User Tag List

12 Last

ReflecTcelfeR

Default Likelyhood of INTP...

Being a 4w5. I read that usually the intellectual 4 seems like a five, but could an INTP be a 4w5 and not be mistaken about his type of thinking?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INT-

*points to signature*

I don't know a ton about enneagram, but I don't see any reason INTP's and 4's should be mutually exclusive.
    INTP 4w5 SX/SP
    Tritype 4/5/8

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFP

You're really whatever you identify with most...What is it that bugs you about being 4w5, what is it that you feel doesn't fit? Have you considered 5w4?

ReflecTcelfeR

It just seems that the majority of 5's are either INTJ and INTP with an INFJ exception throughout. I know they don't monopolize the market, even though it may appear to be so, you just don't see an INTP with an enneagram of 4w5. This leads me to believe that I may be an INFP... however I just don't seem to relate with an INFP that I know. I know that's a sample size of one, but that's all I really have. I was just wondering if someone who knew about enneagram could enlighten me and explain enneagramial (not a real word) tendencies with cognitive functions and how they relate, if they do.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INT-

Ask BlackCat.
    INTP 4w5 SX/SP
    Tritype 4/5/8

ReflecTcelfeR

I'm hoping he'll use his enneagram senses and sniff his way here.

i know INTP 4, he was considering INFP or INTP and 4 or 5. In the end, he feels more emotional than most INTPs, he doesnt relate to NF temperament. He is not idealistic.Actually he's typical NT valuing intellect above everything else. We used to clash a lot over NF vs NT stuff.
    So, he figured he's INTP and 4, he is really typical representative of 4, artist, thinks he's unique, snobby, considers himself intellectual elite, drama queen...
    and I noticed in heim 4 -> 2 switch, he can overplease people but then suddenly go back to being me,me,me

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    It just seems that the majority of 5's are either INTJ and INTP with an INFJ exception throughout. I know they don't monopolize the market, even though it may appear to be so, you just don't see an INTP with an enneagram of 4w5. This leads me to believe that I may be an INFP... however I just don't seem to relate with an INFP that I know. I know that's a sample size of one, but that's all I really have. I was just wondering if someone who knew about enneagram could enlighten me and explain enneagramial (not a real word) tendencies with cognitive functions and how they relate, if they do.
    You seem to be over-thinking this.

Hint hint.
    Hello

ReflecTcelfeR

Ahhhhhhh, yes. I suppose that does make me more five doesn't it... well. Thank you for solving that.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Well I promised you I'd respond to your thread... but I had to go out of town and THEN when I got back my power was out for 24 hours... and after that my internet out for 2 days. X_X

But INTP 4's aren't that uncommon. You could just have a strong 4 wing if you're considering 5 for your type. Maybe 5w4 sx/sp?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)