• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Most common and most rare enneatype?

Chloe

so what do u think whats most common etype?

id say 6, definately. After that 1,3,9 are in top 4:/

the rarest -> 5 & 2. women often mistype as 2s, i think. or it appears rare to me bc
they arent really prone to working on themselves so not much of 2s online.:/ i am not sure i ever met a 2!

5s because of a few INs in general.

I apologize to all 4s for leaving them out of the least common types list.. but the thing is that 4 is quite common, even among SJs not that rare as people think:)

So, what do you think?

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
6's are definitely the most common. Afterwards, I'd say it goes like this for me:

4 > 5 > 7 > 8 > 3 > 9 > 2 > 1

Don't meet a lot of 1's or 2's where I live. Either that, or I'm getting 7's confused with 2's.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I don't think 2s are rare at all...although I'd agree that 4 isn't as rare as they'd wish it to be. Ironic, considering the desire of the type [uniqueness and individuality]. I'd say it's between 5, 7, and 8.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Sorry.. To quote Robert A Heinlein ~ "If it can’t be expressed in figures, it is not science; it is opinion."

http://www.9types.com/writeup/enneagram_marriages.html

Scroll to the bottom :)

Females

Type 2 - 20%
Type 6 - 16%
Type 1 - 15%
Type 9 - 14%
Type 4 - 12%
Type 7 - 8%
Type 8 - 7%
Type 3 - 5%
Type 5 - 4%

Males

Type 9 - 19%
Type 8 - 17%
Type 5 - 15%
Type 1 - 13%
Type 6 - 13%
Type 7 - 8%
Type 3 - 6%
Type 4 - 6%
Type 2 - 4%

Enjoy :D

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sorry.. To quote Robert A Heinlein ~ "If it can’t be expressed in figures, it is not science; it is opinion."

http://www.9types.com/writeup/enneagram_marriages.html

Scroll to the bottom :)

Females

Type 2 - 20%
Type 6 - 16%
Type 1 - 15%
Type 9 - 14%
Type 4 - 12%
Type 7 - 8%
Type 8 - 7%
Type 3 - 5%
Type 5 - 4%

Males

Type 9 - 19%
Type 8 - 17%
Type 5 - 15%
Type 1 - 13%
Type 6 - 13%
Type 7 - 8%
Type 3 - 6%
Type 4 - 6%
Type 2 - 4%

Enjoy :D

There are "lies, damn lies, and statistics." :tongue10:

It is kind of strange considering most that test as 9's or end up being 9's are IXXPs.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
^Or ISTJs. There is no shortage of ISTJs males out there.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Yes. But there are still a lot of 9s too. Let's not forget these statistics are probably based on americans too.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes. But there are still a lot of 9s too. Let's not forget these statistics are probably based on americans too.

Yep, the statistics I brought were also American(or more likely.) Which there were undeniably more 1s, 2s, and 5s.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Females

Type 2 - 20%
Type 6 - 16%
Type 1 - 15%
Type 9 - 14%
Type 4 - 12%
Type 7 - 8%
Type 8 - 7%
Type 3 - 5%
Type 5 - 4%

Interesting that 5 is the rarest female type, since I am under the impression that I am enneagram type 5.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
First, note that only couples were included, so that if particular enneagram types correlate with being single then they would be under-represented in this study.

Secondly, the page doesn't describe how the couples were selected. So it's also possible that self-selection skewed results as well.

Finally, as the page itself points out, there really aren't good validated enneagram instruments. Therefore, the results rely on self-typing which can also be problematic.

Still food for thought, though. The more/less frequent couple combinations are interesting.

rav3n

Married couples represent under 60% of the population over the age of 18.

Chloe

If that are numbers for married couples it explains well why it showa that E2 is most common for women, which is absolutely not true! I mean basic fix of a 2 is to be in a relationship. and every woman is expected from culture to be a 2, so our mothers were faking 2s for centuries. Male statistics seems to be ven more messed up - i mean 5 in top 3? 80+% of 5s are INs who make about less than 5% of population.
And 9 as most common for men?:D yeah men, so peaceful creatures:D

I watched one Maitri's interview where she typed nations
she said
USA / mainly 3 but mix between 3 & 1
UK: mix between 4 & 1
Germany : 6

First, note that only couples were included, so that if particular enneagram types correlate with being single then they would be under-represented in this study.

Secondly, the page doesn't describe how the couples were selected. So it's also possible that self-selection skewed results as well.

Finally, as the page itself points out, there really aren't good validated enneagram instruments. Therefore, the results rely on self-typing which can also be problematic.

Still food for thought, though. The more/less frequent couple combinations are interesting.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I'll agree with mistyping as 2 way too frequently.. I could definitely see 4 or 3 to be more common than 2.. but :shrug:

If 8s are rare with females, it would explain a lot of the misunderstandings I've come across in life socially.

Chloe

^^ yeah 8 women are vey intimidating to most people.

4.* People marry along a line of integration 38% more often than chance.* For example, 7-1 and 3-6 marriages were common, as were male 2s-female 4s, male 3s-female 9s, and several other such combinations.

i can definately see this... I really think I can learn the most from 6s.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Aren't xSFJs often enneagram 2? SFJs are most common MBTI type for women. I am not surprised to see 2s as the most common enneagram for women either. I don't doubt many mistype as 2, but then, many may mistype as other types also. In which case, there may be no accurate way to measure this....

It seems to me, 6, 3 & 9 types are more common in reality than they appear on message boards like this (where 4s & 5s are greatly over-represented). Considering that 3 & 6 are often said to have the most "unflattering" profiles, many might mistype as something else also.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It seems to me, 6, 3 & 9 types are more common in reality than they appear on message boards like this (where 4s & 5s are greatly over-represented). Considering that 3 & 6 are often said to have the most "unflattering" profiles, many might mistype as something else also.

Or more common when it comes to marriages? :D

I still would think 6 and 9 (maybe 3 also) would be harder to pinpoint? I mean, I've thought of myself as a 4w5 and 5w4 a while back when I took the enneagram, but it took me a bit to find that 4's and 5's sounded off to me. The descriptions of both worked but... felt kind of like extremes.

momof3

MBTI Type
enfj
Enneagram
Interesting that 5 is the rarest female type, since I am under the impression that I am enneagram type 5.

As a female Type 3, I am thinking the same thing. Evidently there are a lot of female 3s in denial out there! :newwink:

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Well I think 8w9's are tied for the rarest in the whats your enneagram poll over in that other thread.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most common: 6w7
Least: probably 8w9.