User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm pretty sure I'm a 4w5, but in the past few years it seems like my feelings have settled somewhat and I don't experience a lot of the emotional turmoils I used to. Not sure if I'm supposed to do both lists or only the Four one to see if I show 9-ish characteristics, but here goes:

Can Fours typically:

9.1. Hate unnecessary drama.
    I think people who like drama actually like the emotional intensity that comes with it. Personally, I don't like drama -- but maybe it's because I find the emotions that come from unnecessary drama shallow, loud and totally unpretty.

9.2.Seek to be of service to others wherever possible, enjoy looking after those close to them, making them smile.
    Yes, but only with people I really care about. Normally I'm not a people-pleaser. I can be nice, but I have too little energy to take care of everyone.

9.3. Resort to happy fantasy until problems 'blow over' rather than dwelling.
    Never. For me, that's a bad strategy. If you have problems you need to dig deep, try to understand it and deal with it.

9.4. Usually seek to people please, not always jump to defend their thoughts/values/feelings when they feel it might cause friction.
    Nope. The only reason that I don't try to argue my point about something is that I don't have enough energy to do it. For things I care passionately about, though, I will defend it to the death.

9.5. Like being 'normal.'
    Generally, no. Sometimes I have that longing to be like everyone else and fit in, but that's just when I'm stressed and don't have a lot of self-confidence.

9.6. Be low maintainance.
    Physically, yes. Emotionally, not at all. I'm pretty high-maintenance when it comes to attention

9.7. See the positives in most things/people.
    Yep. I try to find excuses for people. However, if they're openly mean, manipulative, evil, I resort to hating them very quickly.

9.8. Present a cheerful face to the world.
    I try to, because I don't want people who care about me to worry.

9.9. Not dwell on their insecurities much.
    Once I'm aware of my own insecurities, I try to understand them so that I can overcome them. So, I guess, no.

Can Nines typically:

4.1. Be openly emotional by nature (albeit to friends and loved ones, this doesn't necessarily refer to sharing problems.)

Yes, as long as I know my 'emotions' won't worry them.

4.2. Enjoy a touch of darkness in imagination (literature etc, Burtonesque fantasy etc.)

4.3. Feel negative about the self.
    I know I'm not perfect, but I'm not too hard on myself. I think I'm a pretty healthy 4, though.

4.4. Be inclined to express themselves well through fiction writing/poetry/art/music.
    Absolutely!

4.5. Idolize others (particularly lovers) whilst not seeing much good in themselves.
    Is this really a 4 trait? I don't really idolize people; I try to see them as who they really are and I try very hard to get a glimpse of their naked soul.

4.6. Come across as 'intense'
    Yep.

4.7. Lapse in self-analysis easily.
    Yep.

4.8. Happily relive/recollect cathartic moments as a means of relieving strong emotions.
    Not really. I think that's also part of 'avoiding' your emotions. I love it when I have strong emotions. It makes me feel alive.

4.9. Become depressive about problems rather than trying to ignore them.
    I can relate to this. I never, ever ignore problems.

brainheart

I... (a 9w1)

Hate unnecessary drama.

Seek to be of service to others when it's not too inconvenient, doesn't mess with my 'zone out time'. I 'look' helpful and accomodating, but I do the bare minimum.

Hide out in my house/ live in fantasy land as a way of avoiding things which make me feel too deeply. I don't want to have to confront those feelings.

Do not always jump to defend my thoughts/values/feelings when I feel it might cause friction. But sometimes I do and it surprises people, myself included.

like being an individual, but I usually keep that to myself.

am exceedingly low maintenance.

See the positives in most things/people when I'm healthy. Unhealthy, I feel like one of the few good ones.

Present an impartial face to the world.

do not dwell on much. I want to solve it so all the bad feelings will go away asap.

can be openly emotional by nature, with my children and animals. Others, I'm fairly reticent.

enjoy a touch of darkness in imagination (literature etc, Burtonesque fantasy etc.) Burtonesque, yes, cause it's cute. Just plain gross and dark, no.

Feel negative about the self sometimes, but usually I'm pretty comfortable with myself.

fiction writing/poetry/art/music is one of the few ways I know how to express myself, because I can be cryptic, just go for the essence of the feeling vs coming right out and saying it.

have an annoying tendency to idolize those who actually act and do what I don't have the guts to do or say, cause I'm too scared I'll disrupt the peace and those I care about will be upset with me/no longer like me.

come across as 'intense' to those few in the world I reveal the full me to.

lapse in self-analysis easily.

agonizingly relive/recollect unpleasant moments as a means of punishing myself when I've made the mistake of revealing myself when I shouldn't have.

become anxious about problems until they somehow magically go away and I can go back to my usual chill self. AAHH.....

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Can Fours typically:

- yes I hate it, but I find that the line defining unnecessary drama is a floating one whos position depends on the person.

9.2. Seek to be of service to others wherever possible, enjoy looking after those close to them, making them smile.
    - There are times I want to be lazy and tell the world fuck off; only inner circle and SO get unconditional/unsolicited service, and only SO gets it when I don't feel like it.

- depends on how directly it affects me or someone close enough.

9.4. Usually seek to people please, not always jump to defend their thoughts/values/feelings when they feel it might cause friction.
    - I've been working on not jumping into the pointless battles. People pleasing also hasn't been a walk in the park, typically garnering as much frustration as the effort put in.

- I like when my environment and company makes me feel normal, but I could care less about being normal to the rest of the world.

- I try to be reasonable, but I have needs too.

- not only, I left that naivete at 5.

- I will try not to spoil the vibe, but if I don't like it there I don't like it there and will try to take my leave as soon as possible. I am not all sunshine and rainbows; the world can deal with it or kiss my ass.

- this is a work in progress...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

A manageable level of drama can be enjoyable, but with people I care about, I try (not always successfully) to avoid drama in order to keep up good relations. I've also come to appreciate the kind of respectability that comes with keeping it cool, and have learned that while drama can be fun at the time it's occurring, it usually makes me feel ashamed at some point in the future.

9.2. Seek to be of service to others wherever possible, enjoy looking after those close to them, making them smile.

Somewhat; very much yes; slightly yes.

I have fantasies about getting rid of my flaws and becoming perfect, but aside from that, I'm very much a dweller.

Yes, this tends to be true of me, although I can be very adamant about certain things.

Being normal is anathema to me, although I sometimes try to fit in, in order to deflect negative sentiments or unwanted attention.

I try very hard to be low maintenance, but the closer you get to me, the higher maintenance I tend to get.

I'm extremely critical of myself, to put it mildly. With other people, I'm just as apt to see their virtues as I am to see their faults.

I tend to present a cheerful or at least untroubled face to the world, but the more you get to know me, the more you come to see that I'm also dark and far from happy.

I have my cheery moments when everything seems tolerable, but at the same time, I'm one of the most insecure people I've ever known.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

You use the term "typically," so are we to assume that means a 4 of 9 in an "average" state of health? (Since healthy vs. unhealthy look worlds different...)
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFP

Erm, very good point...If the answers are gonna be helpful to people how do you guys think healthy/average/unhealthy states should be properly approached here please?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm going to answer from my personal observations of 4's and from my own perspective, to add to the perspective. I'm a 9w8 sx/sp, trifix is 9w8-5w6-2w3.

Can Fours typically:

Me- I hate drama. I try to fix it if it's with close friends. It's like an OCD to fix the problems with my close friends. But if it's with acquaintances and I detect that they are dramatic, I usually just stop talking to them to avoid having that in my life.

4's- Most 4's that I know tend to have a love/hate relationship with drama. It's weird to explain. Like they really hate the drama but fully embrace it to further understand it. So it can appear that they enjoy it.

Me- Generally yeah. But this seems to be more of a personal trait than anything.

Me- Absolutely not.

4's- Most 4's that I know fully embrace the problems in their lives and relationships. They embrace the emotions to fully understand them, since they react to the situation and then introspect to understand themselves and the situation more. I'd say it really depends on what the problem is and if there is a solution.

Me- it depends on what I'm defending and how I foresee it affecting my relationship with the person. I've learned that things really aren't as bad as I think that they are, so I've loosened up a bit and embraced my w8 in the past year or two. If I think it will have a negative affect on the relationship, then I won't. I will always defend a point, but when it gets personal I get uneasy.

4's- Most 4's tend to stand up for themselves like this a lot when they get to know someone. They can be incredibly blunt.

Me- Normal is a socially defined word, it means basically nothing to me. Nothing is normal.

4's- It's in pretty much every 4 profile that they like being unique and it shows; so yeah.

Me- Yes. I consider it a value to be low maintenance, I hate being a pain to be around.

4's- Really depends on the person. Sp lasts tend to be high maintenance out of all of the stackings though.

Me- Yes.

4's- Yes.

Me- lol

4's- Depends on the instincts and wing.

Me- I definitely do.

4's- They do too.

Can Nines typically:

4.1. Be openly emotional by nature (albeit to friends and loved ones, this doesn't necessarily refer to sharing problems.)

It depends on the emotion. I'm open about positive emotions generally, but I'm not as open about negative ones. I share those only with people I feel will care.

4.2. Enjoy a touch of darkness in imagination (literature etc, Burtonesque fantasy etc.)

Yesss. I love darkness in stuff! I'm more drawn to fantasy and fiction if it has a dark element, in fact I rarely read anything that's happy.

Secretly yes. But you wouldn't know it unless you were a close friend.

4.4. Be inclined to express themselves well through fiction writing/poetry/art/music.

Not really. I do like to write screenplays, so I guess that counts as fiction writing.

4.5. Idolize others (particularly lovers) whilst not seeing much good in themselves.

Yeah... but not really that much. Most of the descriptions of this make it sound like 9's are only connected to their loved ones. I am pretty connected to the self, and I tend to see people as they are and can also be very tolerant and somewhat idealistic about them.

I've been told that. I can be too intense for some people, particularly some social first people; mostly so/sps but some so/sxs. I think this has to do with being an sx/sp more than anything though.

Yes.

4.8. Happily relive/recollect cathartic moments as a means of relieving strong emotions.

Yes.

Generally yes. I become depressed about my problems, then end up trying to do something about them, and if I can't do anything I get more depressed until a solution presents itself.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I'll answer the questions about Fours that were addressed to Nines.

I have social anxiety disorder (or as I prefer to call it, extreme self-consciousness), so I'm not normally very expressive; I try to vanish in order to relieve the feelings of exposure. When I'm comfortable, though, I'm openly emotional, although I try to modulate myself in order to avoid being rejected by the people I care about. Sometimes that means concealing, or at least trying to conceal my emotions.

Yes, yes, three times yes; I adore things like the Nightmare Before Christmas and Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles.

Intensely so, although there's a part of me that feels superior to most people.

I'm inclined to express myself through the written word, but I'm not always good at it.

Very much so, although I also have a scornful streak.

Fairly often, but only if you get to know me.

Yes, which is the main reason I enjoy personality typologies and participating in topics like these; they give me an opportunity to figure myself out.

I avoid thinking about the past, as I seldom find pleasure in it and have a foggy, disjointed memory.

I'm someone who needs to work through my feelings and to some extent wallow in them before I can bring things to a resolution. I would never try to sweep a problem under the rug, and I think that people who do are usually causing problems that are even worse than the ones they started out with.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

For me, these are true.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

well I think I'm confused.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)