User Tag List

View Poll Results: ExTPs - what's your stack? (Either confirmed or guessed)

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • so/sx

1 3.70%
  • so/sp

3 11.11%
  • sp/so

5 18.52%
  • sp/sx

2 7.41%
  • sx/so

12 44.44%
  • sx/sp

4 14.81%
123 Last

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Default ENTPs and ESTPs: What's your Instinctual Variant Stacking??

I'm seeing a bunch of ExTP sx-doms on the site. What's all that about?

I know, I know, MBTI =/= Enneagram. But it seems like the two descriptors completely contradict each other. I can't imagine that many ENTPs would be into "deep, one-on-one connectons". I can imagine that for ENFPs, but not ENTPs or ESTPs.

I thought my stack, so/sp would be the typical ENTP's stack, but I guess not?
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

sxsp

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I answered earlier even though I noted that while the thread is interested in ESTPs the poll is not... therefore I answered the poll just to annoy it

sp/so for me
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I'm a confirmed ESTP 7w8 sx/so.

Correlation is not causation, but I would venture to say that where MBTI and Enneagram types align, there is a sufficiently strong indication that certain traits tend to have a higher probability of aggregating with others than not.

I've never met an ESTP 4w5, or 5w4.
    I've never met an INFJ 7w8, or 8w7.

Know what I mean?
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    I'm seeing a bunch of ExTP sx-doms on the site. What's all that about?

I know, I know, MBTI =/= Enneagram. But it seems like the two descriptors completely contradict each other. I can't imagine that many ENTPs would be into "deep, one-on-one connectons". I can imagine that for ENFPs, but not ENTPs or ESTPs.

I thought my stack, so/sp would be the typical ENTP's stack, but I guess not?
    I'm sx/sp. I'm not sure that there are typical variants associated with each type or excluded form certain types. The whole point of the variants is that they can belong to any enneagram and/or any MBTI type. Maybe introverts (IxTx perhaps) are more associated with sp, but I can't really think of any other variants that are "typical" of an MBTI type.

I don't see why you think sx contradicts with ExTP. Pe causes general curiosity in many things, people included, and forming deep bonds is a way of coming across novelty through relationships, thus fulfilling curiosity.

Additionally, tertiary Fe that is well-developed leaves makes ExTPs want to share themselves, their emotions, their desires, their values, etc. with others.

I really have trouble seeing why the ExTP outlook and the outlook that values "forming deep connections" are contradictory. You seem to have a faulty notion of what it means to be ExTP; it certainly does not eliminate room for desiring deep bonds.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I'm so/sp.
    I'm either 6w7 or 7w6 in Enneagram.. never really figured out which number is stronger.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

ESTPs can vote in the poll too. I can't seem to edit the poll title for some reason.

And as for why I think Sx is incompatible with ENTP, it's because I thought SX was the opposite of what they wanted (that is, unless you borrow the ENTP's E and sandwich it between the 2 letters for a good threesome)

I figured that instead of focusing on one person or being obsessed with romance (which I take, is what sx represents, at least partially), it would focus on the whole world and people in general - so.

I can maybe see so/sx. The 2ndary sx gives them just an edge of charisma, but it's "social" that represents their long-range desires. As an so/sp, I don't really like one-on-one conversations. I'd prefer a group setting. Much livelier, less pressure, and kinder to my attention spa
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

As my sig states, I'm sx/so. To explain why, I'll quote a few lines from BlackCat's thread describing the three variants.

In all things, Sexual types seek intense contact. They may find intensity in a ski jump, a deep conversation, or an exciting movie. They tend to follow their attractions...Sexual types gravitate toward people they feel magnetized by, regardless of the person's potential for helping them or their social standing. It is as if they were asking, "Where is the juice in this room? Whose energy is the most intense?"

...Sexual types tend to have difficulty pursuing their own projects or taking adequate care of themselves, because on a subconscious level, they are always looking outside themselves for the person or situation that will complete them. They are like a plug looking for a socket and can become obsessed with another if they feel they have the right person for them. They may neglect important obligations, or even their own basic necessities, if they are swept up in someone or something that has captivated them.
    All of that is a dead-on description of my approach to life. I can't speak to how well it fits ENTP, but I think sx/so is a perfect match for ESTP.
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    All of that is a dead-on description of my approach to life. I can't speak to how well it fits ENTP, but I think sx/so is a perfect match for ESTP.
    Isn't it a wonderful life? I LOVE IT!!!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

how can i figure out what my enneagram is?
    what's this sx/so nonsense?
    we fukin won boys