User Tag List

First 311121314 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I see my name, but don't really know what people are talking about here. All a bit deep for me...

When I talk about conflict, I'm talking about the friction / tension created by opposing viewpoints. I find it energizing. I'm not talking about emotional conflict, which is draining.
    Agreement is an anti-climax. There is nowhere to go once one reaches agreement and I find that dull, so I'll sometimes disagree just to keep things moving (also because I'm rarely certain of anything). It's the flakey SX in me, I guess. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    I see my name, but don't really know what people are talking about here. All a bit deep for me...

When I talk about conflict, I'm talking about the friction / tension created by opposing viewpoints. I find it energizing. I'm not talking about emotional conflict, which is draining.
    Agreement is an anti-climax. There is nowhere to go once one reaches agreement and I find that dull, so I'll sometimes disagree just to keep things moving (also because I'm rarely certain of anything). It's the flakey SX in me, I guess. .
    At least it makes your posts interesting. I'm rarely sure if my serious contributions are really of any help to a topic.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

@Morgan: LOL, disagree to keep things moving! You are so cute .. actually I love a good debate too. I wandered over to use provocative examples in this thread, so I took the thread away from objectivity myself right there, but wanted all the responses to stay objective, because I said so! Hee, not everyone followed my guidelines tho. My motivation was to try not to offend anyone, but that's hard to control even with rampant disclaimers all over the place.

Conflict for me relates more to interpersonal stuff, or when personal stuff gets muddied up in objective topics. I don't feel like it's a conflict if you and I both have alternate viewpoints about facts; I don't find that threatening. What I do find threatening is if you tell me I'm a big jerk because I believe those facts. That's dirty fightin'!.

It's the emotional stuff that I feel a need to establish harmony and rapport within. I don't feel that same need when it comes down to facts and opinions. And even with emotional stuff, we don't have to agree, just respect each other's vantage points.

@kitteh: of course we love your contributions. I always find your POV of interest.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

One thing I have a problem with with sx lasts is they just seem to be bad with maintaining relationships. From what I've observed they usually maintain a couple of real friendships at a time and have a ton of acquaintances.

The issue I'm currently having is with one of my best friends... he just seems to have me in the backburner. There are two other people he's CONSTANTLY with; like any time he's off work. His girlfriend and a guy he knows from work specifically.

I've known him since I was a freshman, and I am just starting to feel ignored. He is always texting on his phone (like always, ignores everyone else in the room if he's texting) but I hardly ever get texted.

And he doesn't think badly of me, believe me. We're really tight. It just seems like he forgets about me when he wants to do stuff. He just always goes and does things with those two people. It's really annoying. I don't know if he considers me a "doing stuff" friend or a talking friend or what... usually what we do is chill at his house and watch movies.

It's all really perplexing to me; since I try to maintain all of my important relationships and he just doesn't really seem to be like that at all... I've accepted that he's different from me being an sp/so but sometimes it's really annoying.

Another friend has noticed that too; but it's worse with him. And it's funny, they're really close too and my sp/so friend usually just never texts him back (remember- he's always on his phone). Never really interacts with him except for the occasional text and when the three of us play online games together.

It's almost like he is avoiding the people that he's close with (which are few) and doing things with others who just have an on the surface interaction... could that be a problem with sx last? It's a bit unbelievable to me, but idk what else to think.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

The girlfriend, I'd understand, really. Even I'm like that when someone special is in my world, she takes the first and sometimes I will forget the rest of the world for a while.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    The girlfriend, I'd understand, really. Even I'm like that when someone special is in my world, she takes the first and sometimes I will forget the rest of the world for a while.
    Yeah I can understand that, but he wasn't like that at all with his last girlfriend. I was hanging with them a lot back then.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Yeah I can understand that, but he wasn't like that at all with his last girlfriend. I was hanging with them a lot back then.
    Maybe he managed a critique on his dating and is trying another method to see if this one will work better...

INFP, 6w7, IEI

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    It's almost like he is avoiding the people that he's close with (which are few) and doing things with others who just have an on the surface interaction... could that be a problem with sx last? It's a bit unbelievable to me, but idk what else to think.
    With most people I have this. I like spending time with people and any action. With almost everyone there is a point where it feels like we are spending time together for the sake of spending time together. Such situations feel incredibly draining and tiring. I then either spend time alone or with other people. So far there's really only one person I've met without facing this issue.

This could easily be the reason.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGray View Post
    With most people I have this. I like spending time with people and any action. With almost everyone there is a point where it feels like we are spending time together for the sake of spending time together. Such situations feel incredibly draining and tiring. I then either spend time alone or with other people. So far there's really only one person I've met without facing this issue.

This could easily be the reason.
    Weird... works the other way around for me.

In his words he said "well random people ask me to do stuff, and I just do it." I guess he just doesn't really think about it. I used to hang with him a lot before I had a job... I guess I just have to catch him when he's not doing anything. Ah well. Our relationship is fine, just the way he is is a bit weird to me.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

The sensation is similar to spending too much time with people in general but is slightly longer term. It's in terms of weeks rather than hours.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil