• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

my social variant seems to be four, my sp five: split variants

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I don't think your wings have individual variants. I don't know where you learned that from.

B

brainheart

I don't think your wings have individual variants. I don't know where you learned that from.

Perhaps I should clarify. What I was saying was that I am a 4 with a 5 wing. The social four seems to be a good description of me. Secondarily, the sp five is also a pretty good fit. So it seems like I am an so/sp/sx, but I don't relate to the sp 4 description all that well, more that of the 5. So my question was, when people look at variant descriptions when they are figuring out their stackings, do some people relate better to the variant descriptions for their wing type vs the variant decriptions for their enneatype, especially when it comes to the secondary and tertiary variants?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
It would certainly make sense that you don't relate to the 4 sp description...because you're so. Also, the 5 type in general has similar elements with the sp type because both are concerned with managing how the world affects them and how to keep themselves safe both from it and within it. I used to think I was a 5 sp, but that was because it was hard to separate the 5 from the sp at times. What you see as sp-ness might just be 5-ness.

B

brainheart

Hmm, yeah, probably. My problem, also, is I often feel like I'm an even split between 4 and 5; none of this wing business. So that could lead to the confusion.

EDIT: And the confusion is apparent in the Sexual five thread I started. Oh enneagram, curse you! You are like the internet- I love you, but I hate how much time I spend with you...

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
I sometimes think this. That my 1-wing is more social (writing imperative e.g., or possibly any imperative), while 9 self-preserving.

Neutralpov

Maybe levels of health, meaning integration or disintegration movement could confuse this also.

B

brainheart

Maybe levels of health, meaning integration or disintegration movement could confuse this also.

Yes, they do. When I'm depressed I'm very 5; when healthy, 4w5; when manic, more of a 4w3. And so I also relate to different instinctual variants.

Neutralpov

What is a depressed 5 like? (other than the listed website info)

Being a 1 and going to 4 when stressed is weird. It feels like another person and not myself. It is almost guttural if that makes sense

B

brainheart

What is a depressed 5 like? (other than the listed website info)

Really nihilistic, antisocial, and misanthropic. Kind of paranoid. Irritated and annoyed by all external stimuli. An Edgar Allen Poe story. That's how it is for me, anyway.

B

brainheart

Being a 1 and going to 4 when stressed is weird. It feels like another person and not myself. It is almost guttural if that makes sense

It makes sense to me except the guttural comment. Maybe you can explain-