User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

First, note that only couples were included, so that if particular enneagram types correlate with being single then they would be under-represented in this study.

Secondly, the page doesn't describe how the couples were selected. So it's also possible that self-selection skewed results as well.

Finally, as the page itself points out, there really aren't good validated enneagram instruments. Therefore, the results rely on self-typing which can also be problematic.

Still food for thought, though. The more/less frequent couple combinations are interesting.

Married couples represent under 60% of the population over the age of 18.

If that are numbers for married couples it explains well why it showa that E2 is most common for women, which is absolutely not true! I mean basic fix of a 2 is to be in a relationship. and every woman is expected from culture to be a 2, so our mothers were faking 2s for centuries. Male statistics seems to be ven more messed up - i mean 5 in top 3? 80+% of 5s are INs who make about less than 5% of population.
    And 9 as most common for men? yeah men, so peaceful creatures

I watched one Maitri's interview where she typed nations
    she said
    USA / mainly 3 but mix between 3 & 1
    UK: mix between 4 & 1
    Germany : 6

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    First, note that only couples were included, so that if particular enneagram types correlate with being single then they would be under-represented in this study.

Secondly, the page doesn't describe how the couples were selected. So it's also possible that self-selection skewed results as well.

Finally, as the page itself points out, there really aren't good validated enneagram instruments. Therefore, the results rely on self-typing which can also be problematic.

Still food for thought, though. The more/less frequent couple combinations are interesting.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I'll agree with mistyping as 2 way too frequently.. I could definitely see 4 or 3 to be more common than 2.. but

If 8s are rare with females, it would explain a lot of the misunderstandings I've come across in life socially.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

^^ yeah 8 women are vey intimidating to most people.

4.* People marry along a line of integration 38% more often than chance.* For example, 7-1 and 3-6 marriages were common, as were male 2s-female 4s, male 3s-female 9s, and several other such combinations.
    i can definately see this... I really think I can learn the most from 6s.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Aren't xSFJs often enneagram 2? SFJs are most common MBTI type for women. I am not surprised to see 2s as the most common enneagram for women either. I don't doubt many mistype as 2, but then, many may mistype as other types also. In which case, there may be no accurate way to measure this....

It seems to me, 6, 3 & 9 types are more common in reality than they appear on message boards like this (where 4s & 5s are greatly over-represented). Considering that 3 & 6 are often said to have the most "unflattering" profiles, many might mistype as something else also.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    It seems to me, 6, 3 & 9 types are more common in reality than they appear on message boards like this (where 4s & 5s are greatly over-represented). Considering that 3 & 6 are often said to have the most "unflattering" profiles, many might mistype as something else also.
    Or more common when it comes to marriages?

I still would think 6 and 9 (maybe 3 also) would be harder to pinpoint? I mean, I've thought of myself as a 4w5 and 5w4 a while back when I took the enneagram, but it took me a bit to find that 4's and 5's sounded off to me. The descriptions of both worked but... felt kind of like extremes.

MBTI
    enfj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Interesting that 5 is the rarest female type, since I am under the impression that I am enneagram type 5.
    As a female Type 3, I am thinking the same thing. Evidently there are a lot of female 3s in denial out there!

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Well I think 8w9's are tied for the rarest in the whats your enneagram poll over in that other thread.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Most common: 6w7
    Least: probably 8w9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic