User Tag List

View Poll Results: OH GOOD A POLL

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2w3

    0 0%
  • 3 (w2 or w4)

    3 50.00%
  • 4 (w3 or w5)

    0 0%
  • 6w7

    1 16.67%
  • 7w6

    2 33.33%
First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 63

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    there really isn't such a thing as a typical ENFP. the combination of Ne, Fi and Te can go together in all sorts of ways. some ENFPs seem like INFPs, others ENFJs, still others ESFP, ENTJ, ENTP or even INTJ. Personality wise, ENFPs can be range anywhere from Anakin Skywalker, Maritin Short, Gwen Stefani or even Joseph Campbell. we can be the most shallow or the most deep people you'll ever meet and the most caring or the most heartless (it's true, we're nice and bubbly most of the time because we're EF, but several ENFPs really don't care about anyone but themselves haha)
    Thanks.. But I can assure you, from where I am standing there is totally such thing as a typical ENFP.. I am aware humanity has a dichotomy that is not limited to ENFPs . I am also aware that every human has all 16 types present within them and that every human will Chanel all 16 of those types through out a life time.
    It's Possible I am an ENFP myself .. I can confuse even the most unflappable people. And Anakin is an INFP :p LOL

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    4w5 is interesting. what makes you say 5?
    I had considered 4w3 myself.. with the 3 wing adding the hint of E to an I person.

    The way you break things down into components and lay them out side by side , observe and then rebuild is very Ti not Te .
    You show individualistic investigative tendencies, meaning I have never seen you believe something just because someone told you to.
    You do not join the group.. but will steadily maintain your position even if everyone else is of a different opinion.
    You are not very Flaky

    If I am right.. you will NOT agree with me..

  3. #23
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    yeah, that's what really throws me off about 4. i really do not like, at all, lingering in dark emotions. i mean sometimes i'll listen to a sad song or two, but even my favorite sad songs are from musicals or video games or movies or whatever, that i know have happy endings in store later on. if i had to paint myself in colors, i'd say i'm a whole bunch of rainbow colors, and lots of sparkles, and some elegant zen black, and some cool watery turquoise and some warm blushing peach and some white... i dunno, does that say 4 to you?
    No.

  4. #24
    Senior Member animenagai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Posts
    1,573

    Default

    Skylights: I'm exactly like that with my taste in music etc. o.0 Pretty sure I'm still a 4.
    Chimera of Filth

    A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

  5. #25
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Skylights I like happy music (I went through this weird polka phase recently and have always loved 80's synth pop and new wave) but I also like stuff that is really dark, edgy, and disturbing. I want to see all sides of human nature, preferably all mixed up together - I don't necessarily want my light and dark seperate a lot of the time, because I think life is both.

    I can brood and dwell, but I also have a very bright, light side to my personality - sometimes I visualize myself as a cat pouncing around the forum, that's how I feel mentally.

    I feel things very, very deeply and as a younger person was ridiculously NF without much grounding of T or S, though actually that might not be true, since I've always liked nature and exploration, I'm also pretty tactile and physical - or can be - and that might be S.

    "Grounded" is definitely a word I would use to describe you, but the way you describe happy music and bright colors actually sounds 7. Maybe the "grounding" comes from a 6 wing. Could you be a 7w6?

    I thought I could be 6w7 for a minute, but I'm just too intense, and E 4 may also serve to explain the borderline Introvert/Extrovert quality of my personality, particularly with a more dramatic and showy 3 wing.

    Do you consider yourself to be an elitist at all, or were you when you were younger? "I'm special and misunderstood" that kind of thinking?

  6. #26
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    It's pretty obvious to me that you're a DwP.




    (Dumb White Person)

  7. #27
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Something I've noticed on here is the lack of EXFP 2s. Pretty sure that's supposed to be a common type for EXFPS. I'm married to one. I'd always though of him as seven-ish, but not quite. Six-ish, but not so anxious, not so in his head. I felt like I could never really get a hold of his type. Then I listed the motivations of all the types to him, asked him which he related to most, and he immediately responded, "To love and be loved- isn't it obvious?" And then suddenly, it was.

  8. #28
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Thanks.. But I can assure you, from where I am standing there is totally such thing as a typical ENFP.. I am aware humanity has a dichotomy that is not limited to ENFPs . I am also aware that every human has all 16 types present within them and that every human will Chanel all 16 of those types through out a life time.
    It's Possible I am an ENFP myself .. I can confuse even the most unflappable people. And Anakin is an INFP :p LOL
    anakin is certainly not INFP
    - great with technology (okay, this isn't exactly an ENFP thing either)
    - aggressive
    - thrives in intense situations
    - always says what he's thinking
    - impulsive
    none of these traits are INFP at all.

  9. #29
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Anakin is a Type 8w7 ENFP. Move strongly to INTJ when he disintegrate in 5. In the Episode 1, he's really connected to the 2. Then he's totally disintegrated in 5 and become that Darth Vader ISTJ.

    As for Skylight, I'd she's a 6w7 or a 7w6 So/Sx.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  10. #30
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    actually, don't listen to me, I'm starting to think I'm a 7 and am now just as confused as you are XP
    lol. sorry!!

    Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    I am also not very energetic, or practical, not getting shit done, and I also feel lazy by default. I don't really relate to any ennegram type, and I pretty much don't believe in the ennegram.

    Why?

    Because sometimes I'm really detached, sometimes I will talk non stop, laugh non stop, sometimes I won't say anything, I will just prefer to observe. I put a very big emphasis on harmony, I get REALLY pissed if someone provokes conflicts juts for the sake of provoking conflicts. Sometimes I'll try to be really good at what I do, just to see how far I can go. Sometimes I'll want be really helpful to people, and sometimes I won't care. Also I'm some sort of an individualist, mostly in winter, maybe because of my winter mood disorders, or maybe because I like it this way, I do things by myself, I don't know I get annoyed when I have to work in a group. I also resemble to type 6 alot, but I hate type 6, I don't wanna be like that, I don't want to be loyal to people who make me secure, because they can make me feel secure just to take advantage. And sometimes I'll stay at home a lot, developing some complex ideas about whatever, just to dumb them when they get old. Sometimes I isolate myself, sometimes I'll be surrounded by people a long period of time.

    Out of all types I don't resemble 1, 8, and possibly type 2.

    So which one am I supposed to be.

    "7 THE ENTHUSIAST

    The Busy, Fun-Loving Type: Spontaneous, Versatile, Distractible, and Scattered"

    I'm only spontaneous, distractible and scattered.
    ugh, i know what you mean.

    sometimes i'm critical and perfectionistic; sometimes i'm very loving and helpful, generous and attentive. sometimes i'm outgoing; usually i'm reserved but happy to engage; sometimes i'm very quiet. most people think i'm relatively introverted, though MBTI experts can peg me as ENFP right away. i'm usually good at what i do, but i don't have to be the very best... though i'd like to be! i guess more important is to address what really needs to be addressed - to get to the heart of the matter and make change if it needs to be made. i don't have a problem going along with the crowd sometimes, either. i like being "in" and included. sometimes i follow trends because they're fun... i don't have to be different to know i have worth. sometimes i'm analytical and innovative, but it's not really my most comfortable state. i'm loyal to values, but not a steady worker. i'm definitely versatile, spontaneous, and acquisitive, but i'm not always on the go. i tend to stand up to others and fight but i'm not particularly self-confident or decisive. i'm agreeable but i'm not very grounded, and i definitely put up a fight often enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by Petra Pan View Post
    I dont know how (un)successful you are, but you can be unsuccessful at life (even saying this is 3-ish statement ) for various reasons that have nothing to do wit your type. I mean, you could grew up in shelter you think that every 3 is successful? Far from it. Important it being goal and achievement oriented, and I picked those vibes from you, very strong.
    You can also be less successful than your friend because you are NP. ESJ 3 is totally different story.
    haha, that's true. Js just have a natural advantage there, don't they! my friend is ENFJ, actually. and 3w2, probably sp/so. i think in some ways that actually makes it worse for me to compare with, because she's not just materially successful, but she's holistically successful. values-oriented successful. i don't really associate with the ESTJ 3 style, but i dunno. i think that what i really want, that makes me appear driven, is that i want to be whole/happy/successful both outside and inside. i mean, i want to be a good person, but i also want the life i live externally to match up to who i am inside. so i'm concerned about my image, because i feel like my external life - my jobs, my friends, my trips, how i look - i want it all to be in alignment with me, and i tend to believe that if it's good, it will generally be valued by the people i value (because of circular reasoning, lol).

    so i guess my behavior also ends up aligning with 7, because i do things because they are genuinely appealing to me. i read a question once that was like "would you go on a cruise because it looks fun (7) or because it looks good (3)?" well, both? i mean, it looks good because it is an indicator that i'm successful, and i don't want to hide my achievements away. i'm proud of them, lol. but mostly you go on a cruise because it's just a great time! it's fun and luxurious. and i can't really lie, i do want to be a respected member of society. it's important to me because then i know i matter. but at the same time, i know a really obnoxious 3w4 who just has to tell EVERYONE about where she went and what she did and what D-list celebrity she met and god is she annoying. if her accomplishments were really that great, she wouldn't need to broadcast them. they would just make her happy. my 3w2 friend agrees that it's annoying, though, so i don't know what that means in terms of the enneagram.

    maybe a better example... i like flying first class, sure (though i don't often, cause i'm a poor student, lol), because it's way more comfy, but i kind of feel bad that everyone else isn't. i mean, ideally, everyone would get to fly first class. we'd all be awesome... comfy and happy and having plenty of resources and successful at the things we like the most and want to do. as for hierarchies, i tend to like to be second-level in-charge... i really don't want to be the sole leader, because that's responsibility i don't particularly want to have alone (Js are better at this anyway, i'm not much one for leading groups for any sustained period of time) - but i like to have influence to assert when i want to. i love a VP position. i get to play support and spokesperson, enjoying the benefits while not bearing the weight of primary decision-making.

    4w3? 3w4? or a 7 and all this "need to anchor/be accepted" comes from w6?

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    all of this sounds like me. I've been wandering if being 7 necessitates have high amounts of energy or if being 4 necessessitates being melancholy and enjoying wallowing in negative emotions. we really sound a lot alike
    i know right!

    glad to know i'm not alone!!

    sorry you're having trouble too though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Thanks.. But I can assure you, from where I am standing there is totally such thing as a typical ENFP.. I am aware humanity has a dichotomy that is not limited to ENFPs . I am also aware that every human has all 16 types present within them and that every human will Chanel all 16 of those types through out a life time.
    It's Possible I am an ENFP myself .. I can confuse even the most unflappable people. And Anakin is an INFP :p LOL
    lol, good points.

    and actually - i've read great arguments for anakin being an ISFP. leads with Fi, assisted by kickass Se, and underpinned by Ni envisioning, which can turn into NF idealistic looping with emphasis on archetypes (eg, padme being his "angel" and LUKE I AM YOUR FATHER).

    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    I had considered 4w3 myself.. with the 3 wing adding the hint of E to an I person.

    The way you break things down into components and lay them out side by side , observe and then rebuild is very Ti not Te .
    You show individualistic investigative tendencies, meaning I have never seen you believe something just because someone told you to.
    You do not join the group.. but will steadily maintain your position even if everyone else is of a different opinion.
    You are not very Flaky

    If I am right.. you will NOT agree with me..
    !!

    i appreciate the compliments ... though i'm afraid i'm a little more flaky IRL. more to lose there. how interesting, that you see more Ti than Te. i always thought i was really Ti-stupid. true that i almost never believe anything someone tells me just because they say so... though i always sort of thought that was common sense, more than enneatype. perhaps i need to think again

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    No.
    yeahhh

    Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    Skylights: I'm exactly like that with my taste in music etc. o.0 Pretty sure I'm still a 4.
    yeah? sweet!! how did you know you were a 4, otherwise?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Skylights I like happy music (I went through this weird polka phase recently and have always loved 80's synth pop and new wave) but I also like stuff that is really dark, edgy, and disturbing. I want to see all sides of human nature, preferably all mixed up together - I don't necessarily want my light and dark seperate a lot of the time, because I think life is both.

    I can brood and dwell, but I also have a very bright, light side to my personality - sometimes I visualize myself as a cat pouncing around the forum, that's how I feel mentally.

    I feel things very, very deeply and as a younger person was ridiculously NF without much grounding of T or S, though actually that might not be true, since I've always liked nature and exploration, I'm also pretty tactile and physical - or can be - and that might be S.

    "Grounded" is definitely a word I would use to describe you, but the way you describe happy music and bright colors actually sounds 7. Maybe the "grounding" comes from a 6 wing. Could you be a 7w6?

    I thought I could be 6w7 for a minute, but I'm just too intense, and E 4 may also serve to explain the borderline Introvert/Extrovert quality of my personality, particularly with a more dramatic and showy 3 wing.

    Do you consider yourself to be an elitist at all, or were you when you were younger? "I'm special and misunderstood" that kind of thinking?
    a little bit elitist, but less in the sense of "misunderstood" and more in the sense of "special" and "like to be in a different tier". it's a little tricky to figure out when i was younger, because i was almost always the very top of my class (not to sound like a braggy ass, i just happened to do well on tests), and always rewarded for it. i guess i came to see all the perks that consistently came with being in that kind of position, and enjoyed them. due to life circumstances i've always (since birth) been a bit of an odd one out, and i think i came to understand that place - one where you're different, in a good way - as one in which i can circumvent the rules that i find stupid - which isn't all of them, just a lot of them.

    so when you're "special", you're outside of the socially-bound group, and the restrictions don't apply any longer (ie, you can do what you want without other people trying to stop you or thinking poorly of you for it) and that's the draw for me. it's more of a tool than an internal need.

    i also like being in the "elite" because... well, i don't really know. i guess i just want to be someone important. i think that being important in society reinforces to myself that i am important in my own life, and in the greater picture. i don't want to have a meaningless life, and having a position like that keeps me responsible. it ensures i have a bigger impact and don't just absorb into myself. i also like to be at the heart of the action, and i know being upper tier gets you privileges to being where world-changing things take place. i think mostly i'm an elitist in the sense that i want the opportunity to have influence. it's not wanting power, exactly, because i don't want the responsibility - it's not like an e8 thing - but it's about being in a position to be able to leverage change when i think it really needs to happen. i'm kind of lazy in general but i don't mind putting in a ton of legwork when i really care about an issue.

    and of course i also really just like the sensory perks. bigscreen tv, comfy chair, fast car, general Se binge for my little Sensotarded self, etc... but seriously, atmospheres are important. i like creating atmospheres that make me... well, happy to be me.

    anyway, as for music... i like my light with a little bit of nitty-gritty, if that's what you mean. like pink's "raise your glass" light with a little bit of party?

    i suppose i could be a 6w7?

    the problem:

    Quote Originally Posted by enneagraminstitute
    The committed, security-oriented type. Sixes are reliable, hard-working (sometimes. when i REALLY care. but only in short bursts), responsible, and trustworthy (errrr... kinda depends on what we're talking about...). Excellent "troubleshooters," they foresee problems and foster cooperation, but can also become defensive, evasive, and anxious—running on stress while complaining about it. They can be cautious and indecisive, but also reactive, defiant and rebellious. They typically have problems with self-doubt and suspicion. At their Best: internally stable and self-reliant, courageously championing themselves and others.
    so much stability my dad's a 5w6, and i see the 6 in him. i have a hard time seeing it in myself as enneatype, though possibly wing. if it is, it's a very different "flavor" than the 5w6 my dad has. he's very protective and security-oriented. i would be more defensive and rebellious (both like on Fi terms - defensive of things i care about and rebellious when i feel like the status quo is harmful).

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    It's pretty obvious to me that you're a DwP.




    (Dumb White Person)


    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Something I've noticed on here is the lack of EXFP 2s. Pretty sure that's supposed to be a common type for EXFPS. I'm married to one. I'd always though of him as seven-ish, but not quite. Six-ish, but not so anxious, not so in his head. I felt like I could never really get a hold of his type. Then I listed the motivations of all the types to him, asked him which he related to most, and he immediately responded, "To love and be loved- isn't it obvious?" And then suddenly, it was.
    interesting. i guess i could be a 2? i just... i dunno, it wasn't a type i immediately saw myself in. i'm very 2ish around an SO but not so much with everyone else. it's true that i think loving and being loved is very important. maybe not the most important though... i think maybe what is most important to me is living a life of love in general - loving life - and making positive change in your world. becoming self-actualized, if you will. i don't know what enneatype that would translate into, though.

    i like the way you worded this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    anakin is certainly not INFP
    - great with technology (okay, this isn't exactly an ENFP thing either)
    - aggressive
    - thrives in intense situations
    - always says what he's thinking
    - impulsive
    none of these traits are INFP at all.
    could correlate with ISFP via Se though

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Anakin is a Type 8w7 ENFP. Move strongly to INTJ when he disintegrate in 5. In the Episode 1, he's really connected to the 2. Then he's totally disintegrated in 5 and become that Darth Vader ISTJ.

    As for Skylight, I'd she's a 6w7 or a 7w6 So/Sx.
    he changes a lot in the movies... hard to decide whether to interpret it at character shifting or just shitty screenwriting.

    anyway thank you for the opinion!
    so/sx is probably right.
    Last edited by skylights; 01-31-2011 at 12:55 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Help me type Dog the Bounty Hunter
    By cafe in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-19-2011, 01:42 PM
  2. Help me type a friend?
    By EsoteriEccentri in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 08:56 AM
  3. Help in typing few people
    By alcea rosea in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-01-2007, 10:38 PM
  4. help me type my father's dutch-irish hero
    By runvardh in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 10:02 AM
  5. Help me type my ex please
    By Sahara in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 04:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO