User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    San Francisco is 7w6, I think. The city of the hippies.
    The problem with SF is that the hippy part is only one part of SF. If you were to compare SF to another city in California, most will tell you that it is...different....

There is this image that people seem to tag SF with. For starters, (very) Liberal, and many probably don't have a problem with being called that.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Maybe we should start off with what Detroit is NOT, and just go with the process of elimination.
    Well, it's sure not even a Scooby Doo ghost town.

San Francisco is a 4w3, it's a bunch of image conscious, PC liberal bastards. But 7w6 is acceptable, too. LA is not a 3w4, overall, it's a 7w6, just like I said, and just like most of California. The movie industry is a 3, though.

What about Pittsburgh?

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Lol Berlin is some kind of stereotypical mecca for US liberals. I don't know what's so great about it, just a lot of plains, wind, turkish people and avant-garde / snobbish hipsters. Central / southern germany is 54352334 times better.
    Plains in Berlin? Where did you see plains? (am having a mental image of the empty prairie and tumbleweeds here, which doesn't really work with Germany)

And you were probably only staying in the Prenzlauer Berg area, where all the hipsters live. Berlin is trendy but it's also very raw, at times dirty and down-to-earth, it's one of the poorest cities in Germany and the one with the highest unemployment (Berliners have the slogan, "Poor and sexy" for a reason).

On the other hand it is vibrant, very accepting (if you want to dress like a goth, a hipster or like you just fell out of a tree, feel free), it has one of the best clubbing scenes in the world, an incredible history (it was the epicentre of 20th century history), a lot of depth and it feels cutting edge, that's why all the artists go there. I love that Berlin is so edgy and honest, the whole bandwidth of positive and negative human emotions is so out there (just look at Berlin's history and all the memorials reminding us of it, for example the remains of the Berlin Wall, the Holocaust memorial etc) In contrast a lot of Southern Germany is so pristine that it makes me want to spill something or spit on the pavement just to liven things up a bit. There you are also likely to meet the kind of Germans who tell off their neighbours for not hanging up their washing correctly.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    Plains in Berlin? Where did you see plains? (am having a mental image of the empty prairie and tumbleweeds here, which doesn't really work with Germany)

And you were probably only staying in the Prenzlauer Berg area, where all the hipsters live. Berlin is trendy but it's also very raw, at times dirty and down-to-earth, it's one of the poorest cities in Germany and the one with the highest unemployment (Berliners have the slogan, "Poor and sexy" for a reason).

On the other hand it is vibrant, very accepting (if you want to dress like a goth, a hipster or like you just fell out of a tree, feel free), it has one of the best clubbing scenes in the world, an incredible history (it was the epicentre of 20th century history), a lot of depth and it feels cutting edge, that's why all the artists go there. I love that Berlin is so edgy and honest, the whole bandwidth of positive and negative human emotions is so out there (just look at Berlin's history and all the memorials reminding us of it, for example the remains of the Berlin Wall, the Holocaust memorial etc) In contrast a lot of Southern Germany is so pristine that it makes me want to spill something or spit on the pavement just to liven things up a bit. There you are also likely to meet the kind of Germans who tell off their neighbours for not hanging up their washing correctly.
    It surely does have one of the greatest range of emotions I've come across in a city. I pick up feelings very strongly from certain places/cities, and the feelings I had in that city were strange and disturbing. The weight of history, the shocking and thrilling things that have happened, the genuinely avant-garde spirit - Berlin is THE city on the artistic cutting edge today, apparently, as London and New York have been in the past. I was fascinated and bewildered by it in just a few days I spent there.

Mind you, I also like central and southern Germany.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

What do you guys think Portland, Seattle, and Vancouver BC would be?
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    What do you guys think Portland, Seattle, and Vancouver BC would be?
    Vancouver - maybe 1w9?

West Coast Canadians (and I speak as one) can be very "THIS IS THE WAY YOU MUST DO THINGS", but in a PC, hippy, inclusive kind of way - if that makes the tiniest bit of sense - seems like 1w9 would fit best for that or maybe 9w1?
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Seattle 5w4
    Portland PDX 4w5
    San Fran 7
    Chicago 8
    New York 3
    New Orleans 4w3
    Anchorage 6
    Minneapolis 2w3
    Vegas 7
    Denver 6w5
    Miami 7w8
    Hartford 5w4
    Boston 6w5
    Humboldt county 9
    L.A 666
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Anew Leaf

Den Haag seemed very IXXP to me. So relaxed and laid back. I would go back there to live in a heartbeat.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Marseille: 7w8
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Sniffles

Historically at least, Detroit could be seen as a type 3 city(3w4?), mostly due to its status as a major industrial center.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    There you are also likely to meet the kind of Germans who tell off their neighbours for not hanging up their washing correctly.
    Oh I'd have plenty of fun with these people.