• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram Testing

Loliz

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
6w7
So it took me about 2.5 years to figure out my Enneagram type. (Thanks to my therapists suggestion, I finally did!) There is a way in which this system is really hard for me to get a handle on, as I don't understand subconscious motives intuitively. I took many many different Enneagram typing tests, and read over and over and over about this system trying to figure out how to see the world this way. The tests never seem quite right! I never trust them or peoples characterization of themselves. (I am a 6 too ;))

Anyway, I was "randomly researching" ADD and the enneagram - trying to figure out my roommate's type - and found this test of sorts:

A, D (Type 1)
A, E (Type 2)
C, D (Type 3)
B, F (Type 4)
B, D (Type 5)
A, F (Type 6)
C, E (Type 7)
C, F (Type 8)
B, E (Type 9)

n each of the following 2 questions, choose the option that BEST describes how you ARE most of the time. (And not how you want to be or feel you ought to be.) As always, this quiz will work best if you are as honest as possible with yourself.

A. I have tended to be extremely responsible and dedicated. I feel terrible if I don't keep my commitments and do what's expected of me. I want people to know that I'm there for them and that I'll do what I believe is best for them. I've often made great personal sacrifices for the sake of others, whether they know it or not. I often don't take adequate care of myself - I do the work that needs to be done and relax (and do what I really want) only if there's time left.

B. I have tended to be quiet and am used to being on my own. I usually don't draw much attention to myself socially, and it's generally unusual for me to assert myself all that forcefully. I don't feel comfortable taking the lead or being as competitive as others. Many would probably say that I'm something of a dreamer - a lot of my excitement goes on in my imagination. I can be quite content without feeling I have to be active all the time.

C. I have tended to be fairly independent and assertive: I've felt that life works best when you meet it head-on. I set my own goals, get involved, and want to make things happen. I don't like sitting around - I want to achieve something big and have an impact. I don't necessarily seek confrontations, but I don't let people push me around, either. Most of the time I know what I want, and I go for it. I tend to work hard and to play hard.

D. I tend to be self-controlled and logical - I am uncomfortable dealing with feelings. I am efficient - even perfectionistic - and prefer working on my own. When there are problems or personal conflicts, I try not to bring my feelings into the situation. Some say I'm too cool and detached, but I don't want my emotional reactions to distract me from what's really important to me. I usually don't show my reactions when others "get to me."

E. I am a person who usually maintains a positive outlook and feels that things will work out for the best. I can usually find something to be enthusiastic about and different ways to occupy myself. I like being around people and helping others to be happy - I enjoy sharing my own well-being with them. (I don't always feel great, but I try not to show it to anyone!) However, staying positive has sometimes meant that I've put off dealing with my own problems for too long.

F. I am a person who has strong feelings about things - most people can tell when I'm unhappy about something. I can be guarded with people, but I'm more sensitive than I let on. I want to know where I stand with others and who and what I can count on - it's pretty clear to most people where they stand with me. When I'm upset about something, I want others to respond and to get as worked up as I am. I know the rules, but I don't want people telling me what to do. I want to decide for myself.

-------------

Any thoughts on it? I always used the eclectic energies one with instinctual variant, but this one might be really helpful! I will find out soon!

(Also, does anyone have any thoughts on whether someone can be a 2 an not have any close friends? I know 2 people that have tested as a 2, but have absolutely no close relationships, nor do they ever become dependent on anyone else. Is this possible? That would seem like a rather empty 2. )

G

garbage

According to this, I'm type 1.

It's interesting to see where the types are actually similar.

Loliz

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
6w7
It might only be testing Hornevian grouping (1st question: Compliant, Withdrawn, Assertive) and Harmonic grouping (2nd question: Competency, Positive Outlook, Reactive) - which is still really different than the other tests.

An INFJ 3w4 is pretty interesting combo, Mister! Although, maybe the INFJ 4w3 is similar but more common.

G

garbage

It might only be testing Hornevian grouping (1st question: Compliant, Withdrawn, Assertive) and Harmonic grouping (2nd question: Competency, Positive Outlook, Reactive) - which is still really different than the other tests.

Why have I never heard of Hornevian grouping before

In looking at it, yeah.. looks like it's testing those groupings. It's nice to know that reasonable groupings actually exist.

An INFJ 3w4 is pretty interesting combo, Mister! Although, maybe the INFJ 4w3 is similar but more common.

I could totally be wrong about it. I answered the stickied Enneagram poll as a "2w1" :doh:

I do know that other self-proclaimed INFJ/ENFP 3s exist. And that's important.

Anyway, welcome to the forums, too

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
w00t, I'm a stereotypical 7 [according to the two-question test] then :D

lucibelle

MBTI Type
I__P
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hmm...There was no option on the second question that sounded anything like me :(
Ended up going with F though it didn't really sound like me...Got 4 as a result, then. Guess that's ok. Think it fits me better than the 5 I always score as on tests, anyhow.

Edit: Whoa. Just started reading up a 4 profile, and it actually does sound a lot like me. I am suprised. I think I might be a 4.

Rena

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
This is actually the test from the book "Wisdom of the Enneagram" by Riso/Hudson. I use it a lot in testing people. It's extremely simplified, but effective. Some people are just more difficult to type than others. For these people, I don't think any one test is going to give them the answer. They will have to take several tests just to narrow down to two or three choices, and from that point it's reading and researching the top choices.

And yes, Sixes are quite the little skeptics. :unsure: I have one good friend who is a Six and will admit it sounds exactly like her, but still doubts how "they" know her so well and that it seems a little kooky. Ah Sixes- you gotta love 'em. :hug:

If you haven't checked out that book you should- it's my favorite of Enneagram Institutes' books.

Amazon.com: Used and New: The Wisdom of the Enneagram: The Complete Guide to Psychological and Spiritual Growth for the Nine Personality Types

Loliz

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
6w7
Thanks, Rena. I have a stack of Enneagram books, but not that one. Always good to know which ones are worth it! I accidentally bought one about the Enneagram and the bible once...(And your friend seems to have a very good question, I'd say. ;))

Oh! And glad the test was useful, Lucibelle! I am going to try it on all my friends today.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
B. I have tended to be quiet and am used to being on my own. I usually don't draw much attention to myself socially, and it's generally unusual for me to assert myself all that forcefully. I don't feel comfortable taking the lead or being as competitive as others. Many would probably say that I'm something of a dreamer - a lot of my excitement goes on in my imagination. I can be quite content without feeling I have to be active all the time.

This is probably what is more accurate for how I am, although I aspire to be choice A. I can be like choice A when it comes to getting assignments and work done, career goals, but when it comes to other little things, I am much more in tune with what is going on inside my head. I'm not very competitive, but I like being a leader in the non-traditional sense (i.e. being the brainchild of an idea or project, teaching others, being a central well of knowledge on a given topic). Part of me would like to be an upfront leader, but I'm not too comfortable with all the attention though. But I am very much used to being on my own and entertaining myself with my own thoughts. I don't need constant activity all the time, I'm much more comfortable doing artistic/intellectual types of things, like writing, music, and visiting museums.

----
F. I am a person who has strong feelings about things - most people can tell when I'm unhappy about something. I can be guarded with people, but I'm more sensitive than I let on. I want to know where I stand with others and who and what I can count on - it's pretty clear to most people where they stand with me. When I'm upset about something, I want others to respond and to get as worked up as I am. I know the rules, but I don't want people telling me what to do. I want to decide for myself.

Guilty as charged, LOL. I don't think I need to explain further.

---

So according to this, I'm a 4.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought this was quite good, and lines up with what I've enneagrammed myself as. Definitely B/D for me.

B was the obvious choice within the A/B/C question. I'm definitely not A, and although I think I aspire to C, B describes my natural state.

Within the D/E/F, there were elements of F which fit, but ultimately when it comes to conflict and how I handle my emotions around others, I am incredibly D-ish (and have been told by a few people during conflict that I'm cold and detached, and once, even robotic - although, lol, the 'robotic' element was just because I refused to react as dramatically as the other person... someone needs to stay calm!!). I'm also extremely self-controlled (that has been an element of myself my entire life) and 'efficient'.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Huh, this is pretty good. I'm definitely B,F, so type 4. I've only done the Enneagram test once, and I tested 5w4, but I've always kind of thought 4w5 sounds more like me.