User Tag List

123 Last

Glycerine

Default What enneagram type am I?

I thought I was 9 at first, 3 for a little while, and can relate to 5 a lot. I am a SP/SO for sure. What vibe do I give off, enneagram masters?

9: I am a huge door mat, avoid conflict at all costs, very self contained. As long as something doesn't affect me directly, I stay calm in conflict situations, agreeable to a fault, have a tendency to sweep uncomfortable situations under the rug and pretend everything is good.

3: I will do anything I need to do if I have a goal at hand. I am image-conscious to an extent but I rarely dress up and put makeup on. In other words, very casual. I resent people who try to force a certain public image on me. I can be a braggart but at the same time, I hate tooting my own horn and don't like to be publicly recognized for stuff. People say I am too modest and humble for my own good. On the other hand, I can be very competitive and size people up.

5: 90% of my day consists of analyzing ideas and thoughts. You could say that I can be very detached from the world, aloof and in my own head a lot. If there is an emotional situation, I completely detach from the situation and analyze what could be fixed. I am insanely private and am not very in tune with my emotions whatsoever.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

You feel like a 9 to me...but, ask Blackcat, he might be able to help ya
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

How are you with enforcing personal boundaries? Do you tend to withdraw in an effort to reinforce them, or do you easily lose sight of your own agenda?
    Hello

Glycerine

I suck at enforcing boundaries...so I guess tend to lose sight of them? If it helps. I will be really relaxed about boundaries but I will start to blow up at people months later and eventually realize that I was actually really mad about having my boundaries violated. At the time of the occurrence, I will rationalize any discomfort away and downplay my emotions. It's all fine and dandy. It's an accumulative effect of numerous occurrences where I start to resent people.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I suck at enforcing boundaries...so I guess tend to lose sight of them? If it helps. I will be really relaxed about boundaries but I will start to blow up at people months later and eventually realize that I was actually really mad about having my boundaries violated. At the time of the occurrence, I will rationalize any discomfort away and downplay my emotions. It's all fine and dandy. It's an accumulative effect of numerous occurrences where I start to resent people.
    I would lean towards Nine as well. Have you read the full descriptions of both the Five and the Nine? Both Five and Nine can be introverted, but Fives assert their boundaries and don't have difficulty detaching from others. Nines have a very hard time with maintaining personal boundaries, always giving in when under pressure to keep the peace.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AllPersonality.com blog
    INFJ 3w4 sp

Enneagram
    CFV

I think 9. I feel like a 9/5 toss up as well. It's a good thing=P

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Rena View Post
    I would lean towards Nine as well. Have you read the full descriptions of both the Five and the Nine? Both Five and Nine can be introverted, but Fives assert their boundaries and don't have difficulty detaching from others. Nines have a very hard time with maintaining personal boundaries, always giving in when under pressure to keep the peace.
    It's funny. I thought I was a 3w4 SP eNFJ. I read some profiles. yes, I think nine fit me more because I typically won't assert myself even if I think the person is the biggest jerk. I will just be like "uh ok, that's cool....", keep the conversation short and to the point, and limit my time with the individual. However, I do speak my mind when I see something as crucial or shit is really starting to hit the fan.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

6w5.. just a guess.. But 6w5 is Fe/Ni/Se defined.. truly..

Glycerine

hmmmm... thanks for your suggestion. I am not quite sure that I'm a type 6 though. "More importantly, you want to have certainty and security, putting your faith in a trusted authority, belief system or tradition." Not exactly me.

"Because Sixes so frequently fail to appreciate the extent of their own fear, they often mistype themselves. It is common for instance, for female Sixes to mistype as Twos, especially if they are identified with a helper role, but Sixes have a much more ambivalent attitude towards relationships than do Twos, who generally know exactly what they want. Sixes, failing to recognize their anxiety, can mistype as Nines, but Nines have the ability to relax and to trust in others, neither of which come easily to Sixes. Sixes can mistype as Fours, especially if they have artistic inclinations, but they lack the Four's self-absorption. They can mistype as Fives, especially if they are intellectual, as many Sixes are, but unlike Fives, Sixes tend to be practical. Finally, conterphobic Sixes can easily mistype as Eights, but they lack the Eight's self-certainty." Interesting stuff.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

More importantly, you want to have certainty and security, putting your faith in a trusted authority, belief system or tradition.
    That is perhaps the most misunderstood thing about type 6.
    This means you want consistency, the trusted authority is love, the belief and tradition are your ideas about people. and what matters to you.. no where does it say the law you follow or system you believe is not your own.