User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

San Francisco is clearly 7w6, and Tokyo is 5/1w9, like the whole Japan is. New York is 8.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    San Francisco is clearly 7w6, and Tokyo is 5/1w9, like the whole Japan is. New York is 8.
    Tokyo is 3. trust me, I've done 100s of hours of research into the samurai and japanese culture. the entirety of Japanese history revolves around honor, glory, reputation, achievement and status. Japan is so 3 it makes america look 9
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Tokyo is 3. trust me, I've done 100s of hours of research into the samurai and japanese culture. the entirety of Japanese history revolves around honor, glory, reputation, achievement and status. Japan is so 3 it makes america look 9
    Above all, the japanes culture is a culture where you prefer to kill yourself rather than fail to respect the moral standards. A culture of violence and anger redirectingf toward rigid rules and control/self-control, with also a passion for violence and anger: 1. 3s is not related on moral consitency and rigid imposed norms. 3s is transformism, where you settle on your project to transform yourself and your destiny, Japen is a rigid and conservative culture where you must keep your place when you have it and follow rules: 1.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Above all, the japanes culture is a culture where you prefer to kill yourself rather than fail to respect the moral standards. A culture of violence and anger redirectingf toward rigid rules and control/self-control, with also a passion for violence and anger: 1. 3s is not related on moral consitency and rigid imposed norms. 3s is transformism, where you settle on your project to transform yourself and your destiny, Japen is a rigid and conservative culture where you must keep your place when you have it and follow rules: 1.
    I can definitely see a lot of 1 in Japanese history, but I see more 3, especially in modern times
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I kind of agree, I read a bit of stuff about samurais, and it talked a lot about ridding yourself of your ego, seems like they encourage healthyness in 3s.

Australia - 6? I don't like the idea of identifying the whole country with one type, but whatever.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

I have heard Chinese Confucianism is a 1w9 philosophy, where everything is based around proper protocols.

A culture based around service and self sacrifice... wouldn't that make Japan a 2-centric culture? 2s are achievers in the sense that they try to be the best at their prescribed role, and it's not so much for the sake of competition like a 3 would have it, but for the sake of self image (or honor in this case).
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Although some cities have here received several typings, there seems to be a reluctance to type London, one of the most fascinating and bewildering cities in the world, and in my opinion, the greatest.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Although some cities have here received several typings, there seems to be a reluctance to type London, one of the most fascinating and bewildering cities in the world, and in my opinion, the greatest.
    You are so not biased! London isn't my favourite city in the world but it's up there.

New York: 3 (everything is sub-ordinate to status, work, image)

Berlin: 4w5 or 9w1 (insane amounts of artists, chilled out and NOT status conscious, just come as you are)

London: 3ish (SilkRoad, why do you think it's a 6?), I find it hard to type London, what type is a super-vibrant, insanely busy, multicultural, constantly changing, multi-faceted world city?

San Francisco: 1w9? (in its own way very moral, breeding ground for eco facists and rabid vegans (a term that I learnt while staying in San Francisco))

Portland, Oregon: 4w5 or 9w1?

Munich: 7w8 or 3w2? (German centre of hedonism and people who like to show off what they have)

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    You are so not biased! London isn't my favourite city in the world but it's up there.

New York: 3 (everything is sub-ordinate to status, work, image)

Berlin: 4w5 or 9w1 (insane amounts of artists, chilled out and NOT status conscious, just come as you are)

London: 3ish (SilkRoad, why do you think it's a 6?), I find it hard to type London, what type is a super-vibrant, insanely busy, multicultural, constantly changing, multi-faceted world city?

San Francisco: 1w9? (in its own way very moral, breeding ground for eco facists and rabid vegans (a term that I learnt while staying in San Francisco))

Portland, Oregon: 4w5 or 9w1?

Munich: 7w8 or 3w2? (German centre of hedonism and people who like to show off what they have)
    it's probably some narcissistic desire to be the same type as London...seriously London could be a 3, but I think that could probably apply to many big cities as status, image and achievement tend to be paramount in the great cities of the world. But maybe I thought 6 partly because London seems to be a city for all kinds of people and there are all kinds of 6s out there, they come in a lot of different flavours... Going out on a limb, I could see phobic 6 in its friendlier and homier aspects, the parks, my local cafe where they always call me darling, and also in its subterranean nervous energy, its dark and hidden aspects, its underground rivers and secret symbols, of which there are many. I could see counterphobic 6 in its hedonistic side, the pubs and clubs, people acting silly and wearing sparkly Union Jack hats for the royal wedding.

Totally going out on a limb. And I'm not sure how practical it is to assign an enneagram type to a city! Big cities are by their nature multi-faceted, some even more than others...

I wonder about Berlin - of course I haven't spent much time there, but the feelings I picked up seemed too dark and unsettled for it to be a 9. But then, somewhat like 6s, I think 9s are less calm than they appear on the surface...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Berlin is 6 IMO. Very intelectual, artisitic and innovative with big deal and totalitarism, power, paranaoia and ciriticism of opression, the city who fight until the last breath, alone against the world. Integrated in 9 when reunified.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%