• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

There's never been a thread like this

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
5! 5! 5! FFFFive!

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
5! 5! 5! FFFFive!

I can see why some on the forum would think I might be a 5 based on how I interact here. It's a fun opportunity to indulge myself - diving in, learning and researching stuff, constantly increasing my overall understanding of this system which involves human interactions. I think 5 and INTJ have a lot of synergies. It would create less internal tension for an INTJ to be a 5 than to be another type. Having considered it quite a bit yesterday though, I actually do not believe I am a 5. This is why:

- I've taken 3 different tests all with the same result of an 8; the first was 8OMNI, then 8w7, then 8w7; 5 is way down the list in terms of what is likely on those tests
- Many of the words that characterize a 5 do not resonate with me at all: frugal, minimalist, feels invisible, avarice, hoarder, austere surroundings, isolated, loner, passive, reclusive
- The words that characterize an 8 do resonate with me but I hesitate to put them down here because they mostly make me feel uncomfortable
- The fears of a 5 don't resonate much with me; the ones for 8 do
- The "soul child" description of a 5 doesn't resonate at all; whereas the one for the 8 does
- Looking at this link and answering the two questions (active child, active parent), the conclusion is 8: http://pstypes.blogspot.com/search?u...&max-results=2
- I asked somebody who knows me really well if they thought the 8 description was right; after chuckling several times while reading it; they said yes it does

So, my conclusion is that those characteristics that may lead one to think I'm a 5 are in fact indicative of INTJ. There's a small part of me that thinks 5 is possible but generally, it seems pretty unlikely.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My 5!1!!!11! was at The_World_As_Will who seems about as 5 as they come. For you I can see 8, you just have a subtleness, probably relating to your introversion, that means you don't present as the typical 8.

Spongie: I would have struggled to pick your E type, until I saw the 1>6>5 in your sig.