User Tag List

First 5678 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    The meaning of wing is more spiritual than of a mechanic reality.
    Well there's your problem!
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Typology in general is deeply rooted in mysticism, which is why I don't take it seriously. I just use it for the lulz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    For example.. Fe-Ni correlate to Type 6.. so why are INFJs only listed as 4s?
    ENFJ as well ..
    I am positive ALL MBTI types can correlate to Type 6. INTJ can also be Type 6's not just type 5 five. etc etc
    I don't know.. come on Aleski.. It just feels very amateur and subjective.

Which is why I am asking where he found it.

the chart is when you google pictures just write "enneagram" and it's among first pics... somewhere.

i agree it's wrong a lot. ... for example ENFP 2 is not at all that common... !

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I don't see why that would be the case... ENFPs are generally all sugar and rainbows, and 2 is the most extroverted of heart types.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    For example.. Fe-Ni correlate to Type 6.. so why are INFJs only listed as 4s?
    ENFJ as well ..
    I am positive ALL MBTI types can correlate to Type 6. INTJ can also be Type 6's not just type 5 five. etc etc
    I don't know.. come on Aleski.. It just feels very amateur and subjective.

Which is why I am asking where he found it.
    It's here. I didn't think the type matches to the numbers made complete sense. I picked the picture because of the direction of the arrows.

Myers-Briggs, XYZ Leadership and Team Roles by David M. Boje, Ph.D.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Try these stats. They might be better:

http://pstypes.blogspot.com/2009/07/...agram-type.htm

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Pan View Post
    For example, 5w4.. how would that person look like?
    For that matter, what about 3w4 and 4w3? Four is portrayed introverted and focused on integrity, where three is portrayed as extroverted and overly focused on image to the expense of integrity.

I suppose that explains all the "3w4 are bipolar" threads

In any case, if the wings are valid, how do they affect the primary type? Which traits of the wing type--motivations, behaviors, healthy and unhealthy behavior, integration/disintegration points, triads--affect the person overall and why? When there's a contradiction, does the primary type simply supersede the wing?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I like how the wings can seem to "contradict" each other. The enneagram deals with deeply rooted emotional motivations that form an identity you use to deal with them. Explaining something that is inherently irrational in some flat, linear system (as some have tried :cough: ) seems insensible. That spiderweb-like diagram is an apropos symbol of how complicated navigating the world of emotions can be. How do you detangle yourself from your ego? How do you make your way back to your true self? To make it more complicated, you have a wing bringing in other motivations, sometimes conflicting ones, which is extremely common to being human. Really, no one else here has felt conflicting emotions? The emotional world is not neat & tidy & often does not make sense. Making sense of emotion is where cognition comes into play, and it's that awareness which allows you to expand your identity to develop other motivations which make you healthier and well-rounded.

IDK, maybe being a Feeler, it's easy for me to see how a philosophical, symbolic, spiral take on emotional motivations and identity makes much more sense than boiling it down to some sterile, logical framework which seems to entirely miss the core issue.

And I'd like to add more useful content, but I can't remember everything from the enneagram books I've read. They explain in clearer detail how the diagram works (touched on here already), its origins, why the numbers are used & in the order they are in, etc. So my suggestion is to hit up your local library and check out some enneagram books.

This is a brief explanation of what I am getting at though (brackets added by me):

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/intro.asp#type
    The inclusion of each type in its Center [triad] is not arbitrary. Each type results from a particular relationship with a cluster of issues that characterize that Center. Most simply, these issues revolve around a powerful, largely unconscious emotional response to the loss of contact with the core of the self. In the Instinctive Center, the emotion is Anger or Rage. In the Feeling Center, the emotion is Shame, and in the Thinking Center, it is Anxiety or Dread. Of course, all nine types contain all three of these emotions, but in each Center, the personalities of the types are particularly affected by that Center's emotional theme.
    No one is a pure personality type [OR one emotional motivation]: everyone is a unique mixture of his or her basic type and usually one of the two types adjacent to it on the circumference of the Enneagram. One of the two types adjacent to your basic type is called your wing.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

These are really good points

Tri-type 639

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I like how the wings can seem to "contradict" each other. The enneagram deals with deeply rooted emotional motivations that form an identity you use to deal with them. Explaining something that is inherently irrational in some flat, linear system (as some have tried :cough: ) seems insensible.
    whoah, yeah

If we're trying to break apart personalities into component pieces, logical contradictions need to be identified and eliminated.

But as a tool for self-improvement and broad-base overall representation, contradictions are completely fine, so long as they're not insanely glaring. In that realm, the contradictions don't need to be resolved and in fact allow the system to take human contradictions into account.

I like your description what Enneagram represents to you