User Tag List

123 Last

Question Abuse of enneagram

I am curious about what the others think about this ?

The ennegram teaches you how to recognize your weak spots , traumas , bad fantasies etc. (much more than MBTI) However since you can figure out alot about yourself from enneagram you can do pretty much the same for people around you. In a way it is like having a persons heart on the table and now the only thing is that will you stab it with a knife or you wouldn't.

I mean you can make alot of people that are already "half damaged" really miserable. (especially if they have no clue about psychology)
    Or you can simply manipulate them to your advantage.

You can poke an 8 untill he/she expodes and the use that against the person or lure it in a trap. (if your planning is good enough)

You can toy with anexity of type 6.

You can be really harsh towards acomplishments and image of 3s

Chase 5s all over the place.

Ask 2s for a help and then dump them after job is done. (if possble, multiple times)

You can be really rude and assertive towards 4s & 9s.

You can publicly mock belifs that 1 possess.

Or you could try to restrain an 7. (subtly of course)

I mean there is alot of ways to hurt people of each type so I am only making simplistic examples.

So what do you think ? Can enneagram be considered to be a dangerous knowledge?
    Likes erg liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I find bad drivers on the highway more dangerous and more common.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Ginkgo

ENNEAGRAM IS DEATH FOR SOCIETY!! LOLOLOL

I guess any type of tool where you understand others needs can be used against them. But that can be anything from pulling emotional needs from enneagram to buying the wrong drink down at the shops.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I've had these tools before I started learning about type systems and have had to use them at times for survival purposes. Arm twisting is an ancient skill older than any formalized method of personality sorting. The recognition of the differences and ability to discern them is actually the reason any of the systems exist at all.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I await Victor's verdict.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I await Victor's verdict.
    You could probably write it for him now and save him the trouble...

srsly, though, people abuse anything. You could even say attending high school chemistry class could lead to someone abusing science to hurt someone they're mad at. People use religious and social etiquette all the time to hurt people. Often there are more direct ways to hurt people, if you want to hurt them.

It's the people, not the thing per se.
    It just seems like an irrelevant question to me, and I am not sure what was driving it.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

There's a difference between using something to hurt others, and it being THE ULTIMATE TOOL OF DESTRUCTION!!!!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    There's a difference between using something to hurt others, and it being THE ULTIMATE TOOL OF DESTRUCTION!!!!
    That's true.

As far as ultimate tools of destruction go, the enneagram is the psychological equivalent of a marshmallow launcher. If I wanted to really hurt someone, I could do a lot better.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That's true.

As far as ultimate tools of destruction go, the enneagram is the psychological equivalent of a marshmallow launcher. If I wanted to really hurt someone, I could do a lot better.
    Laughing when they take their clothes off usually does the trick.