• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Max's Enneagram

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
After distrusting the Enneagram for so long, I looked into it again today, and now I'm pretty sure that I'm a 1 based on a test I took today that looks better than others I've taken in the past. Here is the result:
enneagram.png

As expected, 3 was up there as well, since I do relate to that one a lot. The main qualm I have with this result though, is that it says that I'm the sexual variant, when after reading the descriptions of the variants, I was almost positive I'd be the self-preservation. That one is still associated with the 3 though, so either the sp-variant or the 3 or both even still look possible.
People of the self-preservation variant are generally trying to be comfortable and independent.
and are typically less spontaneous and don't show as much emotion as people of the other two subtypes of their enneagram type.
This concerns the sp-variant, and it's very accurate for me.
care less about rules and responsibility.
This, on the other hand, concerns the sexual variant, and is less accurate. At least when compared to what seems average and those around me, I do care more about rules than others. I mean, for certain things, like when the limit is 70 on the highway, I'll do 80; it's what everyone around me is doing and it's not putting anyone in danger. And I've drank before and I'm under 21, but my body is still fully developed and I still have control over myself, and I know not to drive. Plus I rarely drink anyway; only when the opportunity is just right, really, not getting completely wasted several times a week like most drinkers I know. For things like that, I'll bend the rules, but honestly, who doesn't?
Being in a relationship is very important to them.
Then there's this. This is under the sexual variant again. I don't know if this is referring to a romantic relationship specifically or just close friends, but either way, I'm so used to being isolated from others in that way that I don't really even bother to do much about it. I've met people who will get in a relationship with someone who may not be completely right for them, and has perhaps even caused them a lot of trouble or pain in the past, but they will get back with them anyway because they can't stand being alone. Though I'm pretty damn sick of being alone, I just don't have it in me to develop a relationship with someone I couldn't trust or have another good reason for not being with, just for the sake of avoiding being alone. That's the case with every woman I've ever had interest in, and in terms of my closer male friends, I can really only be so close to them, seeing how a mancrush is really not acceptable these days with all the prejudice against homosexuality and whatnot. Oh well, I still have my mancrushes, and I had longed to be closer with them.

Also, it's worth noting that this is from the second time I took the test today; I took it once before earlier, but I accidentally closed the window and lost the results. The result here is pretty much identical to the first one, which is what I was aiming for, except it said I had balanced wings as opposed to the 9 that's indicated up there, which seems a lot more accurate, seeing as both my 9 and 2 are crap either way.

I don't know. I just feel like ranting right now, lol. Any discussion or insight is appreciated.

The_World_As_Will

Hi Max , First off even though I know you are distrusting of the enneagram, I find the eclectic energies sight to be poor at best. Try this test and see if you get the same result for verification.

Alternatively, Regarding the point of this thread and you being a 1w9 sx have you read these descriptions of that type? It may help. Hope this was somewhat helpful and not a rant on my part.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
The distribution of your scores:
Type 1: 13

Type 2: 7

Type 3: 14

Type 4: 6

Type 5: 15

Type 6: 7

Type 7: 11

Type 8: 8

Type 9: 3

Your probable Enneagram Type(s)

Your main type is probably 5
Considering the wings, you should be a 5w6

Holy shit, that can't be right...

As I was taking that test though, I was kind of expecting something like that to happen. It seemed like a lot of those questions were asking the same thing: "Intellect, emotions, or impulses?," each to which I chose Intellect. Plus a lot of the other questions were hard to answer.

The first test I took that I posted the results to had pretty simple questions and seems more valid overall to me, seeing as I expected to be a 1 or 3, or possibly even 8 based on my prior knowledge of the Enneagram.

Edit: Whoops, forgot about the second part of your post. I'm looking over that now.

Edit again: Okay. After having read that, I have to say that both the Sexual/Self-pres and Self-pres/Sexual sections sound accurate; I'm not sure which one I'm supposed to be.
On the down side, they can be brutal to others while being very sensitive themselves to the slightest criticism.
Haha. Sort of, but not really. I'm all for criticism when it's objective and based on some standard, but if not, I can get pretty pissed off.
and they also tend to be more emotionally demonstrative than the other non-sexual subtypes.
I don't know how "the other non-sexual subtypes" are, but assuming this is saying that I'm more likely to show my emotions, it's wrong. Generally, I present a very positive image of myself towards others, and I don't like sharing my problems, and naturally I don't share my feelings with others either.

The_World_As_Will

Hmm, yeah I certainly see your point, I think the aim of it was to be rather quick and simple, Try this one, it's quite unusual in the way it's set up. But I have to say, if you think you are a 1w9 and you have ruled out any other logical alternative, than perhaps you are one?, And to address the issue of the sexual variant in your initial post, the variant IMO wouldn't necessarily be about romantic relationships, More-so about having one-on-one Connections with individuals, this may extend to romantic relationships but there is much more depth there. You should read about the variants more, it may provide a better depth to help you solve your issue

Here

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
I see what you're saying. I think, at this point, that I am probably a 1, and based on what I've read so far, the sexual variant sounds pretty accurate now as well. Also, some of these readings have stated or implied that a sexual 1 is a rather rare and contradictory combination in some ways, which makes sense.

That last test also gave me 1w9, but with 53 points in favor of 1 and 52 in favor of 3, which is a very small margin. I'm just gonna call myself a 1 for now. I thing the wing concept is bullshit, especially in my case, since I'm really not 2 or 9 in the least bit.

And to be honest with you, I don't really have an "issue," or any reason like that to post this thread, really, I just felt like ranting and getting my thoughts out, and possibly promoting some insight.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not entirely sure if you strike me as a 1. You kinda seem like a 3, too. Though not an 8. And those are the three that ESTJs generally are.

You might be thrown off by dumb and/or overly pretentious type descriptions, so here are some that aren't either of those things and therefore might be more helpful to you:

Type 3 Enneagram Type Description |9types.com (key phrase here: "putting on facades in order to impress people")
Type 1 Enneagram Type Description |9types.com (key phrase here: "hold back negative emotions")

Dunno if the 3 one is accurate, but since I'm 99% sure I'm a 1, I can tell you that I relate to the 1 description here more than any other site's.

I like this one too:

Enneagram Personality Type One: The Perfectionist