User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 47

  1. #31

    Default

    You reckon? Does seem like that, I do relate to seven though.

  2. #32
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goosebump View Post
    IndyAnnaJoan, I find this article quite helpful

    http://personalitycafe.com/type-9-fo...its-wings.html
    thank you! but... still no luck. still stuck.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  3. #33
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    You reckon? Does seem like that, I do relate to seven though.
    7's are more responsive towards outside stimuli/experiences, and don't prioritize an introspective take like a Fi or Ti dom would. All Enneagram types have "flaws" they must work on, and 7's are advised to be more balanced in this other area. But the fact that they need to work on it wouldn't make sense if their MBTI type was an introvert. That's what introverts already do (and they have their flaws in that respect).

  4. #34
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    You are wrong. ISxP can totally be 7: Brad Pitt, Steven Spielberg, Mozart, Barbara Streisand, Marie-Antoinette, Jacky Chan, Zohan from You don't mess with the Zohan, Tintin or Alladin (and probably Jeffster also) are type 7 ISFPs, and they is tons of others examples. ISFPs tend just more to be 7w6 because they hardly share the power issues of 7w8, but there's also many ISFP 7w8. Cher and mick Jagger, for example, are ISFP 7w8 Sx/So.

    7w6 are not more dispressed than 7w8.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  5. #35
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    You are wrong. ISxP can totally be 7: Brad Pitt, Steven Spielberg, Mozart, Barbara Streisand, Marie-Antoinette, Jacky Chan, Zohan from You don't mess with the Zohan, Tintin or Alladin (and probably Jeffster also) are type 7 ISFPs, and they is tons of others examples. ISFPs tend just more to be 7w6 because they hardly share the power issues of 7w8, but there's also many ISFP 7w8. Cher and mick Jagger, for example, are ISFP 7w8 Sx/So.

    7w6 are not more dispressed than 7w8.
    I didn't say 7w6 was depressed. I'm saying someone who tested as a 7w6 and maintains ISFP needs to make a new choice on one or the other. All that tells me is that they were going through something that skewed the results on one of those tests. You can't be dominant introverted judgement, and then be a completely opposite enneagram type with that level of an external/novelistic orientation.

    From the Enneagram Institute:
    Sevens are readily excited by the environment: they respond to stimuli strongly, throwing themselves into the world of experience with enormous vitality. It is worth noting that, unlike Fives, Sevens’ thoughts are primarily focused on this world and on the things they want to do in it. Thinking about their possibilities and future activities makes them feel good, and wards off potentially painful emotions and anxiety. Sevens react to everything with such immediacy—so much so that whatever they do rapidly leads to more exciting ideas and consequently, more doing.

    Experience is their guide to life. Sevens are at home among the tastes, colors, sounds, and textures of the material world. Their identities and self-esteem depend on their obtaining a steady stream of stimulating ideas and impressions. Their personality traits, their defense mechanisms, and their motivations all reflect the fact that to Sevens everything desirable exists outside of themselves in the world of things and experiences. Sevens therefore have very little interest in what they cannot immediately sense. Generally speaking, they are neither profoundly introspective nor especially person-oriented. Instead, they are experience-oriented—extroverted, practical, and urbane. They feel that the world exists for their enjoyment, and that it is up to them to get what they want for themselves.
    From oceanmoonshine.net
    Sevens are essentially fear types who are in flight from pain, always striving to remain one step ahead of their inner demons. But such is the case. There is a sort of existential claustrophobia at the heart of enneatype Seven. They sense that the walls are always just about to close in. They therefore develop strategies for escape. These strategies are primarily mental, and Sevens, like Fives and Sixes, are fixated in the mental center. Sevens are full of plans for the future, exciting ideas, original thoughts and unusual attitudes. They like to fantasize and conceptualize, but as soon as they attempt to work through the fine details of their ideas or plans, they tend to feel constrained. To escape this feeling of constraint, Sevens push forward into action. They look outside themselves for their means of escape.

    For this reason, Sevens are the most energetic and active of the enneatypes. They tend towards extroversion, generally know lots of people, and are especially fond of collecting those they find unusual, entertaining or stimulating. Sevens also tend to be impulsive. [..]As Sevens are essentially afraid of being overpowered by negative states of mind, they seek their distraction in the external world and generally excel at multi-tasking and adventure seeking. They can frequently be counted on to bring energy and excitement to situations which have begun to grow stale.

  6. #36
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I didn't say 7w6 was depressed. I'm saying someone who tested as a 7w6 and maintains ISFP needs to make a new choice on one or the other. All that tells me is that they were going through something that skewed the results on one of those tests. You can't be dominant introverted judgement, and then be a completely opposite enneagram type with that level of an external/novelistic orientation.

    From the Enneagram Institute:


    From oceanmoonshine.net
    if you're SP, i think you can.

    i personally know people who are ISFP's who are at the same time "party" types. they're still quiet natured and introverted, sensitive and the like... but their auxiliary Se makes them want to be where the action is.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  7. #37
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    i mean... i'm an ISFP... most likely a 4w5... i don't know much about type 7's, but it seems like they are the party going or adventurous types, no? and i think i can relate to this as well. everyone always says that ISFP's are the most extroverted of the introverts. Se loves action, and their impulses, experiences... i don't see why an ISFP couldn't be a 7. i love my alone time... i prefer to think before i act... but Se will sometimes have me do the opposite. sometimes i act before i think. i go to lots of parties. i hit the bars regularly. i have many many friends or acquaintances. i love meeting unique people. and i can see how even in all of this, i'm still an ISFP. Fi makes you want to connect with people, and we often reach out to people whom are different, or outcast, or counterculture, etc.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  8. #38
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    if you're SP, i think you can.

    i personally know people who are ISFP's who are at the same time "party" types. they're still quiet natured and introverted, sensitive and the like... but their auxiliary Se makes them want to be where the action is.
    I'm not saying an ISFP can't party. I'm just talking about the difference in the way an ISFP is selective in their experiences and interests. Instead of valuing the outside in a 7 way, they would first toss about what personally works for them instead. Don't think of Fi in terms of feelings or sensitivity for a second. What it is is introverted judgement. And 7 easily corresponds with extroverted perciever traits, not introverted judgement. This is all I'm trying to get at. You can't be one in one system and something in the other. The same dominant orientation should reflect in both mbti and enneagram.

  9. #39
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    To have a judging function as dominant function does'nt mean you are more selective or that you adhere to a rigid moral code. ISFPs 7 are just 7s who ae more prone to seek stimulation alone first and to be opened to peoples next. The Fi-dom means that they are primarly concerned with what they likes, and want to live it in a concrete way. They use their Fi to embelish realty and intensify their pleasure. They are more daydreamer and quiet than ESFPs, but that does'nt mean they can be 7. Tons of ISFPs are 7s, that's a fact. Reality proof that you are definetly wrong.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  10. #40
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    I didn't say anything about morality. I said introverted judgement. It doesn't matter if you think of it in terms of Ti or Fi. It's going to be more discretionary either way. There's even a reason why ISFPs or ISTPs get stereotypical labels like "artist" and "mechanic" that differientiate them from their extroverted counterparts. It illustrates their "pickier" decision making process and inclination to turn inwards and contemplate on what's more congruent for them personally, and why they would withdraw from things more often rather than be the enthusiasts.

    If someone identifies with 7 descriptions like below, they are extroverts.

    Their personality traits, their defense mechanisms, and their motivations all reflect the fact that to Sevens everything desirable exists outside of themselves in the world of things and experiences. Generally speaking, they are neither profoundly introspective nor especially person-oriented. Instead, they are experience-oriented—extroverted, practical, and urbane.

    As Sevens are essentially afraid of being overpowered by negative states of mind, they seek their distraction in the external world.


    And just because someone is a sensor doesn't enable them to defy all the definitions, where ISFPs live out like they're actually more Se and barely Fi. If someone insisted on that, they are ESFP. It's not that hard to understand. Se dominant means ESP.

    And there aren't "tons" of ISFP 7s. There's only one here, for example, and that's Jeffster - and a lot of people question his type. Even he once said that he hates "Ni" and think it's "everything that's wrong with the world". That's the kind of weird, kneejerk reaction someone has to their inferior. ISFPs don't think like that. Most of the time, Ni lends to their creativity. They don't hate it, especially when they're in their 30s like he is.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-17-2015, 12:33 AM
  2. What Enneagram Test Do You Use?
    By Trobon in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-15-2009, 11:29 PM
  3. [ISFP] What do these ISFP have in common?
    By wolfy in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 05:45 AM
  4. What type is most likely to fall in love?
    By Mole in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 12:14 PM
  5. what color do you wear most often?
    By file cabinet in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-10-2008, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO