User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I would've guessed 2w1....if you're between the above 3, then I'd go with 3w2 or 9w1. What do you usually test?
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Glycerine

I think got between 2/4 before? Is this based on the feel of my posts (just curious)? That would be crazy if I were 2w1 because my ESFJ dad is a 3w2 or 2w3 and my INFP mother is 2w1. That would explain the dynamic in the family.
    Arc, I am still not quite sure but you did make some some great points, thank you.

Glycerine

So it looks like 9,6,3, 2. I could see myself as 9 or 3 and kind of 6 or 2 (I related to some parts of the profiles).

MBTI
    enfj
    Enneagram

Pitseleh,

I am certainly no expert, but I thought of Type 6w5 for you as well. The fact that Type 6 integrates to a Type 9 and disintegrates to a Type 3 may also be something to consider.

Do you have an "inner committee" in your head that you consult with when making decisions? Is it difficult for you to make a decision that may disappoint others?

My advice is to keep thinking about it before making any decisions as to what type you are. Journaling is a great way to understand yourself better, and the answer should come with time (at least I think! I still waiver sometimes from thinking I know what type I am!). Enjoy the journey!

Glycerine

Ok, actually that makes a lot of sense. yes, I definitely do have an "inner committee" in my head when making decisions. That could explain why I come as a "Thinker" to people I am not close to. I am more skeptic/doubter type than the conformist type. Somebody wrote a case study on me for class and from my answers on the case study, I think you and Arclight could be right. I sounded like a paranoid freak. lol

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    That is perhaps the most misunderstood thing about type 6.
    This means you want consistency, the trusted authority is love, the belief and tradition are your ideas about people. and what matters to you.. no where does it say the law you follow or system you believe is not your own.
    Yup. I think the "following authority", etc thing is perhaps the main reason why next to no one on this forum seems to identify themselves as 6, when in fact it's possibly the most common enneatype...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Glycerine

I got 6 (86%) , 2 (78%), and 4(74%) on a test. I don't want to be 6... it sounds dreadful but it sounds pretty right on.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I got 6 (86%) , 2 (78%), and 4(74%) on a test. I don't want to be 6... it sounds dreadful but it sounds pretty right on.
    It's misunderstood.. and if you are healthy it's by far and away the coolest type of all. 6's are magnetic

Glycerine

School brings out a really nasty 3 mode but other than that, I think that I'm fairly healthy. It makes sense that people mistake me as an XSTX type sometimes, IRL.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    It's misunderstood.. and if you are healthy it's by far and away the coolest type of all. 6's are magnetic

Woohoo!

Yup, "sounds dreadful". That pretty much sums up why there are loads of 6s mis-typing themselves. I think that was even my first reaction. I assumed I was supposed to be 4 because I was INFJ...and so much of it just didn't fit. I cringed a bit about 6 at first but on looking into it more found much that applied to me and much to appreciate.

As Arclight said, healthy 6s are great. They have strengths and weaknesses like any other type. And it encompasses a very wide range of MBTI types. One of the enneagram books I have said of this type - unlike any others - that it can easily encompass any MBTI type, though obviously some are more likely than others.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING