User Tag List

First 456

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I'm wary of type matching. I'm even more skeptical of the supposed lines of integration and disintegration. I don't imagine anything is particularly wrong with an 8 being with a 2.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I'm wary of type matching. I'm even more skeptical of the supposed lines of integration and disintegration. I don't imagine anything is particularly wrong with an 8 being with a 2.
    i prefer the tom condon approach of the "high side" and the "low side" of the points in the enneagram you are connected to. it may be more natural to fall in one direction, but i get a ton of life help from e7s. our intersections can reinforce some of both of our stubborn tendencies (both seem very resistant to being controlled, to not following our own paths, to having trouble saying no to a world full of possibilities), perhaps, but it also helps me see what aspects of the e7 strategy are positive and what are negative, because usually they've figured a whole lot of shit about that out.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Fatally attracted to 7's.

- INTJ 5w4

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    6w5.. Goes very well, it seems with 4w5.. Both the 4 and 6 have a need to connect to each other while maintaining a strong sense of individuality .. Their 5 wings temper their emotions with a cool objectivity and a need to solve problems that might exist between them.
    Emotional, intellectual, sexual and artistic connection.
    Even when things go bad.. their behaviors are easy to understand because they look very similar and actually are.

I will consider 4w5 perhaps, from here on in. As my actual dealings with those types portray the most natural affinity for each other.

The key is always how you deal with conflict, not how you deal with the happy moments..
    I think this mirrors my own relationship. The only clashes seem to centre upon being too uptight/relaxed.
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'm fairly sure I'm an 8w9 paired with a 9 and that seems to be an overwhelmingly popular match up for 8's. It makes sense though, 9's are the safe harbor, the soothing calm, the one who stopped me from calling the car salesman a giant douchebag a few week ago.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I'm fairly sure I'm an 8w9 paired with a 9 and that seems to be an overwhelmingly popular match up for 8's. It makes sense though, 9's are the safe harbor, the soothing calm, the one who stopped me from calling the car salesman a giant douchebag a few week ago.
    Well, the figures I've seen is that type 8 women go for type 9 men a lot, and almost never type 2s. But type 8 males tend to go for type 2 females. I don't know the validity of that claim, but that's what I've always read.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

I'd avoid any assumptions when they're defined by enneagram. Enneagram appears to be a shaping mechanism.