• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Your Tritype

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Only got into enneagram lately and now I hear you can have a tritype?! Confusing, but exciting too.

http://www.enneagram.net/tritype.html

I think I'm a 479. The 4 and the 7 is solid, dunno about the last. Are there any tests for tritypes? Anyone with more experience in this thing care to share?

edit: Scratch that, make it a 471. I think what resembles 9ness for me (being nice, loyal, etc.) is just a branch off 1. I definitely can't just stay calm and walk away like so many 9's can.

Chloe

mine is 396

dont u relate to 2 and 1?(since ure a 4)

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
mine is 396

dont u relate to 2 and 1?(since ure a 4)

You're talking about those lines on the grid, the types that I supposedly relate to right? I don't think it works that way with tritypes. It's there in the first video in the link. Or are you talking about something else?

edit: Oh I get it now, naaa that's something different. The idea of a tritype is that you have a dominant type in each triad (head, heart and gut). So I think as a 7, feel as a 4 and my gut gives me 1 vibes for example. Apparently, your order within each of these do make a difference but you still have obvious similarities with other people who share these types in a different order. A 471 can get along with a 174 for example. I quite like this theory.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's kind of hard to completely understand tritypes. Some people go by their highest types when they take the enneagram of each of the three triads. Some go by their gut feelings and what type the person seems to be depending on situations. Based on the two I'll either be a

9-4-5 (based on the highest scores) (9w1-4w3-5w4)

or

9-7-4 (based on my gut) (9w1-7w6-4w3)

As for adding wings, it gets really confusing. Like my highest scores case. If I decide to choose 4w5... would 5w4 be an option for my tritypes?

Last edited:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm undecided. Options:

First type- 3w4, 4w3, 3w2
Second type- 7w6, 6w7
Third type- 9w8, 8w9, 8w7

For now, I'm going with 3w4-7w6-8w9.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Head (567), Heart (234) and Gut (891)

4-5-1 ... I think.

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
head : 6w7 (core)
heart: 2w3
gut: 9w1

aka, "I'm not threatening, I wont hurt you, I don't have needs, it's not you, it's me" + very fearful avoidant + I don't trust anything or anyone, and don't rely on other people (but I need them in my life) :p

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Going by http://pstypes.blogspot.com/2009/11/enneagram-tritype-descriptions-type.html,

I'm either 5-4-8 or 5-3-9.

5-4-8 because that white-hot visceral, temperamental side does lie very close to the surface, but almost always have complete awareness/control over it.

5-3-9 because that intensely image-conscious side is there.

Assuming that blogger's observations are remotely accurate, 5-3-9 makes sense in that primary 5 energy could be perceived as tertiary 8 energy because both seem so outwardly similar.
Likewise, 5-4-8 could make sense because 5s and 9s both desire calm, though on different levels.
Right now, I'm leaning towards 5-3-9 in that I tend not to indulge in 4 romantic daydreams so much as formulating hypotheses regarding what fulfills the deepest desires of the human collective. Brief spurts of planned, periodic, spastic, but electric interaction followed by lots of isolated contemplation/speculation. Whatever comes out of my mouth usually seems appropriate, but is fine-tuned within conversation/mid-sentence to instigate the other(s) either by freezing, fishing out then isolating their unconscious motivations outright to suggest something outrageous, i.e. highlight the notion that they may have made a claim without my straying from use of expected/typical responses (that part of the def. resonates with me), or if I'm feeling particularly conciliatory, I'll at least give the impression of attempting to merge those observations with how I'd respond. Otherwise, I may physically vacate the interaction without losing/misplacing any focus, which, in fact, tends to rise, much like how a microscope operates. So while I'm capable of fine-tuned, fully expressive engagement, once that energy is (quite rapidly) depleted, it's as if an invisible cane begins pulling me off the stage, complete w/ arms flailing, etc. because it isn't an entirely voluntary act, as data's always a scarcity, and... plumping the depths of human consciousness gets kinda boring when you are your own subject most of the time.

Chloe

You're talking about those lines on the grid, the types that I supposedly relate to right? I don't think it works that way with tritypes. It's there in the first video in the link. Or are you talking about something else?

edit: Oh I get it now, naaa that's something different. The idea of a tritype is that you have a dominant type in each triad (head, heart and gut). So I think as a 7, feel as a 4 and my gut gives me 1 vibes for example. Apparently, your order within each of these do make a difference but you still have obvious similarities with other people who share these types in a different order. A 471 can get along with a 174 for example. I quite like this theory.

with types like 3,6,9 i doesnt really matter how you define tritype bc in both definitions you you can be 3-6-9
but with types such as 5/7 and 2/4 it does because their (dis)integration points arent in all 3 parts(head,gut,heart) but I read in some book, probab Riso since it was on books.google that "7(and5) is most far away from image triad, so image problems in sense of triad definition,ex.shame, are least expressed in 7/5"
same can prob apply to 2/4.
which would mean that I dont see a reason why someone would have to relate to a type in each division. Its similar like wings. You can score as 4,1,2,6,7,8,9,5,3. and then test gives u "4w5" answer and you score almost lowest on 5 - so since when its likely that w5 says anything about you if you score so low?
the same with tritype : as much as idea od having type in each triad is charming, in psych i doesnt work that way. You can relate to descriptions of some types but Enneagram is not about descriptions and I doubt that any other types, besides 4 itself, describe a 4's motivations&fixations better than 1&2. I guess tritype is only invented to popularize enneagram for people who can relate to many types so in order to sell enneagram to them they had to give them liberty to pick types without sense. When you look how your psyche really functions you just see what you see from enneagram simbol.

Chloe

i am very curious how its like to be INFP and 6. I know a gu who is infp 6.. he facinates me:) but the more i know him the more he pisses me how SJ-like he is: but he isnt SJ!

head : 6w7 (core)
heart: 2w3
gut: 9w1

aka, "I'm not threatening, I wont hurt you, I don't have needs, it's not you, it's me" + very fearful avoidant + I don't trust anything or anyone, and don't rely on other people (but I need them in my life) :p

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mine would be 4w5, 5w4, and 1w2. When solving a problem, at first I go by how I feel about something, how it relates to me, what type of creative vision I have to bring to the table. I tend to focus on what my imagination/heart tells me first. In order to figure out the steps to achieve this desired end result, I end up heavily intellectualizing it, what body of knowledge I already have on the issue, consult manuals/ research the topic at length, practically withdraw from the world. Then I implement the plan, and I can be picky about how it will be done... it has to be done according to how I see it should be done, to live up to the standard that I see my vision... kind of perfectionistic. I can be caring and for moral reform, but more in terms of treating others with respect and not ostracizing people because they are different, or lack/have traits that aren't considered popular or en vogue. Think of the kid that gets picked on in school... the fact he is picked on pisses me off, and I want the bullies to treat him with respect and kindness because I feel that human beings should be treated kindly and respectfully. I tend to go off on romantic fantasies... very prone to them. I love to intellectualize everything, but at the same time, there's a romantic vision attached to my intellectual thoughts. For instance, whenever I gaze into the universe and see how vast it is, analyze the various mechanisms and laws of physics it functions by, I think that not only is it fascinating from a scientific standpoint, but also find it so beautiful and awe inspiring. I get big emotional reactions from learning something new, and my mood can be effected by what I learn. I am quite sensitive to changes in the environment, from an aesthetic point of view and how it influences my mood.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
5w6 and 9w1 are in my tritype for sure with 5w6 being the core. The heart fix is a little trickier. I posted a set of videos over on some enneagram forum and they were all saying 2w1. At first I thought the suggestion was crazy talk because 2 is one of my lowest scoring types on enneagram tests. But I think I do give off more of a 2 than a 3 or 4 impression on video. So I'm still not clear on the heart fix. Unlike 2's, I don't really like serving others that much. I don't have the pride issue going on. I don't help others meet their needs so much I forget my own. I'm not at all manipulative in an emotional sense.

I identify with 3w4 to the extent that I do care about success and how I compare relative to others but I just don't have the self-promotional skills nor the ability to just keep changing my external image at will in order to succeed.

Lately I've been scoring fairly high on type 4, so I've wondered about possibly having 4 in my trifix. I do get mild depression now and then I have existential anxiety issues. I want to feel like I'm unique and special. I can feel strong envy for others who have something I want. Yet unlike some 4's, I don't want to be too unique. It's a good feeling to know there are others like you. I also don't embrace melancholy and prefer more even keeled emotions rather than emotional intensity.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
would be lovely if there was a link to a free tritype test there. i have no idea about wings n such but i think if i remember right it was like 792...maaaybe...but who the hell knows...i can't trust the tests...i can't be totally sure i'm even actually a 7w6...but...i think so...

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you can take your declining order of types in a regular test and work that into a trifix.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...i think that's what i did there...i don't know that i've taken one that listed the different wings though...i wish there was more information about it tho...i mean what's the hold up for real...i'd like to read it...i can't imagine being at all close to a 1 tho so maybe i'm 7w6 9w8 2w3 ??? idk

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
i am very curious how its like to be INFP and 6. I know a gu who is infp 6.. he facinates me:) but the more i know him the more he pisses me how SJ-like he is: but he isnt SJ!

It adds another dimension. I'd say my connection to my superego is very strong. That's not to say I have much integrity as a person, more that I am quite in touch with my 'higher self', which normally gives me a lot of self discipline, and mostly a strong inner critic. I am quite harmless and try very hard not to hurt people in any way, but often am quite harsh and highly critical. I am generally hyper realistic, and very cynical (though still positive) but I try not to show the cynicism. Compared to an infp 4 or 5, i'd probably be quite sj like :p I initiate things with people, and although I don't like being the main boss, I like being in control.

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7

As an INFP 6, I actually mistyped myself as a 4 for the longest time because I tend to get very emotional and have a huge desire for authenticity, though it was certainly Fi working. Basically, I'm a phobic 6 with a very avoidant personality. If something scares me or I know will cause problems, I will try to find ways to escape from it, either physically (by moving away) or emotionally (by keeping to myself). I tend to use Ne a little too much in this way and am always finding new problems (very imaginary problems) that I have to find ways to avoid. It can get very tiring, and since I'm a stickler for honesty, I sometimes say things or act in ways that are not appropriate for the situation and end up causing problems for myself or others.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

In taking a different test this morning my top three were 5w4, 5w6 and 4w5.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In taking a different test this morning my top three were 5w4, 5w6 and 4w5.

oooh did ya take one that listed your top 3? i wanna take it. that wouldn't be your tritype tho...it has to be your highest in each...triad...?? is that the word?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Last time I took the test the highest for each triad was 8 7 2.