User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    All of life is a risk. You can choose to risk only a little, but it's still a risk. Even if you're some spoiled rich dude living in a mansion, you could still get sniped by ninjas who used stealth to get past your security system and your aging French butler.
    You're thinking of chefs.

Butlers are English.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Did I ever mention you are not an ISFP?

Because you're not.
    Edgars talking about my type? Wow, I must be pretty darn awesome for someone of such high status to not only remember, but try to convince me I'm another type! It must be my lucky day.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

I enjoy taking risks of all kinds. Adrenaline is the life force that drives me, when there's no excitement I turn into a turtling eskimo. I think I've taken more "emotional" risks in the past few years but only because I'm too old to start bar fights with jarheads and sink boats during nor'easters, etc, etc.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

hahah am I really the only person who noticed this is the enneagram section and "sp" means SELF PRESERVATION not SENSING PERCEIVER.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    Edgars talking about my type? Wow, I must be pretty darn awesome for someone of such high status to not only remember, but try to convince me I'm another type! It must be my lucky day.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    hahah am I really the only person who noticed this is the enneagram section and "sp" means SELF PRESERVATION not SENSING PERCEIVER.

I just figured that out. . Time to exit the thread
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    SEI

lol I did notice that though.
    In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher.

9w8 so/sx/sp

--Deviantart--

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

any sort of risks that involves physical pain or injury is extremely unsettling to me. I'm neither a strong guy, a good fighter, nor an aggressive person, but I am extremely merciless when someone physically hurts me. if punched, I will blugeon. if blugeoned, I will stab. if stabbed, I will shoot.

It doesn't really matter either way. Anyone can answer who wants to!
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Nothing RISKED, Nothing GAINED.
    This principle applies to physical risk, emotional risk, and financial risk. It is a universal aspect of learning to deal with all risks in life.
    The big question lies in how to handle making decisions on a myriad of risks, of a multitude of magnitudes.

Well, Dr. Halla is here to help you.
    Here's how I do it, for any risk I am considering undertaking:

(1) Identify the risk and why I am considering taking it. (e.g. "I want to get laid", or "I need to make some cash", or "It sure as hell would be fun to set that old pile of trash on fire.")
    (2) Identify all probable outcomes of me engaging in the risk. Let's create three outcomes for any of the examples above:
    .....(a) WORST CASE SCENARIO
    .....(b) Middle Of the Road, aka "Whatever"
    .....(c) VICTORY and GREATNESS!!!!

(3) Evaluate the WORST CASE SCENARIO, and determine the PROBABILITY that it will occur over the other options to the best of your ability.
    (4) THE BIG QUESTION: Are you willing to accept the wors case scenario if it occurs? Can you live with it?
    .....(a) If YES, then GO FOR IT!!!
    .....(b) If NO, then get these stupid thoughts out of your head and think of some other stuff.

I hope this helps.
    I use this process several times everyday, and have applied it to a number of scenarios ranging from miniscule to magananmous risk.
    Having a process allows you to make good decision without getting muddled ip in details.

HAVE A PLAN,

then

EXECUTE THE PLAN.

Finally, Bob Gates, former Secretary of Defense said to a reporter when asked "What have you learned in your career?" and Mr. Gates said "You just have to make the best decisions that you can with the information you have available at the time. You can't get hung up in analysis paralysis."

That's how the real movers and shakers roll...
    I agree with him wholeheartedly.

-Dr. Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro