• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Most common and most rare enneatype?

Chloe

As a female Type 3, I am thinking the same thing. Evidently there are a lot of female 3s in denial out there! :newwink:

Me too!! Definately a lot of F & E3 women mistype as 2s (or 9s..NF as 4s)

Chloe

If you don't mind me asking, why would this be?

Well most people dont expect from women to be so territorial

Personally 8s are the type I admire the most, even though I still wasnt close enough to 8 to get burned so...:D

rav3n

Well most people dont expect from women to be so territorial

Personally 8s are the type I admire the most, even though I still wasnt close enough to 8 to get burned so...:D
That's an interesting way to describe it so thanks for your response.

People need to understand that we 8's only want your first born. Not much to ask for. :devil:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
as far as types go, I would guess the the most common enneagram/mbti combinations would be
ISTJ: 1,6
ISFJ: 2,3,6
ESFJ: 2,6
ESTJ: 1,3,6
ESFP: 7,6,9
ISFP: 4,7,9
ESTP: 3,7,8
ISTP: 5,7,8,9
ENFJ: 1,2,4,6,8
INFJ: 1,2,4,5
ENFP: 4,7,9
INFP: 1,4,9
ENTP: 5,7,9
INTP: 5
INTJ: 5
ENTJ: 3,5,8

SJ: 1,3,6
SP: 3,6,9
NF: 4
NT: 5

LittleFoot

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
as far as types go, I would guess the the most common enneagram/mbti combinations would be
ISTJ: 1,6
ISFJ: 2,3,6
ESFJ: 2,6
ESTJ: 1,3,6
ESFP: 7,6,9
ISFP: 4,7,9
ESTP: 3,7,8
ISTP: 5,7,8,9
ENFJ: 1,2,4,6,8
INFJ: 1,2,4,5
ENFP: 4,7,9
INFP: 1,4,9
ENTP: 5,7,9
INTP: 5
INTJ: 5
ENTJ: 3,5,8

SJ: 1,3,6
SP: 3,6,9
NF: 4
NT: 5

As a newbie, it is always fascinating to me when someone can accurately match this :D (from ENTP type 7)

Brains

MBTI Types, list incomplete:

ENTP: 7, 6. 2, 3 make sense.
ENTJ: 3, 1, cp6, 8
ENFP: 7, 6, 8, 2
ENFJ: 3, 2, 1, (8)
ESTJ: 8, 3, 6, 1
ESFJ: 2, 9, 6, 1
ESTP: 7, 8, 3
ESFP: 7, 4, 3, 8
INTP: 5, 6, 9, 7
INTJ: 1, 8, 5, 3, (6)
INFP: 4, 6, 9
INFJ: 6, 4, 1, 5, 9
ISTJ: 6, 1, 5
ISFJ: 2, 6, 9, 3, 1
ISTP: 6, 5, 9, 3, 7,
ISFP: 4, 9, 6, 7

Brains

4w3

Honestly I don't know, though. Are there any statistics anywhere?

No good ones. Mistyping is absolutely rampant on forums, with added sample self-selection => whatever statistical methods you apply, you put shit in, you get shit out. Basically, you're more likely to get an answer to "what people identify as / find desirable" than "what people actually are". Try typing an SJ who thinks they're an NT as SJ or the classic 6 thinking they're 8 and see how far you get.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
4's are quite common out in the world, and they are either the most common, or second most common on this website.
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] did a compilation of type populations a few months back.

But it's NF's that frequently type as them the most, are they not? I don't know if I believe that.

I would have always thought like in the link I posted, 8's, 7's, and 6'th, maybe even 3's (western ideal after all)

NF's are a bit rarer then other types of the general population, and it usually is the IN's who test as them, so I don't altogether believe that :mellow:

I don't think many people care about individuality that much. I mean, if you go to a typical bohemian or art district, then that may be one of the more common types you'd find, but certainty not in the regular populace.

And as far as mistyping, like [MENTION=27416]Brains[/MENTION] said, I have wondered if many people have mistyped, but it's hard to say given that I imagine the MBTI itself is far from a perfect measuring tool or complete and comprehensive way of understanding human nature.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9?
Instinctual Variant
sp
Attachment types are supposed to be the most common, something like 6 > 9 > 3 then after that, it's pretty uncertain.

Mistyping, self-selection, and general obscurity of personality typology probably makes those measurements even harder.

Also, what's with all the people talking about Four being a really common type? Maybe it's the stereotypes making that in particular sound weird.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
4's would probably like to think they're the least common, eh? :tongue10: But I don't think they are.

Most common...6 or 9?

Brains

And as far as mistyping, like [MENTION=27416]Brains[/MENTION] said, I have wondered if many people have mistyped, but it's hard to say given that I imagine the MBTI itself is far from a perfect measuring tool or complete and comprehensive way of understanding human nature.

MBTI test itself is bad as far as I'm concerned. It measures things A B C and D, then cuts the results in half and directs people to look for which side they land on instead of what is stable in their results (like a Big 5 instrument would) so you get a ton of fluctuation. Worse, they direct the test taker to a type profile that doesn't actually describe the kind of personality needed to get to the profile but something from Jungian or Keirsey roots that corresponds to the type code, which is something completely different.

Jungian typology itself I've found to be a good way to categorize most people, but most people also misunderstand it horribly, usually willingly because they deem some types more desirable than others and try to be those types. People are also generally fascinated by their lesser functions so you get stuff like meek ISFJs saying they're INTJ because they like to read books on philosophy or the like. Speaking of which, the lower side of SJ types is barely explored in typology: I'd wager a not insignificant number of Si-Ti focused ISFJs get typed as INTP because ISFJs' tertiary Ti isn't given anywhere near the credence INFJs' is. Those ISFJ logicians exist but no official or "known" source treats the subject.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
MBTI test itself is bad as far as I'm concerned. It measures things A B C and D, then cuts the results in half and directs people to look for which side they land on instead of what is stable in their results (like a Big 5 instrument would) so you get a ton of fluctuation. Worse, they direct the test taker to a type profile that doesn't actually describe the kind of personality needed to get to the profile but something from Jungian or Keirsey roots that corresponds to the type code, which is something completely different.

Jungian typology itself I've found to be a good way to categorize most people, but most people also misunderstand it horribly, usually willingly because they deem some types more desirable than others and try to be those types. People are also generally fascinated by their lesser functions so you get stuff like meek ISFJs saying they're INTJ because they like to read books on philosophy or the like. Speaking of which, the lower side of SJ types is barely explored in typology: I'd wager a not insignificant number of Si-Ti focused ISFJs get typed as INTP because ISFJs' tertiary Ti isn't given anywhere near the credence INFJs' is. Those ISFJ logicians exist but no official or "known" source treats the subject.
Well see, they're both completely different.

I'm personally not a fan of the Big 5, because I think it takes a really negative stance on human nature, and generally only looks for things like neurosis and the like. It seems kind of black and white in that sense.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel like 3 is rarer than we might think. Many people seem to be motivated by those things where the culture idealizes it, but it's not who they are deep down. Because that double life is much more common and thus "normal", the real thing surprisingly doesn't fit in. Especially with 3w4, a culture might actually spit them out because their presence exposes its coping mechanisms.

8 also seems rare.

Duffy

I'd group them to make it simple. Attachment = 3,6,9. Frustration = 1,4,7. Rejection = 2,5,8.

From most to least common, I'd say: Attachment > Frustration > Rejection.
If I were to list each individually, from most to least common, I'd say: 9, 6, 3, 7, 2, 4, 1, 5, 8.

These are based on personal observation, so it's more of an opinion than anything as I tend to disregard statistics regarding typology. Also, I may be overlooking 1s. I have a 1 in my family, my sister, and for the longest time I thought she was another type. I also think there's more frequency of type within certain fields of interests. An obvious example is how frequent 4 and 5s show up on these type of forums. Another one would be pageants and it's frequency to produce type 2s. High level academia has a lot of 6. Etc...

Anyways, I like to think of frequency of type from the perspective of a creator. Say if you were god, what types would you make more of? Assuming your goal is to keep the species alive and moving forward.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel like 3 is rarer than we might think. Many people seem to be motivated by those things where the culture idealizes it, but it's not who they are deep down. Because that double life is much more common and thus "normal", the real thing surprisingly doesn't fit in. Especially with 3w4, a culture might actually spit them out because their presence exposes its coping mechanisms.

8 also seems rare.

I'm going to say at least 8 is probably much more common in real life. I just don't think your average school kid bully is going to be interested in self-actualization.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp