User Tag List

First 345

Banned

Some good descriptions in this thread.

2 things for me, as type 3, have been major issue in relationships

- deceit - i used to pretend too much at the beginning, not completely conscously.
    if someone hurts me i can pretend he didnt and say something rude back to him

this is not an issue once i am intimate with person. i lose all masks

- running away from my feelings. by doing thing. planning million actins to solve problems instead of being emotionally present. i am learning this with people because i can be very tense and force change, speed up things just to get results

Banned
    MBTI
    me

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Pan View Post
    2 things for me, as type 3, have been major issue in relationships

- deceit - i used to pretend too much at the beginning, not completely conscously.
    if someone hurts me i can pretend he didnt and say something rude back to him

this is not an issue once i am intimate with person. i lose all masks

- running away from my feelings. by doing thing. planning million actins to solve problems instead of being emotionally present. i am learning this with people because i can be very tense and force change, speed up things just to get results
    In what ways do you pretend? when you lose the mask, how much of a different person are you? how much does your SO have to adjust to this 'revealing'?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Type Seven
    What they look for
    Stimulation, adventure, excitement, variety.
    What gets in the way
    Insisting on postponing making commitments. Manipulates by staying upbeat and hyperactive and by insisting that others meet their demands for gratification.

Type Eight
    What they look for
    Dependability, loyalty, strength, sexual compatibility.
    What gets in the way
    Insisting on maintaining control of others. Manipulates by dominating others and by demanding that others do as they say.
    I'm an 8w7 but I'd never want to control anyone. At the same time, I wouldn't want to be the beacon of strength of the relationship, so in that sense I definitely look for strength in a partner. I need to know they can fend for themselves in the real world to feel at peace. Loyalty is also very important, since it also tells me that they are strong enough to be impervious to what also goes on in the outside world, to an extent.

The 7 aspects are true to me, but I have no trouble making commitments at an emotional level. I have trouble unmaking them. I might obsess a little about knowing my partner is having fun while with me, so the second sentence is definitely true. Nothing I hate more than feeling I'm boring my partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopelandic View Post
    In what ways do you pretend? when you lose the mask, how much of a different person are you? how much does your SO have to adjust to this 'revealing'?
    i didnt notice, or hear from people i am intimate with, that they were surprised once i put off my masks: they didnt even know i did that. its something i know when it's off when it's on. actually, of course it's spectrum.
    i dont know your type but i think all people can relate to that but just comparing to my non-3 friends with me, and other 3s, it's bigger.

pretend hah ? dunno.. hmm... maybe to be happier than i am. not sure now. it changed a lot recently so i'd have to think about it to remember how it was, or what was i thinking when i was writing that previous post

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Just saw this thread for the first time now. Good work, OrangeAppled. These ring true to me.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'm a 7w8 thru and thru, even combining the 7 and 8 here.