User Tag List

First 45678 Last

As a type 4: being called "cute" and "oh! I thought you were 18-21", after treating me like I'm naive to the world and am incapable of making my own life decisions.

Also, when guys rush to help me physically lift something that I'm not struggling with at all, and they aren't doing it to be sweet but because they automatically assume I can't physically handle it. This can be a little irritating sometimes, but I usually just end up handing it over.

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by kfarb View Post
    As a type 4: being called "cute" and "oh! I thought you were 18-21", after treating me like I'm naive to the world and am incapable of making my own life decisions.

Also, when guys rush to help me physically lift something that I'm not struggling with at all, and they aren't doing it to be sweet but because they automatically assume I can't physically handle it. This can be a little irritating sometimes, but I usually just end up handing it over.
    hahhah, sp! im an sp last, so i pretty much always ask others to do my physical tasks if i just know they would likely accept it. =)
    i mean, its hilarious that a male asks females to do his biddings, then i just stand there all feminine and argue that they are stronger than me, and how im much better fit with organizing things so they can take care of the rest. =)

ps i know infp's can be pretty handy with their inferior Te, as long as you know their capabilities.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    hahhah, sp! im an sp last, so i pretty much always ask others to do my physical tasks if i just know they would likely accept it. =)
    i mean, its hilarious that a male asks females to do his biddings, then i just stand there all feminine and argue that they are stronger than me, and how im much better fit with organizing things so they can take care of the rest. =)

ps i know infp's can be pretty handy with their inferior Te, as long as you know their capabilities.
    hahaha I would happily carry stuff for a guy if he asked, I'd take it as a compliment honestly I just don't like being looked upon as weak so I take great pains to try to become a stronger person, physically, mentally and emotionally. I have no idea how common that is for INFPs but it's definitely a focus of mine, and developing Te is vital in that.

Not certain about type yet

I've been called both "Cute" and "Sensitive" and also "Cold" or "Unempathetic" at different times. The first three I find unsettling. (I'm perfectly okay with my stance on the last one though, I don't have time for Fe bullcrap.)

"You're so smart"--no I'm NOT. I just bother to waste my time screwing around the ungodly edges of the internet learning this stuff beforehand because I find it interesting. Knowing this stuff isn't intelligence. I was just guzzling down caffeine at the time and so I remembered it and you didn't.

"Good-looking"--great. So apparently you expect me to be a male model. A brainless actor. More fodder for the mass graves when the apocalypse breaks out.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

For me, it is rarely the compliment alone that I respond to, but the series of actions and attitudes that surround them.

1)The porcelain doll treatment

included are:

* simplifying things as you talk the way you would to a child
    * Omitting things as to 'not worry me'
    * Assuming I am incapable of doing anything myself
    * Restricting my access, movements or freedom in any way to 'protect me'

Let's just say in general: Micromanaging me out of love, possessiveness, protectiveness or whatever you wanna call that warm fuzzy feeling they seem to get from treating me like that - a pet, or worse, an object. If I decide to let you micromanage me coz I *trust* you and I get to set the conditions together with you, it's a whole different story.

2) The parts-for-sale treatment

Compliments about my looks are received based on what their source is. The words can be the same but the general difference between the two options is big.

Example:

'You are beautiful'

=> When said, accompanying a genuine admiration, the way you would look at a piece of art = absolutely sweet and appreciated
    => When said, eyeing my chest, or licking your lips, or while mentally imagining certain body parts = absolutely disgusting.

The first can contain parts of the second which Im totally good with in the right situation, but the second rarely if ever contains the first - at least enough to offset the fact that I just became an object to you to use for your own purposes. Lack of respect for the fact that Im a living being and more than the sum of my parts is a total turn off/creep-out.

3) The backhanded compliment treatment

Acting surprised that I'm actually capable of anything and acting as if your approval is a gift in a pat-on-the-head way.

Note: this does not pertain to people who know that Ive been struggling with something and are expressing their genuine surprise and encouragement when they notice the progress.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Quote Originally Posted by kfarb View Post
    hahaha I would happily carry stuff for a guy if he asked, I'd take it as a compliment honestly I just don't like being looked upon as weak so I take great pains to try to become a stronger person, physically, mentally and emotionally. I have no idea how common that is for INFPs but it's definitely a focus of mine, and developing Te is vital in that.
    The same for me! I just hate this women/men stereotypes and when people try to apply them on me. Being treated like naive, or weaker gets me mad. The same about being call "cute" or "sweet" the words evolve kind of inferiority in your relationship to others. I also hate when someone calls me just like that a "sweethear" and similar things. I want to be treated as equal and independent with necessary evoking a need for someone's help.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I find direct compliments kinda awkward.

Come to think of it, I think static compliments are the worst type ('you're a smart person'; 'you're an elegant person'), as it demonstrates an expectation on me to earn the compliment indefinitely. Switch those for 'that was very smart of you' ; 'you're quite elegant today', and leave me the option to reject an unrequested label.

Riva

Hmm i don't recall receiving complements that i disliked. It's probably there stored in my head but i can't recall.

I enjoy receiving compliments that i am not. It could be because i enjoy portraying certain images and at times people commenting on images i am portraying or has portrayed means i have pulled it off correctly.

Our company dgm recently said i'm quite and i smirked and said she met me on the wrong day. My boss quickly pointed out that she is wrong and said something like: this is not the usual crowd he associates.

Anyway for some weird reason i enjoy being misread. Could it be related to my instinctual variant i wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i don't like any generic compliment that could be applied to anyone, a true compliment has to be specially tailored towards me. so anything standard or generic is bad for a 4.
    A compliment that is tailored towards you: you are a good jew.

The last jew who received that complement was nailed to a cross 2000 years ago.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    A compliment that is tailored towards you: you are a good jew.

The last jew who received that complement was nailed to a cross 2000 years ago.
    what's wrong with you?

LadyLazarus

Any compliment; they always make me feel awkward because I never know what to say back.

Example:
    Person:"I like your shoes."
    Me:"Thanks...I like them too?"
    Person: