• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Most common and most rare enneatype?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, I think it’s more a case of rare enneagram jungian combos

For instance, I am guessing INFP 5 might be more rare than INTP 5, or an ENTJ 9 might be rarer than an ENTJ 8. I don’t believe that any combination is impossible, though some may be less frequent. I doubt there are many ESTP 4s, but who knows, there may be a few out there

But I’m no expert and just talking out of my ass

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, I think it’s more a case of rare enneagram jungian combos

For instance, I am guessing INFP 5 might be more rare than INTP 5, or an ENTJ 9 might be rarer than an ENTJ 8. I don’t believe that any combination is impossible, though some may be less frequent. I doubt there are many ESTP 4s, but who knows, there may be a few out there

But I’m no expert and just talking out of my ass
Some combinations probably are impossible, ESTP 4 being one of them. ESTP 5s, too. Basically any kind of ST 4.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some combinations probably are impossible, ESTP 4 being one of them. ESTP 5s, too. Basically any kind of ST 4.

There's gotta be at least a handful of these weirdos walking around somewhere.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Whoopi Goldberg has been cited as an ENTJ 9, although I'm not really sure about that MBTI typing for her. This variant of ENTJ fascinates me and I'd like to study more examples. I imagine this is a slightly more reserved ENTJ, a little more comfortable sticking to the sidelines until something stimulates into taking a leadership role. Probably likely to have a strong 8 wing that they lean into. They might come across slightly more ENFJish. Still haven't found any examples of ESTP 4 specimens though...

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=19700]Doctor Anaximander[/MENTION] The closest example I can think of to an ESTP 4 would be Lars from Steven Universe. Definitely had a lot of shame behind his 4ness that Steven helped him to accept, also grew to 1 once he became leader of the Off Colors. Other than that, not sure, Mello from Death Note is very ExxP and he's 3w4 I think but he leans very heavily on his 4 wing not to mention being a sx dominant that makes him see pseudo 4. I think he's competency core and assertive core at the end of the day, but there's definitely that 4 wing flavor of shame and competition.

I'd say attachment types for sure for most common. I am a bit shocked by the amount of people who put 2, but really rejection triad types being at the bottom isn't shocking. Then frustration triad in the middle, although more 7s and 1s than 4s I'd say. Sx is definitely the rarest IV, if I had to guess the order of stackings by common to rare I'd say sp/so>so/sp>so/sx>sp/sx>sx/sp>sx/so. I'm just going to guess the type 5 most common tritypes: 369, 361, 269, 379 and 359(no particular order). There's also IVs and types mixed of course. People stereotype 4 as being 4w5 sx/sp, but 4w3 sp/so should be the most common. You rarely hear about them though, except for Squidward(ST 4!). I'd imagine that sp 4 might be more common than sx 1, for example. There are more stereotypes about what IVs go with what type(like 9 sp/so, 2 so/sp, 5 sp/sx), but given that IVs stem from being how you survive, I think SP is going to be most common no matter what enneatype you are.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
I think actual 4s are the rarest in general. I'm not sure if I've ever met a 4 in real life.