• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what enneagram do most ISFP's fall under?

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I test pretty consistently as a 9w1. It's pretty fitting of how I am....
Nines are accepting, trusting, and stable. They are usually creative, optimistic, and supportive, but can also be too willing to go along with others to keep the peace. They want everything to go smoothly and be without conflict, but they can also tend to be complacent, simplifying problems and minimizing anything upsetting. They typically have problems with inertia and stubbornness. At their Best: indomitable and all-embracing, they are able to bring people together and heal conflicts.

The majority of this statement describes me pretty well.... It's not a 100% fit, but it's pretty damn close.
Key Motivations: Want to create harmony in their environment, to avoid conflicts and tension, to preserve things as they are, to resist whatever would upset or disturb them.

This is definitely me. I get really stressed out when conflict is going on around me. If someone starts drama in my presence, I'm known for vanishing very quickly. Sister-in-law is a pro at making me disappear from a room.... She's a drama queen...

I took the quoted info from this site if you want to read up on it.
http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/typenine.asp

Sunny Ghost

Many females tend to get type 2 because of social conditioning.

Well, if you are willing to go that far, might as well read the description of 9w8. I've had a similar experience with not knowing whether my type was 4, 5, 6 or 9. It's sort of like I said, I've felt like 4 and 5 were extreme cases to me even though both did apply to me. Often times, when you have more than one type that "seems" like you, chances are that you could just be 6 or 9 (and maybe 3.)

Sort of wished the long list of Blackcat's reference were still here.

i also feel as though seeming like a 9 or a 2 might fit along with the 4w5 dynamic. ...a preference for finding/est my identity and seeking knowledge may have been what led me towards the ideas of finding peace. and being an ISFP, desire for practicality and having a healthy Fi has led me to seem to fit the idea of a 2 as well. but i read somewhere, some unhealthy 9's may confuse their selves with type 4 or 5.

Nines are accepting, trusting, and stable. They are usually creative, optimistic, and supportive, but can also be too willing to go along with others to keep the peace. They want everything to go smoothly and be without conflict, but they can also tend to be complacent, simplifying problems and minimizing anything upsetting. They typically have problems with inertia and stubbornness. At their Best: indomitable and all-embracing, they are able to bring people together and heal conflicts.
i feel as though this sounds like me... however, i don't know that my key motivation in life is creating harmony.
i've created some disharmony, as well. but if i have two friends whom are at odds with one another, i'll typically try to sit with each to try and help bring about some sort of truce or peace. but if someone has crossed me or someone i know, i can be quite harsh.
the words, "too willing," doesn't really sound accurate to me. i'll go along so long as there isn't much of an impact one way or another. sometimes i stand down. but if something bothers me enough, i stand my ground. Fi is quite an interesting thing. you desire to seek consensus, but also the weighing of values can make one feel like joan of arc.

i had always considered myself the optimistic depressant, which fits along with the 9. even in my darkest moments, i'd try to remind myself that this feeling would eventually pass. but i feel like this optimism was passed on to me from my dad. he always said, "suicide is never the answer. something better will eventually come along." and i took that to heart. i've contemplated suicide more than once, but would remember what he said, and also look back to other times i'd felt this same way, and always realized that these feelings are fleeting. just as happiness is. also, aristotle's teachings on happiness and the ups and downs to life really had an impact on me as well. so i'm conflicted here between 4 and 9.

also, i consider myself to be pretty self involved (like a 4). but, if someone needs help, i don't hesitate. but i don't think it's quite to the degree of a 2, where i put others needs above my own. i'm quite aware of my own needs as well, and if i feel someone is intruding in on my space, i will lash out. but, say for example, a friend calls me in the middle of the night... be it for a ride or someone to talk to, i'll be there in a heartbeat. but i think this is just what good and unselfish people do. not to mention, my friends would typically return the favor.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm the same way... The only major issue I have with 9 is that "too willing" statement... But like MBTI, it fits me the best... So I figure I've just learned not to succumb just to keep the harmony... That you can't always have harmony 100% of the time.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i also feel as though seeming like a 9 or a 2 might fit along with the 4w5 dynamic. ...a preference for finding/est my identity and seeking knowledge may have been what led me towards the ideas of finding peace. and being an ISFP, desire for practicality and having a healthy Fi has led me to seem to fit the idea of a 2 as well. but i read somewhere, some unhealthy 9's may confuse their selves with type 4 or 5.

Like I said :), it's fairly common for a 9 to mistype themselves as a 4, 5, or 2 than it is the other way around.

http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e142...er_op=view_page&PAGE_id=12&MMN_position=36:36

Nines and Twos can easily mistype. It is especially the case that female Nines who are identified with a nurturing role might mistake themselves for Twos. Both types tend to be generous and oriented towards feelings and relationships. Nines, however, are truly humble and generally self-effacing, whereas Twos tend to have a high opinion of themselves and tend to want to receive recognition for their good deeds. Twos are also far more aggressive when pushed than are Nines who characteristically withdraw under stress.

Nines and Fours can both be sensitive, creative, withdrawn and introverted and for these reasons can cross-type, although it is generally the Nine who mistypes as a Four or who is mistyped as a Four by others on the basis of these similarities. Nines, in particular, sometimes recognize that they are far less happy than they let on, and many Nines feel inadequate when depressed; they therefore think they must be Fours. The internal landscape of Fours is much darker than that of Nines however, who tend to see the best in others and who characteristically detach from strong emotions, especially strong unpleasant emotions. Nines are also not in search of an authentic self or the proper presentation of that self; they are generally somewhat oblivious to these concerns. Finally, Nines tend to relate well to a greater variety of people than do Fours, who often feel like misfits.

Nines and Fives are both withdrawn types and many Nines are systematic thinkers and intellectuals, therefore there are some commonalities which might generate a mistype. It is generally Nines who mistake themselves or are mistaken by others as Fives; Fives almost never mistype as Nines. One of the principle differences lies in their approach to thought. Nines tend to look for thought systems which offer some sense of harmony; Fives are attracted to what disturbs them and often embrace or struggle against nihilism. Nines relate well to a wide variety of people; Fives to only a few.

i feel as though this sounds like me... however, i don't know that my key motivation in life is creating harmony.

I've actually created disharmony. Disharmony isn't always bad. In fact, it can be better than wanting harmony.

Voicing opinions, etc, isn't as bad as it sounds. That's what a 9 generally needs to learn.

One of the things that people in real life repeatedly tell me to be is to be more assertive. Say what I need to say, even if it means that others get mad.

Sunny Ghost

how was the enneagram started or developed, anywho? i suppose to become interested more in this stuff, i need background info and history.

Goosebump

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
I'm a 9 who had mistaken herself for a 5, 4, and 6. Finally settle down to 9w8.

Sunny Ghost

i'm seriously stuck between 4 and 9 now.

anyone have good information about 9w1 and 9w8??

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The most common: the 9
Commons: 4, 6w7, 7w6
Quite commons: 2, 6w5, 7w8
Quite uncomon: 1, 3, 5
The rarest: the 8

KDude

7w6 ISFP is just an extrovert who took a test when they were depressed, and didn't bother to double check. You can't be both.

wolfy

awsm
You reckon? Does seem like that, I do relate to seven though.

KDude

You reckon? Does seem like that, I do relate to seven though.

7's are more responsive towards outside stimuli/experiences, and don't prioritize an introspective take like a Fi or Ti dom would. All Enneagram types have "flaws" they must work on, and 7's are advised to be more balanced in this other area. But the fact that they need to work on it wouldn't make sense if their MBTI type was an introvert. That's what introverts already do (and they have their flaws in that respect).

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are wrong. ISxP can totally be 7: Brad Pitt, Steven Spielberg, Mozart, Barbara Streisand, Marie-Antoinette, Jacky Chan, Zohan from You don't mess with the Zohan, Tintin or Alladin (and probably Jeffster also) are type 7 ISFPs, and they is tons of others examples. ISFPs tend just more to be 7w6 because they hardly share the power issues of 7w8, but there's also many ISFP 7w8. Cher and mick Jagger, for example, are ISFP 7w8 Sx/So.

7w6 are not more dispressed than 7w8.

KDude

You are wrong. ISxP can totally be 7: Brad Pitt, Steven Spielberg, Mozart, Barbara Streisand, Marie-Antoinette, Jacky Chan, Zohan from You don't mess with the Zohan, Tintin or Alladin (and probably Jeffster also) are type 7 ISFPs, and they is tons of others examples. ISFPs tend just more to be 7w6 because they hardly share the power issues of 7w8, but there's also many ISFP 7w8. Cher and mick Jagger, for example, are ISFP 7w8 Sx/So.

7w6 are not more dispressed than 7w8.

I didn't say 7w6 was depressed. I'm saying someone who tested as a 7w6 and maintains ISFP needs to make a new choice on one or the other. All that tells me is that they were going through something that skewed the results on one of those tests. You can't be dominant introverted judgement, and then be a completely opposite enneagram type with that level of an external/novelistic orientation.

From the Enneagram Institute:
Sevens are readily excited by the environment: they respond to stimuli strongly, throwing themselves into the world of experience with enormous vitality. It is worth noting that, unlike Fives, Sevens’ thoughts are primarily focused on this world and on the things they want to do in it. Thinking about their possibilities and future activities makes them feel good, and wards off potentially painful emotions and anxiety. Sevens react to everything with such immediacy—so much so that whatever they do rapidly leads to more exciting ideas and consequently, more doing.

Experience is their guide to life. Sevens are at home among the tastes, colors, sounds, and textures of the material world. Their identities and self-esteem depend on their obtaining a steady stream of stimulating ideas and impressions. Their personality traits, their defense mechanisms, and their motivations all reflect the fact that to Sevens everything desirable exists outside of themselves in the world of things and experiences. Sevens therefore have very little interest in what they cannot immediately sense. Generally speaking, they are neither profoundly introspective nor especially person-oriented. Instead, they are experience-oriented—extroverted, practical, and urbane. They feel that the world exists for their enjoyment, and that it is up to them to get what they want for themselves.

From oceanmoonshine.net
Sevens are essentially fear types who are in flight from pain, always striving to remain one step ahead of their inner demons. But such is the case. There is a sort of existential claustrophobia at the heart of enneatype Seven. They sense that the walls are always just about to close in. They therefore develop strategies for escape. These strategies are primarily mental, and Sevens, like Fives and Sixes, are fixated in the mental center. Sevens are full of plans for the future, exciting ideas, original thoughts and unusual attitudes. They like to fantasize and conceptualize, but as soon as they attempt to work through the fine details of their ideas or plans, they tend to feel constrained. To escape this feeling of constraint, Sevens push forward into action. They look outside themselves for their means of escape.

For this reason, Sevens are the most energetic and active of the enneatypes. They tend towards extroversion, generally know lots of people, and are especially fond of collecting those they find unusual, entertaining or stimulating. Sevens also tend to be impulsive. [..]As Sevens are essentially afraid of being overpowered by negative states of mind, they seek their distraction in the external world and generally excel at multi-tasking and adventure seeking. They can frequently be counted on to bring energy and excitement to situations which have begun to grow stale.

Sunny Ghost

I didn't say 7w6 was depressed. I'm saying someone who tested as a 7w6 and maintains ISFP needs to make a new choice on one or the other. All that tells me is that they were going through something that skewed the results on one of those tests. You can't be dominant introverted judgement, and then be a completely opposite enneagram type with that level of an external/novelistic orientation.

From the Enneagram Institute:

From oceanmoonshine.net

if you're SP, i think you can.

i personally know people who are ISFP's who are at the same time "party" types. they're still quiet natured and introverted, sensitive and the like... but their auxiliary Se makes them want to be where the action is.

Sunny Ghost

i mean... i'm an ISFP... most likely a 4w5... i don't know much about type 7's, but it seems like they are the party going or adventurous types, no? and i think i can relate to this as well. everyone always says that ISFP's are the most extroverted of the introverts. Se loves action, and their impulses, experiences... i don't see why an ISFP couldn't be a 7. i love my alone time... i prefer to think before i act... but Se will sometimes have me do the opposite. sometimes i act before i think. i go to lots of parties. i hit the bars regularly. i have many many friends or acquaintances. i love meeting unique people. and i can see how even in all of this, i'm still an ISFP. Fi makes you want to connect with people, and we often reach out to people whom are different, or outcast, or counterculture, etc.

KDude

if you're SP, i think you can.

i personally know people who are ISFP's who are at the same time "party" types. they're still quiet natured and introverted, sensitive and the like... but their auxiliary Se makes them want to be where the action is.

I'm not saying an ISFP can't party. I'm just talking about the difference in the way an ISFP is selective in their experiences and interests. Instead of valuing the outside in a 7 way, they would first toss about what personally works for them instead. Don't think of Fi in terms of feelings or sensitivity for a second. What it is is introverted judgement. And 7 easily corresponds with extroverted perciever traits, not introverted judgement. This is all I'm trying to get at. You can't be one in one system and something in the other. The same dominant orientation should reflect in both mbti and enneagram.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To have a judging function as dominant function does'nt mean you are more selective or that you adhere to a rigid moral code. ISFPs 7 are just 7s who ae more prone to seek stimulation alone first and to be opened to peoples next. The Fi-dom means that they are primarly concerned with what they likes, and want to live it in a concrete way. They use their Fi to embelish realty and intensify their pleasure. They are more daydreamer and quiet than ESFPs, but that does'nt mean they can be 7. Tons of ISFPs are 7s, that's a fact. Reality proof that you are definetly wrong.

KDude

I didn't say anything about morality. I said introverted judgement. It doesn't matter if you think of it in terms of Ti or Fi. It's going to be more discretionary either way. There's even a reason why ISFPs or ISTPs get stereotypical labels like "artist" and "mechanic" that differientiate them from their extroverted counterparts. It illustrates their "pickier" decision making process and inclination to turn inwards and contemplate on what's more congruent for them personally, and why they would withdraw from things more often rather than be the enthusiasts.

If someone identifies with 7 descriptions like below, they are extroverts.

Their personality traits, their defense mechanisms, and their motivations all reflect the fact that to Sevens everything desirable exists outside of themselves in the world of things and experiences. Generally speaking, they are neither profoundly introspective nor especially person-oriented. Instead, they are experience-oriented—extroverted, practical, and urbane.

As Sevens are essentially afraid of being overpowered by negative states of mind, they seek their distraction in the external world.

And just because someone is a sensor doesn't enable them to defy all the definitions, where ISFPs live out like they're actually more Se and barely Fi. If someone insisted on that, they are ESFP. It's not that hard to understand. Se dominant means ESP.

And there aren't "tons" of ISFP 7s. There's only one here, for example, and that's Jeffster - and a lot of people question his type. Even he once said that he hates "Ni" and think it's "everything that's wrong with the world". That's the kind of weird, kneejerk reaction someone has to their inferior. ISFPs don't think like that. Most of the time, Ni lends to their creativity. They don't hate it, especially when they're in their 30s like he is.