6 or 3 on any enneagram tests I have taken (which have been several, though I'm not sure of their accuracy). the only connection point to 6 I scored relatively high on was 9, and I feel like most of the questions associated with 9 also applied to 7 (although being 9 is not an impossibility, I doubt it given 6 and 3 are nothing like me)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    But wouldn't a high neuroticism provoke strong emotions?

And why aren't sevens neurotic? I am.
    neuroticism is the overall emotional response you have to external stimuli. so by definition, high neuroticism does provoke strong emotions. for instance, a highly neurotic person may freak out when one of their friends didn't respond to their facebook message. on the opposite end of the spectrum, a person with substantially low neuroticism will tend to be calm in the most dire circumstances. as a whole though, neuroticism levels are not something that are static like MBTI type. neurotic behavior on the Big 5 is correlated with S, F and J, as well as several enneagram types such as 2 and 6, but one's mind set a far more significant factor. for instance, even an ESFJ 6 will score low on neuroticism if he has a stoic mind set (stoic basically means that you focus on making the best out of what you have, minimalizing the negative effects and maximizing benefit. most people don't use the term anything close to the actual definition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    interesting, but I disagree, I share neither the basic fear (being without security or guidance) nor the basic desire (security and support) of the 6 (source enneagram institute.com) also, I believe given the basic motivations of a 6, being a 6 with practically 0 neuroticism would be extremely unlikely. I also score next to nothing on either 6 or 3 on any enneagram tests I have taken (which have been several, though I'm not sure of their accuracy). the only connection point to 6 I scored relatively high on was 9, and I feel like most of the questions associated with 9 also applied to 7 (although being 9 is not an impossibility, I doubt it given 6 and 3 are nothing like me)
    You're the aforementioned "thread guy".

thinking of you

MBTI
    ENTP

"Neurosis is a class of functional mental disorders involving distress but neither delusions nor hallucinations, whereby behavior is not outside socially acceptable norms.[1] It is also known as psychoneurosis or neurotic disorder, and thus those suffering from it are said to be neurotic. The term essentially describes an "invisible injury" and the resulting condition, and is no longer officially used by the scientific, medical, and psychiatric community."

But this word is pretty obsolete, for instance OCD was referred to as obsessive neurosis a long time ago.

Now it seems that the Big 5 uses it with a different meaning, I don't understand why.

I don't know how one person is supposed to fit in one of those ennegram types. And I also do not understand how Joe thinks I'm type 6 because I can't believe in the ennegram thing.
    Just because most 6s are skeptic, does not mean that most skeptics are 6s.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    "Neurosis is a class of functional mental disorders involving distress but neither delusions nor hallucinations, whereby behavior is not outside socially acceptable norms.[1] It is also known as psychoneurosis or neurotic disorder, and thus those suffering from it are said to be neurotic. The term essentially describes an "invisible injury" and the resulting condition, and is no longer officially used by the scientific, medical, and psychiatric community."

But this word is pretty obsolete, for instance OCD was referred to as obsessive neurosis a long time ago.

Now it seems that the Big 5 uses it with a different meaning, I don't understand why.

I don't know how one person is supposed to fit in one of those ennegram types. And I also do not understand how Joe thinks I'm type 6 because I can't believe in the ennegram thing.
    Just because most 6s are skeptic, does not mean that most skeptics are 6s.
    I totally agree. it's not ment to be like MBTI though where people have one type. that's why (let's use 7 as an example) you have wings (8 or 6), stress points (1), growth points (5), as well as tritype: a body center type (891) heart center type (234) and head center type (567). I think my tritype is 748, but I'm not sure of it at this point. the cool thing about the enneagram is that one can develope all 9 centers

brainheart

You're the aforementioned "thread guy".