User Tag List

First 123

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

This is a very caricatural and not too flattering example of course.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I wish I knew. I can't remember. It was in a link here on the site somewhere in a thread.
    simworld, WOOF.

Great time for this reply.

thinking of you

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    This is a very caricatural and not too flattering example of course.
    i, too, would be inclined to say pathological.

i'm sure i've encountered plenty of 7s in my life, but she - even if she is acting - is one in a million.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    pathological.
    lol. That's the word.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ENTP

Imagine how much she talks when she has sex

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

You suck like you throw up.

thinking of you

MBTI
    ENTP

I what ? : )))

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    the enneagram makes me uncomfortable. i assume that this is because i have not found my place in it - i have this idea that maybe one day i will suddenly realize what number, wing, tritype and stacking i am and everything will "click" - much as it did with the MBTI, upon a couple members pointing out that [i was an ENFP, duh].

the difference that i don't like between the MBTI and enneagram is that with the MBTI, i chose these tendencies - i think like a Ne dom ; i judge like a Fi aux - and then i sort of get to determine for myself how that impacts me. as it happens, i feel similar to a lot of ENFPs about a lot of things, but the MBTI doesn't entail so many restrictions. like, here's my problem with the enneagram -

1 - rigid, uncompromising, serious, active, organized, dutiful, honest (fixation - on being corrupt) instinctual - anger
    2 - helpful, warm, manipulative, inviting, caring, generous, needy (fixation - on being unwanted) emotional - sadness
    3 - driven, ambitious, outgoing, charismatic, narcissistic, successful, image-aware (fixation - on being worthless) emotional - sadness
    4 - creative, introspective, authentic, melancholy, individual, aristocratic, aesthetic (fixation - on being flawed) emotional - sadness
    5 - observant, logical, critical, intellectual, withrdrawn, restrained, cerebral (fixation - on being incompetent) intellectual - anxiety
    6 - responsible, aware, suspicious, courageous, defensive, protective, challenging (fixation - on being abandoned) intellectual - anxiety
    7 - enthusiastic, scattered, spontaneous, flighty, optimistic, distracted, curious (fixation - on being deprived) intellectual - anxiety
    8 - decisive, powerful, direct, assertive, confident, confrontational, aggressive (fixation - on being powerless) instinctual - anger
    9 - content, accepting, steady, trusting, complacent, escapist, grounded (fixation - on being lost) instinctual - anger

okay. so. that's a lot to deal with. a lot a lot. the MBTI is so much easier for me because it deals with dichotomies. are you more thinking or feeling? F. do you apply that internally or externally? i. are you more intuitive or sensing? N. do you apply that internally or externally? e. awesome. are you more intuitive or feeling? N. great, there's your type.

the enneagram seems like it boxes so much in. looking at that list of adjectives (just compiled it off the top of my head), i'm a 7. i'm also mainly anxiety-driven, yes. but core fixation, of being deprived? curious. i've never really sensed that. i've read elsewhere that 7s seek to escape pain. well... i mean, yeah, i don't like pain, but that's kind of the whole point of pain. you're not supposed to like it. i think my drive is much more of a 3 or 5 drive - fear of worthlessness and incompetence. okay, so what if i'm not a 7? maybe i'm a 3. but no way - i don't look at all like a 3. i'm way too lazy. can't block out emotions worth shit either. 5? no. i'm emotional and engaging. i'm not much one for watching on the sidelines. 4? close, i guess, but still no. i have no sense of being any more flawed or any more special than everyone else.

to me, all these things don't line up. i relate to a lot of problems on that list because i think at a core level all of those fears and fixations are essentially the same. we all want to be good/whole/happy/safe.
    6 or 9, choose your poison.

------

In the enneagram, we have connections in which we might act similarly to other types.

It is sort of like the MBTI. Lets use my type examples to illustrate (MBTI: ISFP Enneagram: 9w1)

When slightly stressed, the ISFP tries to act more like its type.

The shadow of an ISFP would be ENTJ, correct? When the ISFP is really stressed, the way ISFP often exhibit his/her Te often comes out in a not-so-great ENTJ manner.

But just because the ISFP acts like an ENTJ doesn't mean the ISFP is an ENTJ. It is just how the ISFP appears because of the stressed state.

Similarly

A 9w1 throughout his/her health, may act similarly to the other types of the enneagram.

An enneagram 9, when stressed, may act more similarly to a 6.

An average 9 would just act like...well...a 9.

A quite healthy 9, on the other hand, will act more so like a 3.

The person is still a type 9, it is just that the person acts like other types based on how healthy or stressed the person is.

------

If we mesh MBTI and the Enneagram together,
    A stressed out ISFP would be like a stressed out 9 with emphasis on the 9 looking like a 6.
    A healthy ISFP that is acting like its type and isn't stressed, would just look like a 9.
    A very healthy ISFP would look like a 9 with 3-like qualities.

------

On another note

ISFP is said to have an interaction style similar to an INFP. Generally speaking, this can sound very similar to the wing system used in the enneagram (this applies to types like EXFP also as they often get confused with one another.)

A 9w1 will act slightly in a different way than a 9w8 would. However, the core of its type is 9, which both wing types share.