User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Default am i 7 or 4 or 9?

I think that my enneagram type is 7 but the online tests have never been especially decisive. Please feel free to ask me questions to help me figure out my enneagram type. Specific questions would be especially appreciated.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Think of what your main drive in life is...

In the case of 4s, their main drive is to find their place in the world, and usually 4s do this via creativity. They like to set themselves apart from others, regard themselves as unique. They're also quite emotional, and are quintessential romantics. If you find yourself more of the wistful, yearning, romantic type, chances are you're a 4.
    Did you find that in your childhood, you felt left out of something, or lost someone close to you?

9s tend to be much more laid back, and prefer to look on the bright side of life (cue Monty Python song). They also don't like conflict, and do as much as they can to avoid it. If you feel your motto is "Don't worry, be happy." you're likely a 9.

7s need constant entertainment. Have you ever felt the need to get out of the house to spend time with friends?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Thank you, Curious Feeling.
    Here are my answers, which, alas, clarifies nothing...
    First for four:
    I feel that I am very creative. I do a lot of artsy type stuff, as well as crafts. I don't, however, see myself as especially unique and I don't really care to see myself in that way. But I am very expressive and am for sure a romantic type. And, yes, in my childhood, I felt left out. We moved a fair amount and I always felt like the odd kid out. It didn't help that I had an undiagnosed learning disability and that I was much smaller than my classmates.
    Sigh.
    On to nine: Yes, I truly dislike conflict. I tend to walk away when people are quarreling. I just don't like that at all. For the most part, I do tend to be more optimistic than pessimistic.
    I'm not sure, though, if my motto in life is "don't worry, be happy." On the other hand, I'd rather do something about the unpleasant things in life instead of worrying about them.
    OK. Number seven: I truly like entertainment and I like getting out of the house to see friends or just getting out the house...
    Hmmm... I'm just not sure.
    More questions???

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post

In the case of 4s, their main drive is to find their place in the world, and usually 4s do this via creativity. They like to set themselves apart from others, regard themselves as unique. They're also quite emotional, and are quintessential romantics. If you find yourself more of the wistful, yearning, romantic type, chances are you're a 4.
    Did you find that in your childhood, you felt left out of something, or lost someone close to you?

9s tend to be much more laid back, and prefer to look on the bright side of life (cue Monty Python song). They also don't like conflict, and do as much as they can to avoid it. If you feel your motto is "Don't worry, be happy." you're likely a 9.

7s need constant entertainment. Have you ever felt the need to get out of the house to spend time with friends?
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I think it can be hard to tell the difference between 4 and 7 depending on other personality factors. What you described for 4s fits me very well, but I'm actually a 7.
    http://bohemianextrovert.wordpress.com/
    Please excuse the long drawn out ramble above.
    I have to hear what I've said before I know what I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

What were the factors that helped you decide that? Maybe that would help me to decide...:workout:

Quote Originally Posted by angelhair45 View Post
    I think it can be hard to tell the difference between 4 and 7 depending on other personality factors. What you described for 4s fits me very well, but I'm actually a 7.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Consider the core drives of each:

• 4s are afraid of being cut off from having their own unique identity, and overcompensate by drowning themselves in a sea of self-indulgent emotion and reflection.
    • 7s are afraid of having unpleasant feelings or experiences, or being deprived of opportunity, and overcompensate with constant activity and unending optimism.
    • 9s are afraid that they will generate conflict or not be included by others, and overcompensate by being overly-agreeable and calm by withdrawing from unpleasant experiences.

Tip: don't just go with the one you identify with most - go with the one that best reflects why you make the decisions you make on a day-to-day, minute-to-minute basis.
    Hello

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Consider the core drives of each:

• 4s are afraid of being cut off from having their own unique identity, and overcompensate by drowning themselves in a sea of self-indulgent emotion and reflection.
    • 7s are afraid of having unpleasant feelings or experiences, or being deprived of opportunity, and overcompensate with constant activity and unending optimism.
    • 9s are afraid that they will generate conflict or not be included by others, and overcompensate by being overly-agreeable and calm by withdrawing from unpleasant experiences.

Tip: don't just go with the one you identify with most - go with the one that best reflects why you make the decisions you make on a day-to-day, minute-to-minute basis.
    \

Those descriptions would not help me. According to that I'm 7 and 4.

Reading this: Triad Definitions

and this: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ype-seven.html

and this: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...type-four.html

and also this:http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...oint-five.html

helped me figure out what I was.
    http://bohemianextrovert.wordpress.com/
    Please excuse the long drawn out ramble above.
    I have to hear what I've said before I know what I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Based on songs alone, I'm probably a nine! That song makes me smile! It's so cheerful, even when the singer is faced with eviction. I really enjoy all of that happiness. My second favorite was "Girls Just Want to Have Fun." That was good entertainment. The third song didn't do much of anything for me...

you've always seemed 7 to me i have a bigger impression of that than your mbti type actually