ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Default Enneagram Levels

Based off of this thinger:

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/descript.asp

Click on your enneagram type, and then determine what level you think you are at at this current time in your life (which are at the bottom). Then post what level and the description you most relate to here, if you so choose.

EDIT: Here's another place where you can look different levels and want to go by that instead.

http://sites.google.com/site/upatel8/personlitytype9

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

7w8

I think I'm a level 4 striving to be more at level 3.

Level 4: As restlessness increases, want to have more options and choices available to them. Become adventurous and "worldly wise," but less focused, constantly seeking new things and experiences: the sophisticate, connoisseur, and consumer. Money, variety, keeping up with the latest trends important.

and

Level 3: Easily become accomplished achievers, generalists who do many different things well: multi-talented. Practical, productive, usually prolific, cross-fertilizing areas of interest.

I think I relate to the level 3 description in the other link more than the 4 I think. Particularly 'To do those things which will insure that they will have what they need' really stands out to me.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Type 5

Level 4: Begin conceptualizing and fine-tuning everything before acting—working things out in their minds: model building, preparing, practicing, and gathering more resources. Studious, acquiring technique. Become specialized, and often "intellectual," often challenging accepted ways of doing things.

Level 5: Increasingly detached as they become involved with complicated ideas or imaginary worlds. Become preoccupied with their visions and interpretations rather than reality. Are fascinated by off-beat, esoteric subjects, even those involving dark and disturbing elements. Detached from the practical world, a "disembodied mind," although high-strung and intense.
    Elements of both, at the moment.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I'm a pretty classic Level 4 E9, although during my better moments I take on a lot of 3 traits. Just that right now isn't one of my better moments!

Level 4: Fear conflicts, so become self-effacing and accommodating, idealizing others and "going along" with their wishes, saying "yes" to things they do not really want to do. Fall into conventional roles and expectations. Use philosophies and stock sayings to deflect others.
    I prefer the below description a bit more. I've largely overcome my paralyzing fear of significant change (mostly because life forced significant change on me, and I became stronger for it). Oddly enough, a lot of these traits really are improvements to how I was 4 years ago.

Code:
    The Average Levels Social Role: Nobody special.

4. Level of Imbalance

B-Terms		A-Terms			Secondary Desires		Fears
    Agreeable	Self-Effacing		To avoid conflicts 		Of any significant changes
    compliant	accommodating		(by acquiescing to 		/ disruptions in their 
    excusing	idealizing others	others: "Inner Sanctum"		world
    conventional	sentimental		
    pleasant	unquestioning		
    "fitting in"	simplifying		
    respectable	philosophizing		
    *loyal* 	discounting self	
    		*dutiful*

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I'm a pretty classic Level 4, although during my better moments I take on a lot of 3 traits. Just that right now isn't one of my better moments!

I prefer this description a bit more. I've largely overcome my paralyzing fear of significant change (mostly because life forced significant change on me, and I became stronger for it). Oddly enough, a lot of these traits really are improvements to how I was 4 years ago.
    As do I.

Hope you don't mind if I throw it in the OP.

Enneagram

I am an e6, level 5, who has been level 6 before.

Level 5: To resist having more demands made on them, they react against others passive-aggressively. Become evasive, indecisive, cautious, procrastinating, and ambivalent. Are highly reactive, anxious, and negative, giving contradictory, "mixed signals." Internal confusion makes them react unpredictably.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Type 6.. the 9 stages

Transcended states

1-self-affirming courage
    2-faithful affection
    3-responsible discipline

Balanced states

4-dutiful loyalty
    5-anxious ambivalence
    6-belligerent scapegoating

Unbalanced/Unhealthy states

7-needy conformism
    8-paranoid obsession
    9-self-destructive panic

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

5w4,

Both of these are suitable definitions, as a mixture:
    Level 6: Begin to take an antagonistic stance toward anything which would interfere with their inner world and personal vision. Become provocative and abrasive, with intentionally extreme and radical views. Cynical and argumentative.

Level 7: Become reclusive and isolated from reality, eccentric and nihilistic. Highly unstable and fearful of aggressions: they reject and repulse others and all social attachments.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm a type 5 and I operate mostly at levels 4 and 5. On a really good day, I can get to level 2 or 3. On a really bad day, I can sink down to level 7.

Level 4: Begin conceptualizing and fine-tuning everything before acting—working things out in their minds: model building, preparing, practicing, and gathering more resources. Studious, acquiring technique. Become specialized, and often "intellectual," often challenging accepted ways of doing things.

Level 5: Increasingly detached as they become involved with complicated ideas or imaginary worlds. Become preoccupied with their visions and interpretations rather than reality. Are fascinated by off-beat, esoteric subjects, even those involving dark and disturbing elements. Detached from the practical world, a "disembodied mind," although high-strung and intense.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Enneagram 4w5:

My levels:

4:

Level 3: Highly personal, individualistic, "true to self." Self-revealing, emotionally honest, humane. Ironic view of self and life: can be serious and funny, vulnerable and emotionally strong.

Level 4: Take an artistic, romantic orientation to life, creating a beautiful, aesthetic environment to cultivate and prolong personal feelings. Heighten reality through fantasy, passionate feelings, and the imagination.

Taking into account my 5 wing:

Level 2: Observe everything with extraordinary perceptiveness and insight. Most mentally alert, curious, searching intelligence: nothing escapes their notice. Foresight and prediction. Able to concentrate: become engrossed in what has caught their attention.

Level 3: Attain skillful mastery of whatever interests them. Excited by knowledge: often become expert in some field. Innovative and inventive, producing extremely valuable, original works. Highly independent, idiosyncratic, and whimsical.

Last edited by CuriousFeeling; 01-06-2011 at 01:45 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche