User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    He's more of a peacemaker, and actually has told me he sees it as one of his strengths - being able to see various sides (such as in his job - navigating tech and business realms successfully and communicating effectively to both). But definitely has a more forceful (I don't really mean that in a negative way)/impactful (?) presence than I. Viewed as possibly intimidating (to certain types) / a force to be reckoned with, I think, in the business world.

Edit -eh, now I'm not sure. He's definitely not afraid to challenge and will do that. But he's also pretty diplomatic and such.
    It's possible to peace make as an 8w7 but it's more of a learned process of detaching from instinctual reactions. He should take some enneagram tests which might help to narrow it down for him.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I like 2s One of my best friends is a 2 (I think), and an ENFJ.

The relationship is built around shared values: both are on a path of some kind together. Twos bring the nurturing and feelings that Ones do not easily allow themselves: they help Ones soften and relax. On the other hand, Ones bring integrity, conscientiousness, responsibility, and consistency. They are steady, reliable, and truthful. Ones commit strongly which makes the Two feel secure and that they won't be abandoned. Further, Twos bring warmth, a concern with people and a willingness to make exceptions to the rule for individuals in need. They are aware of suffering and work hard and generously to alleviate it wherever they can. Twos are more convivial and welcoming than Ones and can warm up the One's more typically reserved exterior—which most Ones are glad to have happen.
    This is what I have with my ENFJ friend, and this is probably my ideal in a relationship, i.e. what I would really really like to happen
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Being a 4, I sometimes attract 7s (of the SP variety), and we clique at first over similar interests, but because I have a heavy 5 wing they begin to overwhelm me and often don't have enough of an intellectual streak for me (and I have too much of one for them ).

I think a 1 might be great for me, but I wonder if it's one of those pairings that would be more beneficial for me than for the guy. I suppose as a 4 I could bring that touch of whimsy and spontaneity to the relationship, but I don't know how much a 1 is even seeking that.... As long as the 3 isn't too full of BS, I think a 3 would be amazing. An ENFJ 3w4 just might be my fantasy ideal :P. 2s & 6s seem like they could smother or cage me, and I don't want that. Maybe a counter-phobic 6 would work, depending on their MBTI type.

I think a 4w5 or 5w4 for a relationship would be too similar for the long haul. I've dealt with a few INTP 5w4s and it never ends well. We're both just too moody, but the initial connection is pretty strong and exciting.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Being a 4, I sometimes attract 7s (of the SP variety), and we clique at first over similar interests, but because I have a heavy 5 wing they begin to overwhelm me and often don't have enough of an intellectual streak for me (and I have too much of one for them ).
    I believe we are often mistaken as being extremely non-intellectual. We learn quite early that being intellectual is generally not considered as "fun", and being fun is something we care a lot about...

Obviously some 7s are just not intellectualy per se, so perhaps that's your case.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

this is my interpretation of the entp 7s i know. the 7s at least (the e3 entps are different) have a language that is fun, functional, and extremely simple. and they're very against embodying discourse for the sake of embodying it. they don't like internalizing declaratively (think inferior Si), it has to be through Ti and it had damn well better have a pragmatic reason, as knowledge is measured by what's false based on a specific puzzle or storyline that one has begun trying to systematically build.

i find some of them very intellectual. it depends if they're matured to pick a few systems that they want to build. the depth is in Ti. but it's still so broad and fluid enough to meet their generalist sensibilities, which is when they really start to get awesome for me.

i haven't met as many intellectual enfp 7s. the relationship to knowledge is often fuzzier, and the intense curiosity is guided more towards practical action??? (i don't know, like a faith-building process which then turns into Te, vs the searching for knowledge of what's false like Ti does in order to systematize). but, with that said, one of the most engaging intellectual conversations i've ever had was with an enfp 7w6 sx/so. really brilliant and charismatic speaker, and he's picked his problem and done the work. same kind of thing as the entp system building. you need a few specialized domains to keep calling you back (e7 --> e5), even if you'll always be more of a generalist.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I actually like the way the 3 sounds. Fancy fancy fancy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I believe we are often mistaken as being extremely non-intellectual. We learn quite early that being intellectual is generally not considered as "fun", and being fun is something we care a lot about...

Obviously some 7s are just not intellectualy per se, so perhaps that's your case.
    I'm thinking of ESxP 7s mainly. Although I'm pretty sure my ENTP dad is a 7w6 and he is not what I'd call "intellectual" (although he's extremely book smart). It's funny because, he does value it, just as these SPs admire it, but it doesn't hold their attention.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

It ain't about what you know, its about how you make use of it. Learn a lil spanish, get a cute spanish girl to give you a kiss.

Besarme

MBTI
    INTe

Learn MOAR spanish. It's besame.

Anyhow, I gravitate towards 4s, but they often eventually annoy me.
    5w6.

brainheart

I'm a 4 whose been with the same 7 for fifteen years now. I tend to be initially attracted to other fours but then as I get to know them we tend to have a very sibling-esque relationship- we relate a little too well. I think soul mates make better friends than lovers.