User Tag List

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Socionics
    N/A

Question Differences between 9w1 and 9w8

Hello! I'm new, so I might as well introduce myself. *bows* You can call me untypeable, or just type, whichever you perfer (or is it prefer?).

Anyway, I want to ask the differences between 9w1 and 9w8. I know I'm a 9, I sound almost exactly like it. I'm also an INFJ, if that helps.

Thanks, and let me know if you need anymore personality information about me.

untypeable

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Socionics
    N/A

My blog shows some info about me.

Also, I really want to know.

Thanks.
    My username, untypeable, is a pun of Untouchable by Taylor Swift. I punned it because of the relationship of my previous inabilities to be typed.
    I don't own my profile pic or avatar (I wish I did ), yada yada yada...

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Brain
    It often takes a lot of analyzing and introspective consideration to accurately discover what ones type truly is, but its all worth the journey of work required to do so, for you come out wiser about yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Algebra Teacher
    Don't steal any Harvard squirrels!

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

9w8 is probably more aggressive and 9w1 is probably more serious- however, neither type is particularly aggressive or serious given the nature of the 9.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx
    Socionics
    wtf

I would prefer to have some real-life experience to give you some examples, but what I have read indicates the 9w8 are slightly more aggressive and perhaps "down to earth" than 9w1. There is a nearby thread about 9s that contrasts the two quite well.

I have also read that 9w1 fears separation from loved ones (like all 9s), while for 9w8 it is more of a fear of losing them permanently. I find this a little odd because as an INTP I really have no problem being away from home or my boyfriend, and never have. Are 9s supposed to be clingy? I am definitely not.
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)

Quote Originally Posted by hilo View Post
    I have also read that 9w1 fears separation from loved ones (like all 9s), while for 9w8 it is more of a fear of losing them permanently. I find this a little odd because as an INTP I really have no problem being away from home or my boyfriend, and never have. Are 9s supposed to be clingy? I am definitely not.
    Hilo, I think you interpreted it in a different way than I did. I read being separated/permanently losing loved ones not as something that is about the fear of just going away from loved ones. Really, I actually don't mind being away from home or friends.

How I interpreted it, instead of being away from loved ones, is more like losing your relationship with a very close family member or close friend just because of an issue of some sort. The example is a bit extreme, but you can imagine what happens in a bond so close. Contrast that to someone you don't care much about, you can see a difference.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx
    Socionics
    wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Takeru View Post
    Hilo, I think you interpreted it in a different way than I did. I read being separated/permanently losing loved ones not as something that is about the fear of just going away from loved ones. Really, I actually don't mind being away from home or friends.

How I interpreted it, instead of being away from loved ones, is more like losing your relationship with a very close family member or close friend just because of an issue of some sort. The example is a bit extreme, but you can imagine what happens in a bond so close. Contrast that to someone you don't care much about, you can see a difference.
    oooook. right. That makes more sense. now I have to think about if I am really like that. I do HATE the idea of having an ex hate me after a breakup. I am always bending over backwards trying to maintain a friendship even if it is not a good idea....
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)