User Tag List

View Poll Results: OH GOOD A POLL

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2w3

    0 0%
  • 3 (w2 or w4)

    3 50.00%
  • 4 (w3 or w5)

    0 0%
  • 6w7

    1 16.67%
  • 7w6

    2 33.33%
First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 63

  1. #41
    Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    i think 7w6 so/sx makes the most sense for you, based on what i've seen. one of my favorite 7w6 enfp so/sxs and me always joked about our much-needed loaf time. she had a sense of duty to others, a desire to make everyone feel like they belonged, and a huge obligation to please others (her parents especially?). both 4 and 7 have that connection to e1. when she was stressed she'd get really really self-critical and start to feel like nothing would be good enough. she'd start to hate herself for her flakiness and whathaveyou and the procrastication from having to do things she hated doing and dreaded terribly. during the time i knew her, she had a few panic attacks. especially when she started criticizing herself so much, and hiding it because she couldn't show that to the group, and i think she had trouble asking for what she really needed. i think sometimes figuring that out was too scary and anxiety-inducing, because it required her to be willing to take the emotional hit and accept the likelihood of being stuck rather than staying on the move and just trying to get away. i could see really easily when she was not on her game, and i think that was one of the things that made us get along so well. i think she could tell i wanted to know that side of her too, and that she didn't have to be all smiles with me all the time.

    i also knew two female enfp 7w6 so/sx professors. i don't know how to describe it, but they both had this flow, this kind of composure, presence, openness, ability to make everyone feel like they belonged, and this faith in the goodness of people that would actually bring out the goodness of people. just kind of keeping everyone else going. this is a big part of the enthusiasm, although the basic developmental process is when this turns into a more kind of serene presence, more focused, disciplined, and dutiful.

    fwiw, i've never met an enfp who i thought was anything other than a 7. i've probably met 12-14 in real life.

  2. #42
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Yes, she could be 7w6 also, but what she says sounds more 6w7 to me. Both types are very common among ENFPs.

    Here are some examples of the twod different types, if you want to compare.

    6w7 So/Sx
    Adam Ant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx6T6...eature=related
    Tom Hanks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_vKqVSgZOI
    James Spader: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0ZXA4DWzaI
    Brittany Murphy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFiXNDNg_LU
    Rose Byrne: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiropSm1lZM
    Lily Allen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwyLQGQw2Tk
    Amanda Bynes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcriFNNDx1c
    Evan Rachel Wood: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SilJDUrFAOo
    Hilary Duff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNEVC1xiDRs

    7w6 So/Sx
    Jim Carey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqCEKTgXPlI
    Brad Pitt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZemqIwZ6oug
    Will Smith: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hEoc7Cr-is
    Cameron Diaz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpGFKEzTtQw
    Kirsten Dunst: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyJCQfw-2Cg

    fwiw, i've never met an enfp who i thought was anything other than a 7. i've probably met 12-14 in real life.
    Humm, personaly I've met ENFPs who were 1w2, 2w3, 3w2, 3w4, 4w3, 4w5, 5w4, 6w5, 6w7, 7w6, 7w8, 8w7 and 9w8. Clearly it seems to be one of the most eclectic and variegated of all mBTI type, each one is diferent.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  3. #43
    Senior Member Chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    I will donate my kidney if skylights ends up anything but a 3. I am serious

    *waits for results*

  4. #44
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Based on all of it, I'm going for three. According to Are you my type, am I yours?, Threes "try to be seen in a good light, according to socially agreed-upon norms." I always see this thing about threes bragging about their accomplishments, but I think that's generally frowned upon socially. Seems to me threes wouldn't brag, let their accomplishments speak for themselves- think Oprah. I have a 3w4 friend who NEVER brags. I'm pretty sure she sees it as being in bad taste, uncouth. And as far as "success" goes, she's a social worker. But she has very (I think unreasonable) expectations for herself. What makes her different than a four is she always has this composed image, she doesn't share freely. When uncomfortable, she reverts to the polish or becomes numb like an unhealthy nine.

    As far as the wings go, which is more important to you: interest in people, play the role of nurturer, and try to present a loving image; or, have a strong need to express yourself and be seen as original?

    My 2w3 husband needs to look like the nicest guy around, but then he comes home and complains about his friends, his co-workers, etc. He has to get it out, but he can't make anyone think anything negative about him. He NEEDS to share his feelings with me, but he often hides them from others, unless they are positive. He's a supervisor at his job and there are a number of people who work under him that are doing a terrible job, but he doesn't want to be the bad guy, so all that happens is he complains to me. I think a 3w2 is a little more willing to ruffle a few feathers for the sake of efficiency. They might not love it, but they'll do it.

  5. #45
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Petra Pan View Post
    This will be my last attempt to explain


    You have to be careful about 3. Threes are the types that question their type the most; because profiles describe people who cant have anything lower than PhD before 23, and who are incredibly narcissistic, and because 3-ish attitude is so well accepted that you think "oh, the fact that i am image conscious doesnt prove anything, everybody is". Yes, everybody is because of culture, not ever Hollywood celeb is a Three, but many many are, that is what they ask for you.
    Also a thing to be careful is that if you are a 3, YOU will relate to ALL OTHER TYPES IF you wish to relate. If you think it'd LOOK cool to be a 7, you will take over some 7's characteristics, if you think 5s are so wise you will take over 5, it happens so unconsciously that most 3s spend their whole lives living in roles and not avare of it. It's typical 3.
    What I am saying here is what King-of-Despair realized in his own example while he was posting here, you can browse his posts, he was between 7,5,9,7,5,3,7 switching back and forth and I told him immediately he is a 3, because he vibes this way, months later he said he thought he is a 7 because he values some of seven's attitude so tried to take over that, but realized he is only 3, not a mix.
    And if someone even remotely relates to taking over something as their own identity - he is very likely a Three.

    All people are to a degree image conscious and take over roles because that's requiered in world, you have you business self, your private self, but 3s do it much more and much better, and they cant not do it (unless they are no longer fixated).
    that makes a lot of sense. i think the thing that gets me though, is not so much that i want to look like a 7 - i think i would actually rather be a 3, professional and polished - but that being a 7 seems fun. though it's true, 7s are busy and upbeat and capable and i suppose i do want to be all those things. but i feel like i am already those things by nature. does it count if you want to look like something you already are?

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    The more I read you, the more I think 6w7 for you Skylight. I thought about the 7w6 option but what you say here relate very much to Type 6, plus the wing 7 who make you more extrovert, upbeat, energetic and pleasure oteiented. That can explain a lot of your confusions.

    Type 6 is connected to 3 under stress because thay fear to appear weak or to fail and be atacked by authorities and their social environement. In security, they are also connected to 3 because tehy want to be achiever and admired for this, they are optimistic and want to accomplish great thing, this is especially true for 6s with the 7 wing. At the same time, 6s are often very creatives and intuitives, and can also be easily be moody and dispressed because they are focused on the negative side of the situations and frequently live intense emotions.Especially, 6w7s are also versatile, genteel and diva, and are mistyped frequently as 4w3. 3w4, 4w3, 6w7 and 7w6 are the four divas of the enneagram, and probably the four most currents types among ENFPs. 6w7s are 3ish, 4ish, 7ish, and I think this is your type.

    Maybe I'm wrong, but do you relate to that description?
    pretty well, actually. i relate a lot to 6 in that i care a lot about what others think, i care a lot about inclusion, and i definitely relate to a lack of self-confidence. i have a very hard time making decisions and knowing what i want... i like to see what others think, but then i get confused because i can't tell if my opinions are mine or someone else's. i don't want to make a choice that the people close to me won't like, but i want the choice to be mine and i want it to represent me, which is a really hard conflict. i suppose this is why with MBTI even though i am strong Fi, i tend to relate easily to Fe IRL, because i feel like i have a layer of self-consciousness and desire for acceptance that prevents me from so readily emitting Fi without consideration for others.

    i sound like both the sx and the so, and i'm not sure which one is stronger. possibly sexual.

    what does confuse me though, is that i would tend to say i'm the opposite of the stress/growth points... i feel like i grow towards 3 and stress towards 9. when i'm at my worst - both in terms of feeling inside and operating externally - i'm very avoidant, but when i'm at my best, both in terms of how i feel inside and how i operate externally, i'm very productive and involved. i'm probably at my happiest in the throes of a project.

    the other thing is, i read this:
    Sixes are reliable, hard-working, responsible, and trustworthy.
    ehh. when i'm at my very, very best, i am these things. but that really takes a whole lot of effort on my part. i feel like these adjectives are things i strive for, but are all reaching a bit far beyond my natural strengths.[/QUOTE]

    Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i think 7w6 so/sx makes the most sense for you, based on what i've seen. one of my favorite 7w6 enfp so/sxs and me always joked about our much-needed loaf time. she had a sense of duty to others, a desire to make everyone feel like they belonged, and a huge obligation to please others (her parents especially?). both 4 and 7 have that connection to e1. when she was stressed she'd get really really self-critical and start to feel like nothing would be good enough. she'd start to hate herself for her flakiness and whathaveyou and the procrastication from having to do things she hated doing and dreaded terribly. during the time i knew her, she had a few panic attacks. especially when she started criticizing herself so much, and hiding it because she couldn't show that to the group, and i think she had trouble asking for what she really needed. i think sometimes figuring that out was too scary and anxiety-inducing, because it required her to be willing to take the emotional hit and accept the likelihood of being stuck rather than staying on the move and just trying to get away. i could see really easily when she was not on her game, and i think that was one of the things that made us get along so well. i think she could tell i wanted to know that side of her too, and that she didn't have to be all smiles with me all the time.

    i also knew two female enfp 7w6 so/sx professors. i don't know how to describe it, but they both had this flow, this kind of composure, presence, openness, ability to make everyone feel like they belonged, and this faith in the goodness of people that would actually bring out the goodness of people. just kind of keeping everyone else going. this is a big part of the enthusiasm, although the basic developmental process is when this turns into a more kind of serene presence, more focused, disciplined, and dutiful.

    fwiw, i've never met an enfp who i thought was anything other than a 7. i've probably met 12-14 in real life.
    that's cool about the so/sx "flow".

    and yeah, that sounds a lot like me too. i do get kinda 1ish when i'm stressed out... i tend to retreat into myself and freak out mentally by hiding from the real world.

    i dunno, how do you separate 7w6 from 6w7? maybe 7w6 explains why i don't feel well-described by the 6's positive adjectives, but i do feel fairly accurately described by the 7's...
    Sevens are extroverted, optimistic, versatile, and spontaneous. Playful, high-spirited, and practical [...]
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Yes, she could be 7w6 also, but what she says sounds more 6w7 to me. Both types are very common among ENFPs.

    Here are some examples of the twod different types, if you want to compare.

    6w7 So/Sx
    Adam Ant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx6T6...eature=related
    Tom Hanks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_vKqVSgZOI
    James Spader: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0ZXA4DWzaI
    Brittany Murphy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFiXNDNg_LU
    Rose Byrne: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiropSm1lZM
    Lily Allen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwyLQGQw2Tk
    Amanda Bynes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcriFNNDx1c
    Evan Rachel Wood: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SilJDUrFAOo
    Hilary Duff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNEVC1xiDRs

    7w6 So/Sx
    Jim Carey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqCEKTgXPlI
    Brad Pitt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZemqIwZ6oug
    Will Smith: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hEoc7Cr-is
    Cameron Diaz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpGFKEzTtQw
    Kirsten Dunst: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyJCQfw-2Cg


    Humm, personaly I've met ENFPs who were 1w2, 2w3, 3w2, 3w4, 4w3, 4w5, 5w4, 6w5, 6w7, 7w6, 7w8, 8w7 and 9w8. Clearly it seems to be one of the most eclectic and variegated of all mBTI type, each one is diferent.
    awesome, thanks! will smith is totally an ENFP

    i relate a lot to rose byrne and evan rachel wood, but kirsten dunst too. on the whole the 6s seem not as energetic/engaged as i am when talking (though that could easily come from being interviewed a billion times already), but the 7s seem more high-strung than i am, especially in manner. sorry, that's not a very helpful anaylsis on my part :/ though i guess i could be 6w7 sx/so and that might account for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Petra Pan View Post
    I will donate my kidney if skylights ends up anything but a 3. I am serious

    *waits for results*
    oh no!! i don't want to be responsible for the safety of your kidneys!!

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Based on all of it, I'm going for three. According to Are you my type, am I yours?, Threes "try to be seen in a good light, according to socially agreed-upon norms." I always see this thing about threes bragging about their accomplishments, but I think that's generally frowned upon socially. Seems to me threes wouldn't brag, let their accomplishments speak for themselves- think Oprah. I have a 3w4 friend who NEVER brags. I'm pretty sure she sees it as being in bad taste, uncouth. And as far as "success" goes, she's a social worker. But she has very (I think unreasonable) expectations for herself. What makes her different than a four is she always has this composed image, she doesn't share freely. When uncomfortable, she reverts to the polish or becomes numb like an unhealthy nine.

    As far as the wings go, which is more important to you: interest in people, play the role of nurturer, and try to present a loving image; or, have a strong need to express yourself and be seen as original?

    My 2w3 husband needs to look like the nicest guy around, but then he comes home and complains about his friends, his co-workers, etc. He has to get it out, but he can't make anyone think anything negative about him. He NEEDS to share his feelings with me, but he often hides them from others, unless they are positive. He's a supervisor at his job and there are a number of people who work under him that are doing a terrible job, but he doesn't want to be the bad guy, so all that happens is he complains to me. I think a 3w2 is a little more willing to ruffle a few feathers for the sake of efficiency. They might not love it, but they'll do it.
    hm. i would definitely say i'm 3w4, if i'm a 3, but i don't do that reverting to polish thing... when i get nervous i get very self-conscious. it's not like going into a shell as much as being too open, really. i've had to work a lot on maintaining professionalism, because i tend to open up and be gushy (i mean i am an ENFP). when i'm really stressed out i can be kind of cold to others and very avoidant, which i associated with 9, but i dunno. i definitely do try to be seen in a good light, but i almost feel like it's more like the 6's desire for inclusion than the 3's need to be on top. though i do have this sort of embarrassing habit of checking up on the most successful students at my high school, to make sure they're not doing "better" than me (succeeding at things i would like to succeed at). i can't tell if it's a sort of 6 thing or a 3 thing though, because in some ways i'm looking for what direction i should take... for example, the most achieving girl in my high school is now a business consultant, and suddenly i really am not as envious of her anymore, because i would really hate that job. i mean it still annoys me a little, because i know she's continuing to overachieve and will probably be a CEO and philanthropist by 30 (she is DEFINITELY a 3w2), but her job kind of takes the edge off because it's not the direction i want to go in. but at the same time, that's kind of unfortunate, because that doesn't help me at all figure out what i want to do. she can't be a sort of guidepost for me anymore. i guess because i tend to idolize people like that, i have this tendency to feel like i'm always running after someone in my accomplishments. i don't know. the more i think about it the more i relate to 6, but i have a strong connection to both types. i've seen 3s called vain though, and i'm really not. i'm actually quite insecure, at least lately. whatever it is in the enneagram that i grow to, i become much more self-assured and self-centered when i grow. if i had to choose a neurosis i would probably be dependent or histrionic. that's why i'm so confused about integration/disintegration, because if i could make my own pattern, i'd say i'm a 6 who integrates to 3 and disintegrates to 9


    anyway thank you guys again

    i'm slighty impossibleeeee

  6. #46
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    maybe you're a nine...

  7. #47
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    From Are You My Type, Am I Yours?

    Sevens and Nines (Especially ENFPs)
    - focus on the positive and tend to be generous, friendly, cheerful and idealistic
    - avoid conflicts and situations that might lead to painful feelings
    - enjoy new experiences
    - can be stubborn; hate it when people make demands of them
    - are often talkative
    - are aware of so many options that they have problems making choices

    How sevens and nines differ:

    Sevens tend to be self-promoting.
    Nines tend to be modest and self-effacing.

    Sevens seek excitement.
    Nines seek contentment.

    Sevens usually get what they want, by direct or indirect means.
    Nines often don't know what they want and might be reluctant to ask if they knew.

    Sevens are likely to escape from difficult or boring situations.
    Nines may forget to notice that a situation is not going well for them.

    Sevens often initiate activities.
    Nines wait for others to take the initiative.

    Sevens may be brusque and impatient.
    Nines are usually mild-mannered and not in a hurry.

  8. #48
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Petra Pan View Post
    I will donate my kidney if skylights ends up anything but a 3. I am serious
    I put a great deal of stock into Petra’s instincts with regards to enneagram. And my gut tells me that here, especially with regards to skylights, she is right on the money (I just voted 3w2).

    Like the state i am in, I have never met an ENFP in real life that isn’t 7 in some regard and like I have said so many times before it is starting to annoy me – I know a hell of a lot of ENFPs. I also can ‘locate’ the ENFPness in the ENFPs 4s that I have encountered on this site (like Marm who probably borders close to being an introvert but like an on-off switch still presents as an extrovert).

    skylights is extraordinarily unique as far as ENFPs go. I actually sense that she is very genuine as well as ‘image conscious’ which I do not equate as being a negative thing at all. Likewise, the ‘stuff’ that skylights expresses concerns her in life are so far removed from the concerns of the 6w7, 7w6s, & 8w7 I know. I was actually fascinated that skylights mentioned she kept tabs on her old highschool buddies to see how well they were doing. The ENFP 7s I know can hardly keep tabs on themselves let alone other people LOL! The focus just seems very different to me…very 3w2.

    As a side note: I feel there are individuals on this site that may think I am considerate in my communication and thus resemble skylights in that way. Let me assure everyone that I am keeping my ENFPness 7ness in check. But the desire to say crazy-s@#$, derail threads, etc. is always present. LOL. I am very much on my best ENFP 7 behavior.

  9. #49
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart
    Sevens and Nines (Especially ENFPs)
    - focus on the positive and tend to be generous, friendly, cheerful and idealistic
    - avoid conflicts and situations that might lead to painful feelings
    - enjoy new experiences
    - can be stubborn; hate it when people make demands of them
    - are often talkative
    - are aware of so many options that they have problems making choices

    all of this is totally true for me

    How sevens and nines differ:

    Sevens tend to be self-promoting.
    Nines tend to be modest and self-effacing.

    Sevens seek excitement.
    Nines seek contentment.

    Sevens usually get what they want, by direct or indirect means.
    Nines often don't know what they want and might be reluctant to ask if they knew.

    confusing. once i know what i want, i almost always get it, but i don't always know. sometimes i adopt others' desires as my own, and then when i don't associate with them as much anymore, i am left confused.

    Sevens are likely to escape from difficult or boring situations.
    Nines may forget to notice that a situation is not going well for them.

    Sevens often initiate activities.
    Nines wait for others to take the initiative.

    i kind of do both

    Sevens may be brusque and impatient.
    Nines are usually mild-mannered and not in a hurry.
    O_o; ?

    thank you so much though brainheart, i really appreciate your effort with posting stuff for me

    this actually might be a good indicator that i ought to look at different types instead?

    Quote Originally Posted by StarryKnights View Post
    I put a great deal of stock into Petra’s instincts with regards to enneagram. And my gut tells me that here, especially with regards to skylights, she is right on the money (I just voted 3w2).

    Like the state i am in, I have never met an ENFP in real life that isn’t 7 in some regard and like I have said so many times before it is starting to annoy me – I know a hell of a lot of ENFPs. I also can ‘locate’ the ENFPness in the ENFPs 4s that I have encountered on this site (like Marm who probably borders close to being an introvert but like an on-off switch still presents as an extrovert).

    skylights is extraordinarily unique as far as ENFPs go. I actually sense that she is very genuine as well as ‘image conscious’ which I do not equate as being a negative thing at all. Likewise, the ‘stuff’ that skylights expresses concerns her in life are so far removed from the concerns of the 6w7, 7w6s, & 8w7 I know. I was actually fascinated that skylights mentioned she kept tabs on her old highschool buddies to see how well they were doing. The ENFP 7s I know can hardly keep tabs on themselves let alone other people LOL! The focus just seems very different to me…very 3w2.

    As a side note: I feel there are individuals on this site that may think I am considerate in my communication and thus resemble skylights in that way. Let me assure everyone that I am keeping my ENFPness 7ness in check. But the desire to say crazy-s@#$, derail threads, etc. is always present. LOL. I am very much on my best ENFP 7 behavior.
    @ underlined, yes, it's a weird disconnect. i want to be myself, but i want to be a well-received version of myself, in a lot of ways, i think because to some extent i assume the people that i admire will also respect me if i am doing things that are good - because my admiration of them is based off my own values. so to receive admiration from someone i care about is to reinforce my own values. i think that's why i've been thinking that if i'm a 3, i'm probably w4, because of that individualism, but you could be right about w2. the enneagram institute site names the 3w2 the "charmer" and the 3w4 the "professional", i think i would be more of a charmer anyway, lol. i may have been misinterpreting type 2 as giving a more socially conscious spin to things than it does - like a 3 businessman or something, or a socialite, but maybe not?

    anyway i think you make a very good point about the people i keep tabs on (it's kind of creepy admittedly ._.), that there is almost no rationale for that in the 7 or 6 mindset. i suppose i was chalking it up to 6 desire for social inclusion, but that's not really inclusion at all, i suppose. i definitelyyy keep tabs on people, even though i'm P-flighty. it runs somewhat against my MBTI typing.

    but maybe my definite association with 6 is just because it's my growth point?

    hmm i am liking this theory

    i'm going with 3w2 for the moment, and i'll be reading up as much as i can...

  10. #50
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    what does confuse me though, is that i would tend to say i'm the opposite of the stress/growth points... i feel like i grow towards 3 and stress towards 9. when i'm at my worst - both in terms of feeling inside and operating externally - i'm very avoidant, but when i'm at my best, both in terms of how i feel inside and how i operate externally, i'm very productive and involved. i'm probably at my happiest in the throes of a project.
    Yes, but actually, we tend to adopt negatives sides of both 9 and 3 when we disintegrate, and positives sides of both 9 ans 3 when we integrate. But the wing lead us to take more negatives trait from one specific point than from the other when we integrate eand disintegrate. I mean that 6w5 disintegrate more in 3 than in 9 under stress, hard working, accumulating competence and knowledge and focuseed on one specific point but integrate more in 9 than in 3 in security, economise their energy, allow them to be more opened and warm, stay in their comfort zone and love it. While for 6w7 it is the contrary, they sisintegrate more in 9, conformist, going with the flow and trying to disarm others with personal warmth, and integrate more in 3 in security, are achiever and energetic, often glamorous. We move in the two direction with both wings, but the wing lean a global preference. A coloration.

    the other thing is, i read this:

    ehh. when i'm at my very, very best, i am these things. but that really takes a whole lot of effort on my part. i feel like these adjectives are things i strive for, but are all reaching a bit far beyond my natural strengths.
    I relate on this totally. Hard working, trustworthy, etc, is my potential and ideal self, but and don't realize it often because I'm too much hesitant, fearful and distrusting, don't know how to use my energy.

    and yeah, that sounds a lot like me too. i do get kinda 1ish when i'm stressed out... i tend to retreat into myself and freak out mentally by hiding from the real world.
    I relate.

    i dunno, how do you separate 7w6 from 6w7? maybe 7w6 explains why i don't feel well-described by the 6's positive adjectives, but i do feel fairly accurately described by the 7's...
    7w6 are primarly oriented to positive options and trust spontaneously the positive potential of life, as long as they are not stuck in an option, they also tend to embellish their reality. 6w7 are primarly oriented to possibles danger and emphase the world spontaneously with disquietude and see positive possiblities as a secondary source of information that they can't really take seriously or trust.

    awesome, thanks!
    Don't mention it.

    will smith is totally an ENFP
    Yeah sure, Brittany Murphy was ENFP also.

    i relate a lot to rose byrne and evan rachel wood, but kirsten dunst too. on the whole the 6s seem not as energetic/engaged as i am when talking (though that could easily come from being interviewed a billion times already), but the 7s seem more high-strung than i am, especially in manner. sorry, that's not a very helpful anaylsis on my part :/ though i guess i could be 6w7 sx/so and that might account for it.
    I think Evan Rachel Wood is an ENFJ, Rose Byrne an ISFJ and Kirsten Dunst an ESFP.

    6w7 Sx/So is probably the variant that I know the best, I have very much example of this one:

    6w7 Sx/So
    6w7 Sx/So
    Leeloo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV_eGm1qgGs
    Jeanne d'Arc: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM-gu...eature=related
    Erin Brokovich: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TjEklyF7-E
    Dennis Rodman: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CrDbBBAbEY
    Anne Coulter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZab9LWw3z0
    Axl Rose http: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MhLl...eature=related
    Mike tyson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1kzP...eature=related
    Kylie Minogue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2AYkODq8k8
    Milla Jovovich: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h69jErGDmqU
    Faith: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toikP4JPue4
    Eliza Dushku: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_0tHr4bnVs
    Amy Winehouse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6kWDfPzqO4
    Lady Gaga: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puhv6V_grvo
    Lindsay Lohan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnI1_YHETsE
    Nikki Reed http: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEzIj4PQRi8&feature=fvsr
    Andy Sixx: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xGheGQ75kY


    i've had to work a lot on maintaining professionalism, because i tend to open up and be gushy (i mean i am an ENFP).
    This don't relate very much to 3. Even as Ps, they have hard time to stop working while 6s have difficulties to finish project and still motivated. They are very good to avoid success, often say that they are interested with another thing and/or that they see a falure in the project wich justify to give up, that kind of thing.

    but at the same time, that's kind of unfortunate, because that doesn't help me at all figure out what i want to do.
    From I have read, with 3s, a very short time separate thought from action. While 6s have hard time to be engaged in a project, not because they are less energetic or competent, but because they doubt of their capacities or the value of the project. 3s avoid doubting, the more they doubt, the more they try to avoid doubting by cramming their agenda. 3s have as much difficulties to stop than 6s have difficulties to continue.

    she can't be a sort of guidepost for me anymore. i guess because i tend to idolize people like that, i have this tendency to feel like i'm always running after someone in my accomplishments. i don't know. the more i think about it the more i relate to 6, but i have a strong connection to both types. i've seen 3s called vain though, and i'm really not. i'm actually quite insecure, at least lately. whatever it is in the enneagram that i grow to, i become much more self-assured and self-centered when i grow. if i had to choose a neurosis i would probably be dependent or histrionic. that's why i'm so confused about integration/disintegration, because if i could make my own pattern, i'd say i'm a 6 who integrates to 3 and disintegrates to 9


    anyway thank you guys again

    i'm slighty impossibleeeee
    I've read also that people on the triangle, 3-6-9 are the ones who have the most difficulties to identify their type. 3s because they are transformist and can be whatver type they wan to be, or to believe they are the type they want to be, 9s because they don't know themselves and emphasise with each enneatype and 6 because they perpetually fall in constant auto-contradiction and doubting. I know what I mean, I followed that path.


    Here are also some examples of 3w2s:

    [youtube=MaW10IsGA_E]Tara Reid 3w2 So/Sx[/youtube]
    [youtube=7bJmeraH_YQ]Shakira 3w2 So/Sx[/youtube]
    [youtube=jNFa6WFIXI0]Elvis Presley 3w2 Sx/So[/youtube]
    [youtube=hFeVP0ZRA_0]Carmen Electra 3w2 Sx/So[/youtube]
    [youtube=1ZZox6jfWUk]Britney Spears 3w2 Sx/So[/youtube]
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Similar Threads

  1. Help me type Dog the Bounty Hunter
    By cafe in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-19-2011, 01:42 PM
  2. Help me type a friend?
    By EsoteriEccentri in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 08:56 AM
  3. Help in typing few people
    By alcea rosea in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-01-2007, 10:38 PM
  4. help me type my father's dutch-irish hero
    By runvardh in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 10:02 AM
  5. Help me type my ex please
    By Sahara in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 04:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO