User Tag List

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Default I have a question...

I surfed the net and looked around a little bit but couldn't ind any answers.

what's the so/sx/sp stuff? I have absolutely no idea what these letters mean or why they are often listed with Enneagram types. I understand the Enneagram to an extent, but not these sx/so/sp/blah blah blah stuff.

someone run a brief general description by me?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFP

Hi there,

The 'sp,' 'sx' and 'so' stand for 'self-preservation,' 'sexual' (or intimate) and 'social.' These are referred to as instinctual variants (which should drag up some useful stuff on Google for further research.) The basic idea is that we, as humans have three primary instincts: to sustain earthly needs such as food, warmth, financial security and safety (self pres,) to belong to something bigger than ourselves, to fit in (social) and to have an intense connection with things and people. (sexual)

Everyone has all of these desires, but as individuals, we put more stock by certain ones more than others, hence they written beside your enneagram in order of preference. This is referred to as stacking, and you usually mention your first two strongest, so for example I relate to both 4w5 so/sx and 4w5 sp/sx if that's possible .

Check out:
    the enneagram ...info from the underground

It should tell you all you need to know to begin with

PS: BlackCat also happens to have excellent Enneagram-based knowledge and a very kind disposition. He has posted a very comprehensive list of insightful resources in a sticky at the top of the Enneagram section here which you might appreciate.
    Last edited by FalseHeartDothKnow; 08-03-2010 at 06:50 AM.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by FalseHeartDothKnow View Post
    Hi there,

The 'sp,' 'sx' and 'so' stand for 'self-preservation,' 'sexual' (or intimate) and 'social.' These are referred to as instinctual variants (which should drag up some useful stuff on Google for further research.) The basic idea is that we, as humans have three primary instincts: to sustain earthly needs such as food, warmth, financial security and safety (self pres,) to belong to something bigger than ourselves, to fit in (social) and to have an intense connection with things and people. (sexual)

Everyone all of these desires, but as individuals, we put more stock by certain ones more than others, hence they written beside your enneagram in order of preference. This is referred to as stacking, and you usually mention your first two strongest, so for example I relate to both 4w5 so/sx and 4w5 sp/sx if that's possible .

Check out:
    the enneagram ...info from the underground

It should tell you all you need to know to begin with

PS: BlackCat also happens to have excellent Enneagram-based knowledge and a very kind disposition. He has posted a very comprehensive list of insightful resources in a sticky at the top of the Enneagram section here which you might appreciate.
    Wow, alright. that's very intriguing. I really appreciate you taking the time to share this with me.

And I will check out BC's thread...he's a genius.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I took the first Enneagram test I've taken in almost a year

7w8 so/sx

close to a 3w4 sx/so

I read today in some thread that 7w8s can be a lot like 4w3s. makes sense. Pretty sure it was BlackCat that said it.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think 7w8 sx/so or so/sx works for you. Have you read the main type seven thread? http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ype-seven.html

Thanks for the complement as well.

And anything you might need would be in my reference thread in my sig. Check out the triads, short type descriptions, all that jazz.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)