User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 72

  1. #31
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    infj None
    Posts
    1,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    4's are quite common out in the world, and they are either the most common, or second most common on this website.
    @highlander did a compilation of type populations a few months back.
    But it's NF's that frequently type as them the most, are they not? I don't know if I believe that.

    I would have always thought like in the link I posted, 8's, 7's, and 6'th, maybe even 3's (western ideal after all)

    NF's are a bit rarer then other types of the general population, and it usually is the IN's who test as them, so I don't altogether believe that

    I don't think many people care about individuality that much. I mean, if you go to a typical bohemian or art district, then that may be one of the more common types you'd find, but certainty not in the regular populace.


    And as far as mistyping, like @Brains said, I have wondered if many people have mistyped, but it's hard to say given that I imagine the MBTI itself is far from a perfect measuring tool or complete and comprehensive way of understanding human nature.

  2. #32
    Senior Member ThaumaturgicTheorist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9? sp
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Attachment types are supposed to be the most common, something like 6 > 9 > 3 then after that, it's pretty uncertain.

    Mistyping, self-selection, and general obscurity of personality typology probably makes those measurements even harder.


    Also, what's with all the people talking about Four being a really common type? Maybe it's the stereotypes making that in particular sound weird.
    Likes Punderstorm, themightyfetus liked this post

  3. #33
    You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si
    Posts
    2,625

    Default

    4's would probably like to think they're the least common, eh? But I don't think they are.

    Most common...6 or 9?
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life
    .

    Mercury - Sleeping At Last

    3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1
    Likes Punderstorm, yama liked this post

  4. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    And as far as mistyping, like @Brains said, I have wondered if many people have mistyped, but it's hard to say given that I imagine the MBTI itself is far from a perfect measuring tool or complete and comprehensive way of understanding human nature.
    MBTI test itself is bad as far as I'm concerned. It measures things A B C and D, then cuts the results in half and directs people to look for which side they land on instead of what is stable in their results (like a Big 5 instrument would) so you get a ton of fluctuation. Worse, they direct the test taker to a type profile that doesn't actually describe the kind of personality needed to get to the profile but something from Jungian or Keirsey roots that corresponds to the type code, which is something completely different.

    Jungian typology itself I've found to be a good way to categorize most people, but most people also misunderstand it horribly, usually willingly because they deem some types more desirable than others and try to be those types. People are also generally fascinated by their lesser functions so you get stuff like meek ISFJs saying they're INTJ because they like to read books on philosophy or the like. Speaking of which, the lower side of SJ types is barely explored in typology: I'd wager a not insignificant number of Si-Ti focused ISFJs get typed as INTP because ISFJs' tertiary Ti isn't given anywhere near the credence INFJs' is. Those ISFJ logicians exist but no official or "known" source treats the subject.

  5. #35
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    infj None
    Posts
    1,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brains View Post
    MBTI test itself is bad as far as I'm concerned. It measures things A B C and D, then cuts the results in half and directs people to look for which side they land on instead of what is stable in their results (like a Big 5 instrument would) so you get a ton of fluctuation. Worse, they direct the test taker to a type profile that doesn't actually describe the kind of personality needed to get to the profile but something from Jungian or Keirsey roots that corresponds to the type code, which is something completely different.

    Jungian typology itself I've found to be a good way to categorize most people, but most people also misunderstand it horribly, usually willingly because they deem some types more desirable than others and try to be those types. People are also generally fascinated by their lesser functions so you get stuff like meek ISFJs saying they're INTJ because they like to read books on philosophy or the like. Speaking of which, the lower side of SJ types is barely explored in typology: I'd wager a not insignificant number of Si-Ti focused ISFJs get typed as INTP because ISFJs' tertiary Ti isn't given anywhere near the credence INFJs' is. Those ISFJ logicians exist but no official or "known" source treats the subject.
    Well see, they're both completely different.

    I'm personally not a fan of the Big 5, because I think it takes a really negative stance on human nature, and generally only looks for things like neurosis and the like. It seems kind of black and white in that sense.

  6. #36
    Paranoid Android Video's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,177

    Default

    I feel like 3 is rarer than we might think. Many people seem to be motivated by those things where the culture idealizes it, but it's not who they are deep down. Because that double life is much more common and thus "normal", the real thing surprisingly doesn't fit in. Especially with 3w4, a culture might actually spit them out because their presence exposes its coping mechanisms.

    8 also seems rare.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

    RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

    Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]
    Likes Punderstorm liked this post

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    350

    Default

    I'd group them to make it simple. Attachment = 3,6,9. Frustration = 1,4,7. Rejection = 2,5,8.

    From most to least common, I'd say: Attachment > Frustration > Rejection.
    If I were to list each individually, from most to least common, I'd say: 9, 6, 3, 7, 2, 4, 1, 5, 8.

    These are based on personal observation, so it's more of an opinion than anything as I tend to disregard statistics regarding typology. Also, I may be overlooking 1s. I have a 1 in my family, my sister, and for the longest time I thought she was another type. I also think there's more frequency of type within certain fields of interests. An obvious example is how frequent 4 and 5s show up on these type of forums. Another one would be pageants and it's frequency to produce type 2s. High level academia has a lot of 6. Etc...

    Anyways, I like to think of frequency of type from the perspective of a creator. Say if you were god, what types would you make more of? Assuming your goal is to keep the species alive and moving forward.

  8. #38
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    infj None
    Posts
    1,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    4's would probably like to think they're the least common, eh? But I don't think they are.

    Most common...6 or 9?

    Apparently 4's aren't the only one's with envy.
    Likes themightyfetus, Qlip liked this post

  9. #39
    Musician Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
    I feel like 3 is rarer than we might think. Many people seem to be motivated by those things where the culture idealizes it, but it's not who they are deep down. Because that double life is much more common and thus "normal", the real thing surprisingly doesn't fit in. Especially with 3w4, a culture might actually spit them out because their presence exposes its coping mechanisms.

    8 also seems rare.
    I'm going to say at least 8 is probably much more common in real life. I just don't think your average school kid bully is going to be interested in self-actualization.

  10. #40
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    4w3

    Honestly I don't know, though. Are there any statistics anywhere?

    Enneagram Percentages: Pie Chart - Enneagram Types
    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    4's are quite common out in the world, and they are either the most common, or second most common on this website.
    @highlander did a compilation of type populations a few months back.
    Here it is

    Enneagram and MBTI Correlation - Typology Wiki

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639
    Likes Hard liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. What definition of I and E do you find most useful?
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-06-2014, 09:11 PM
  2. Most common enneatype of each MBTI Type
    By Elfboy in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 03:01 AM
  3. What are the most and least common MBTI types?
    By /DG/ in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 07:23 PM
  4. Something Most People Rarely Ever Stop to Think About...
    By RansomedbyFire in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 09-24-2007, 11:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO