User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    Considering type 5 has a higher score than 3 in your list, then you'd have a 5 wing.
    Then it's impossible to be a 4 with anything but a 5 or 3 wing?
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    Then it's impossible to be a 4 with anything but a 5 or 3 wing?
    According to Enneagram Theory, yes. Your wing is the next door neighbor for your main type.

For example, I tend to score highest for 4, followed by 1, then 5 on Enneagram tests. But, Enneagram theory has wings based on the number next to your main type, so I couldn't say that I am a 4w1. 5 is the next highest score, which is 4's next door neighbor. Hence, 4 with a 5 wing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    ISFJ

I didn't read the thread but I always got a 1 vibe from you.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

According to Enneagram Theory, yes. Your wing is the next door neighbor for your main type.

For example, I tend to score highest for 4, followed by 1, then 5 on Enneagram tests. But, Enneagram theory has wings based on the number next to your main type, so I couldn't say that I am a 4w1. 5 is the next highest score, which is 4's next door neighbor. Hence, 4 with a 5 wing.
    It's too bad I put so much focus on the profiles to start, when I should have looked at the basics first. If I narrow it down to their ego fixations - assuming you can type solely on them, it's far easier to come to some conclusion... mine would be the 4's melancholy and 5's stinginess - the former, without question. I might appear to have 9's indolence, but that is most likely due to my health issues which cause fatigue, so I can almost rule that out. And I don't feel that the 1's resentment has a hold on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I didn't read the thread but I always got a 1 vibe from you.
    Not surprising. I relate to type 1 a lot - especially their Holy Idea of perfection. Thank-you for the input.

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

It's too bad I put so much focus on the profiles to start, when I should have looked at the basics first. If I narrow it down to their ego fixations - assuming you can type solely on them, it's far easier to come to some conclusion... mine would be the 4's melancholy and 5's stinginess - the former, without question. I might appear to have 9's indolence, but that is most likely due to my health issues which cause fatigue, so I can almost rule that out. And I don't feel that the 1's resentment has a hold on me.

Not surprising. I relate to type 1 a lot - especially their Holy Idea of perfection. Thank-you for the input.
    Keep in mind, type 4s, when unhealthy, tend to be very melancholic, but when they are healthy, they can be capable of experiencing happiness to an intense level, and are very creative. And the creativity isn't just limited to creating art, even you can be a creative intellectually, getting involved in philosophy and/or science. Fours can be perfectionistic like ones, too, just less about morality, and more about self-actualization ("Who am I, what's my place in the world?" "How can I make a difference, yet remain authentic to my identity?"), and finding their perfect life partner for them ("I wish for my one true love to come to my rescue."). If you've felt like you're looking for a fairy tale ending, and if it doesn't happen, then you feel jealous that others seem to have it easier, chances are you're a 4.

I can relate a lot to type 1's idea of perfection too. Just I feel like my main motivation is to be creative in some shape or form.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Keep in mind, type 4s, when unhealthy, tend to be very melancholic, but when they are healthy, they can be capable of experiencing happiness to an intense level, and are very creative. And the creativity isn't just limited to creating art, even you can be a creative intellectually, getting involved in philosophy and/or science. Fours can be perfectionistic like ones, too, just less about morality, and more about self-actualization ("Who am I, what's my place in the world?" "How can I make a difference, yet remain authentic to my identity?"), and finding their perfect life partner for them ("I wish for my one true love to come to my rescue."). If you've felt like you're looking for a fairy tale ending, and if it doesn't happen, then you feel jealous that others seem to have it easier, chances are you're a 4.

I can relate a lot to type 1's idea of perfection too. Just I feel like my main motivation is to be creative in some shape or form.
    Thanks for breaking things down, everything you said sounds a lot like me. And I think I might have a social/self-pres stacking, or the reverse, which would explain why I look a lot like a 1, according to this site. Although self-pres/sexual is a possibility as well.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

As an INFJ, what's my Enneagram?
    Not 4. Frankly I think most (though by no means all) self-reported INFJ 4s are either not really 4, or not INFJ (likely the latter). 4 is a very Fi type.

Per your description, I think you're most likely a 2w1, though you could be 1w2 or 9w1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Not 4. Frankly I think most (though by no means all) self-reported INFJ 4s are either not really 4, or not INFJ (likely the latter). 4 is a very Fi type.

Per your description, I think you're most likely a 2w1, though you could be 1w2 or 9w1.
    Just to clarify, are you suggesting I'm an INFJ 2w1 or only that I'm 2w1?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

You sound like a 1 to me.

Then again, I'm not sure of my type either.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    You sound like a 1 to me.

Then again, I'm not sure of my type either.
    Just occurred to me... it's probably important for me to point out that my social style online is not a good representation of my social style irl. I sound extremely 1ish because my main focus here is to discuss psychology - serious tunnel vision... and that makes me come off solemn and detached. Every minute I spend online, I prefer to make the most of; a fickle chit chat with some random stranger online doesn't qualify. I keep my socializing to irl encounters, which are more meaningful, imo. Typing me, based on the OP and asking me questions on my behavior, is the best bet, opposed to reading/determining my behavior based on my response style.
    Last edited by lane777; 09-30-2010 at 07:26 PM.