• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram and Romantic Pairing

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you think there are complimentary pairs? For example, is is likely that an 8 and a 2 will end up together because the other person is in the direction of the integration/disintigration arrows?

Is it healthy to have such a pairing? Let's take the 8 and the 2. Is is good for the 8 (because 2 is a good direction) and bad for the 2 (because 8 is a bad direction).

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
5w4 seems to work the best with me. I like a guy who's got a hidden romantic side, but is brainy. Type 4s.. if they have a 5 wing, it'll work too. I love romanticism, and if a guy is kind of philosophical and artistic, it's attractive. Just as long as he isn't too off the beaten path. Sometimes I find myself fatally attracted to 2s. Not sure about type 1's, cos I've never dated them, but I think a 1w2 would work. 3w4's can be attractive too... kind of classy and ambitious types of guys. If I'm looking for someone powerful, I like 8s.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wish there were some good info on mbti compatability besides the socionics thing. i don't really think it's very good.

I agree

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
I'm a 6 work best with ones and the gut traid-ers in general.

In terms of pure chemistry, sx/sp NT 5's FOR SURE. But it never works out. They turn out being really bad for me.

Sunny Ghost

Here more abut all possble combinations and how they work.

Enneagram compatibility

you know... i never really tried to enneagram type people i know... but i realized reading this that my ex was an enneagram 4 just like me. our relationship was exactly as it described a double 4 relationship to be. no wonder we kept coming back to each other even though it was obvious the relationship wouldn't work. ::sigh::

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my imagination argues that my ideal type is 7w6 so/sx and/or sx/so. i also like 7w8 so/sx types i think. so refreshing, so decisive, so shhhhhhhhh, you're being too much. personal responsibility, etc.

the withdrawn types, of course, i just get. i'm not sure how it would work romantically with a 4w5. i have a lot of friends of this type. i met a french 4w5 infp sx/sp girl who stirred me up quite intensely. so challenging, so bold, so decisive, so committed. i have more immediate chemistry with 9w1s tho, their emotional generosity, like 7w6s, helps get me going, like a kite that needs some momentum to get off the ground. the glow is unique, and my place in their emotional thought bubble i recognize, see, appreciate, my little space so endearing to them in their cartoon. 4w5 is more of an aesthetic connection, less directly affirming but, at the same time, a sense of agreement that this is what life is about, that this is what we've been chasing after for all this goddamned time. real! authentic! purpose! the unique self! conflict! ahhhhhh, it feels great.

not necessarily romantically, but i have a strange sympatico symbiotic feeling with 1w2 especially so/sx. the sense of humor overlaps, the boundaries are perfectly inappropriate in an exacting way, the absurdity of life is fair game and nothing is too dark. oh you lowly people, might we mock you for just a moment? including ourselves. the same critical process, just focused on practical reason vs theoretical reason. i could use some grounding, some ethical solidity, some standards. not just that ever-elusive knowledge.

as an sx/sp, so/sx is just relaxing. i had a conversation with an entp 7w8 sx/so today for 3 hours, and it made me tired afterwards (bc i felt like i was playing poker with michael jordan all night and neither of us would quit). it's great, and for a moment i believed we might solve the riddles of the sphinx and all other social problems, but balance. balance!

3w4 intrigues me. but sometimes the polarities get fucked up and it's all repulsion and the sense of meanness terrifies me in both directions of this two-way street. i've had one internal combustion in this array before. sorry, you. afraid, but sincere, but guarded, but in your way. i see it in you too.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I think I fare best with 9w1.

Edasich

Enneagram
4w5
4w5 sx/sp with a 5w4 (either sx/sp or sp/sx.......he seems such a mix of both those two)

melikey :) I have to say, for the sane ones, I sure love them fives :)

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm 4w5 and I'm with a 6. Everything is great as long as you have fun according to the rules. The mindest really reminds me of Monica from Friends: 'Rules help control the fun!' :chillpill:

Other than that, it's good. I enjoy having someone around who thinks about practical things. As long as thing stay the right side of bossy, we have a lot of fun.

Sunny Ghost

4w5 sx/sp with a 5w4 (either sx/sp or sp/sx.......he seems such a mix of both those two)

melikey :) I have to say, for the sane ones, I sure love them fives :)

sounds like my ideal relationship... :wubbie:

after reading the list of pairings, i was most fond of the romantic pairing of a 4 with a 5.

Pand0ra

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Am a 4 currently paired with a 7. It would seem opposites attract sometimes. We certainly give each other a lot to think about.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
7's could be real fun to be with! Now that you guys mention it, 6 could be pretty cool too. I gotta admit, I'm afraid of the communication errors between enneagram types, more so than with MBTI. Some things people get anxious over I think are just silly. I couldn't even imagine what it'll be like dating someone like that.

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Some things people get anxious over I think are just silly. I couldn't even imagine what it'll be like dating someone like that.

Let me give you a little insight:

6 appears to be needlessly neurotic in my eyes. To 6, my ephemeral, ethereal 4ness is simply too much to consume: there is a strong desire to regulate my capricious nature because there is the perceived risk that a problem may one day arise to which I will have no answer. 6s seem to have a little difficulty in "just letting go" because they seem intent on planning as far ahead as possible. I, personally, cannot plan for any longer than about 6 months - to me, there's little point, since everything could change tomorrow; life is in constant flux.

The key is negotiating the over-regulation of the 6 (towards the 4) and the 4's desire to daydream and forget about the boring details of life. If it's possible to meet in the middle, then I think it would be a good pairing.

N.B. This 6 is also an ENFJ so, theoretically, an ENFP + ENFJ match-up may result in fewer Fi/Fe clashes...

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Let me give you a little insight:

6 appears to be needlessly neurotic in my eyes. To 6, my ephemeral, ethereal 4ness is simply too much to consume: there is a strong desire to regulate my capricious nature because there is the perceived risk that a problem may one day arise to which I will have no answer. 6s seem to have a little difficulty in "just letting go" because they seem intent on planning as far ahead as possible. I, personally, cannot plan for any longer than about 6 months - to me, there's little point, since everything could change tomorrow; life is in constant flux.

The key is negotiating the over-regulation of the 6 (towards the 4) and the 4's desire to daydream and forget about the boring details of life. If it's possible to meet in the middle, then I think it would be a good pairing.

N.B. This 6 is also an ENFJ so, theoretically, an ENFP + ENFJ match-up may result in fewer Fi/Fe clashes...

I think some 6's are better than others. The problem with this line of thinking is, truth be told, all the different types can piss me off in ways similar to this :D. 1's and 8's can be too aggro, 2's and 9's can be too hollow, 6's can worry too much, 3's can be too egotistical, relationships between 4's mean that neither feel special, 5's don't get my touchy-feely-nesss... guess there's still the 7's left? :shrug:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
ENFP type 8 wiith Anything is a good match!. :3 In my unbias opinion.