User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Instinctual Variants in an 'Off the Wall' Scenario Game

I will live in the streets, with other indigents, with no friends, and parents, i will prefer to bear it alone. Maybe is pride, or shame, or anger... I dont know but i will refuse to live with friends or parents...
    Maybe i'll write some good poetry and a prostitute will fall in love with me and i will transmite my leper and she will transmite her gonorrea or sifilis...
    Maybe if i feel free in certain ways, i will be a bit happy.

Dream is cheap

6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp

"Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski

6w7 so/sx
    EII Ne

1. instinctive behavior towards people:
    i believe in human goodness and the persistence of an "underground" that goes against mainstream society. i would try to be kind and show people that i am worthwhile. i am naturally usually quite good 1-on-1 so i tend to think i could sway individuals. plus the internet would be a major, major help.

2. biggest priority:
    a meaningful life, changing the world for the better. same as it is now.

3. dating:
    i've never really dated much IRL anyway. i tend to transition from friendship into something more (or someone has to convince me otherwise). i imagine it would work the same in that case - i'd trust love to find me instead of hunting it down.

4. biggest concern?
    i like people and it would be hard to be disliked by most people for something that is not my fault.

5. change variant order?
    no. short of those who experience major traumatic events, i don't really believe most people will experience a change in personality type during their lives.

7. what would keep you happy?
    doing something meaningful with my life, finding ways to get people to interact with me. i'd probably try to network a bunch of lepers with each other for mutual support.

Certified Sausage Smoker Array Elfboy's Avatar
    5w4 sx/sp
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by FalseHeartDothKnow View Post
    Ok, so the aim of this game is to understand what happens to people when their Instinctual Variant is blocked by circumstance. In order to get all the variants in properly, I had to come up with a pretty bleak sounding scenario, so apologies for that in advance. This was the only way I could think of to examine the variants under stress. Let's begin:

You're MBTI, Enneagram and Variants are the same, but now you're a leper, one of the only ones, and it kinda freaks most people out. A lot of the time, you find that people won't come near you, because they don't wanna catch it, (and if they got too close they would.) You can't work so you have very little money/security, and few employment opportunities but you have your own reasons to wanna live, and a few friends that are prepared to give you a room in their house, (though quite far from them) but those people are kind of frowned upon because of it.

This situation cannot be changed.

For each variant combination:

1. How would you instinctively behave towards people?
    2. What would be your biggest priority?
    3. How would you feel about the idea of dating?
    4. What is your biggest concern about all of this?
    5. Do you think this might change your variant order? How?
    7. What would keep you happy?
    1) I keep my distance. if I like them, need them or have use for them, I keep them close. this shouldn't suggest I'm antisocial (though I do have such tendencies under stress) but I'm never really "one of the guys" or "part of the community" (though I have pretended to be in the past, it felt extremely unnatural for me). I will mingle with people when they're interesting, but I often get bored quickly and leave
    2) comfort, freedom
    3) I don't like traditional dating. I prefer a spectrum between sexual/non sexual friendship. if it turns into sex, it turns into sex
    4) about what?
    5) I would probably notice my own safety, comfort and independence less if I was a different instinct variant. it would still be a priority, but probably not quite as high as it it now (ENFP + 7w8 + Sp/Sx = a pretty compounded desire for freedom)
    6) see number 2
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

9w8 so/sx

1. How would you instinctively behave towards people? Defensively and skeptically.

2. What would be your biggest priority? Surviving.

3. How would you feel about the idea of dating? Meh. I could live without it.

4. What is your biggest concern about all of this? Lack of lifestyle and lack of fun social interaction.

5. Do you think this might change your variant order? How? As I'm a sp/so, no. I would however be totally miserable much of the time.

7. What would keep you happy? The small social group that I am allowed and finding ways to make money would keep me okay. I would have to surround myself with a kitten army, it would cover both my desire to collect material things, and social interaction!